Author Topic: "As we sit here tonight, Damien Hardwick is still at war with the AFL." - Caro  (Read 1086 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Caro on Footy Classified tonight [Wednesday]:

Watch here: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1567496456621244416

----------------------

Caro -
As we sit here tonight, Damien Hardwick is still at war with the AFL. He gave them a real spray on Monday night over the ARC technology. Whatever you think about it, there's no denying that both parties admit there's been errors. I think the AFL would admit that it wasn't handled as well as it could have been. I don't understand it. I think the AFL would probably agree that Richmond members and supporters deserve to know what went wrong. The AFL think Damien Hardwick is completely out of line. Unfortunately he is now a bit like the boy who cried wolf because he has bitched and moaned about a whole lot of stuff over the last few years.

Ross Lyon -
I think if you go consistently after the Marvel stadium and why we are here ... but I felt for him over the weekend. To me it wasn't definitive. I haven't witnessed the definitive vision. And that was the game! The game was over if that was a goal. Look I though they were a real threat although Prestia going down. Look he is fighting a war you can't win. It's like me
[as coach] to a player. You can do whatever you like son I just pick the team. Guess what they just run the AFL.

Sam McClure -
Is it not slightly disrespectable to talk about a three-time premiership coach as bitching and moaning?

Caro - 
Sam, he complained about the curator at the MCG a few years ago and about how he hated about going to Marvel. Don't shoot the messenger, Sam. I'm telling you what the AFL thinks about Damien Hardwick. He said on Monday night that it [the ARC decision] cost careers.

McClure -
I completely disagree with that statement.

Caro -
But I also think that he [Dimma] is right .... On this one, Ross is right, he has a very good point.

Matthew Lloyd -
He also might want to look at the spoiling of his Richmond players too that hurt him. There was five in the goalsquare Ross and not one of them could fist it over the boundary line [sic - should be over the goal line]. 

Caro -
That's true Matthew but it doesn't mean ... [waves hands to infer that doesn't excuse the ARC].

Lyon -
Hang on! The most important thing is how his club views him and they love him.

Caro -
They do and Brendon Gale is acting as a mediator and I think he's doing a pretty good job.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Go Dimma give Gilligan and Scotty a absolute bollocking. The corrupt pricks deserve it

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
If that is true then double down Dimma we have your back

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Funny I thought the AFL declared war on Richmond after the 2020 flag

Exhibit A: clear rule change(s) to impact one team in particular

Exhibit B: slashing the soft cap by $3mil... clearly designed to hurt the successful clubs who have the financial strength to spend the entire cap amount.

Exhibit C: the draw, continuing to schedule a home game at Comic Book Stadium each season. Hurts crowds and gate takings

That's for starters
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Hardwick is 100% correct to ask the question and I also agree totally with his call to scrap the arc unless they use better technology.

IMO the ARC review is the second most infuriating thing watching AFL footy today.

I hate goal umpires that just refuse to make a decision. In my opinion, a goal umpire that’s in perfect position, closer than any camera but calls for a review should be relegated to VFLW.
It does my head in!  Just make a bloody decision that’s why they get paid for.

Pansies that are too scared to make a call shouldn’t be goal umpiring.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Its been obvious for years there is an agenda against Richmond, glad its starting to get some air time