Author Topic: Season opener: Richmond vs Carlton @ the MCG --- Round 1, 2023  (Read 16060 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Season opener: Richmond vs Carlton @ the MCG --- Round 1, 2023
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2023, 08:15:47 AM »
Thank **** footy is back this week. I don't know how we do it for 6 months every year.
Every year the season seems shorter and the break longer,

Can’t wait. It’s like when you were a kid waiting for Christmas, how tragic

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2023, 09:13:42 AM »
I’m kinda dreading this year, have a crappy feeling in my waters…
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2023, 12:17:48 PM »
My updated guess at our round 1 team after watching training today. Still a couple of positions undecided. Mainly whether Young or Miller play as 2nd key defender. Looks like Pickett will be right to play.

B:    Vlastuin     Miller/Young      Grimes
HB:  D.Rioli         Balta         Baker
C:    McIntosh     Prestia      Pickett
HF:   Bolton        Riewoldt     Martin
F:  Cumberland       Lynch        M.Rioli
R:   Nankervis     Hopper       Taranto
Int: Broad, Cotchin, Ross, Miller (if Young is FB) or Clarke
Sub: Clarke or Graham (if Clarke is in the 22)

Emg: Ryan, Graham, Dow, Hugo.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2023, 02:25:45 PM »
Every AFL club’s predicted Round 1 team

Ben Cotton and Catherine Healey
Fox Sports
March 14th, 2023 12:51 pm

Tigers’ predicted Round 1 team

B: Dylan Grimes, Noah Balta, Tylar Young

HB: Liam Baker, Nick Vlastuin, Daniel Rioli

C: Kamdyn McIntosh, Dion Prestia, Thomson Dow

HF: Dustin Martin, Shai Bolton, Trent Cotchin

F: Noah Cumberland, Jack Riewoldt, Tom Lynch

FOLL: Toby Nankervis, Tim Taranto, Jacob Hopper

I/C: Marlion Pickett, Nathan Broad, Jayden Short, Ivan Soldo, Judson Clarke (sub)

We say: Richmond have a new-look engine room in 2023 thanks to the recruitment of ex-Giants duo Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper. And that means a midfield reshuffle to account for the new duo. Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin and Shai Bolton will spend more minutes forward to assist the one-two attack combo of Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch. And that can only be a positive for coach Damien Hardwick given the trio’s knack for finding avenues to goal. Another positive for the Tigers is the pre-season form of young forward Samson Ryan. Ryan can also pinch-hit in the ruck too, providing a bench option instead of the two recognised ruck combo of Toby Nankervis and Ivan Soldo. Dion Prestia, Jayden Short and Marlion Pickett all still need to prove their fitness to take on Carlton on Thursday. But the likes of Steely Green, Maurice Rioli Jnr and Jack Graham are waiting for their chance should they be needed in Round 1.

Blues’ predicted Round 1 team

B: Mitch McGovern, Jacob Weitering, Adam Saad

HB: Sam Docherty, Lewis Young, Nic Newman

C: Blake Acres, Patrick Cripps, Lochie O’Brien

HF: Zac Fisher, Charlie Curnow, Jack Silvagni

F: Matt Owies, Harry McKay, Jesse Motlop

FOLL: Marc Pittonet, George Hewett, Matt Kennedy

I/C: Tom De Koning, Adam Cerra, Lachie Cowan, Ollie Hollands, Jack Martin

We say: Injuries to Sam Walsh and Zac Williams open up opportunities in the Blues’ best 22, with Lachie Cowan and Ollie Hollands getting the nod to make their debuts after impressing in the pre-season game against Sydney, the former seemingly edging out Alex Cincotta, who’s also in the frame. And while we’ve included Hollands, we still expect Lochie O’Brien to get first crack starting on the wing on the opposite end of recruit Blake Acres, although that could change in the first few weeks. Similarly, we sense the Blues will still start Marc Pittonet in the ruck over Tom De Koning, but it’ll remain a fluid situation pending on performance. Corey Durdin is on his way back from injury and could be made to ply his trade in the VFL to start the season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-predicted-round-1-lineups-team-tips-news-squads-analysis-analysis-updates-injuries-latest/news-story/ff08bdb9d83db0c224c1e6897b370617

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2023, 04:17:31 PM »
Every AFL club’s predicted Round 1 team

Ben Cotton and Catherine Healey
Fox Sports
March 14th, 2023 12:51 pm

Tigers’ predicted Round 1 team

B: Dylan Grimes, Noah Balta, Tylar Young

HB: Liam Baker, Nick Vlastuin, Daniel Rioli

C: Kamdyn McIntosh, Dion Prestia, Thomson Dow

HF: Dustin Martin, Shai Bolton, Trent Cotchin

F: Noah Cumberland, Jack Riewoldt, Tom Lynch

FOLL: Toby Nankervis, Tim Taranto, Jacob Hopper

I/C: Marlion Pickett, Nathan Broad, Jayden Short, Ivan Soldo, Judson Clarke (sub)

We say: Richmond have a new-look engine room in 2023 thanks to the recruitment of ex-Giants duo Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper. And that means a midfield reshuffle to account for the new duo. Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin and Shai Bolton will spend more minutes forward to assist the one-two attack combo of Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch. And that can only be a positive for coach Damien Hardwick given the trio’s knack for finding avenues to goal. Another positive for the Tigers is the pre-season form of young forward Samson Ryan. Ryan can also pinch-hit in the ruck too, providing a bench option instead of the two recognised ruck combo of Toby Nankervis and Ivan Soldo. Dion Prestia, Jayden Short and Marlion Pickett all still need to prove their fitness to take on Carlton on Thursday. But the likes of Steely Green, Maurice Rioli Jnr and Jack Graham are waiting for their chance should they be needed in Round 1.

Blues’ predicted Round 1 team

B: Mitch McGovern, Jacob Weitering, Adam Saad

HB: Sam Docherty, Lewis Young, Nic Newman

C: Blake Acres, Patrick Cripps, Lochie O’Brien

HF: Zac Fisher, Charlie Curnow, Jack Silvagni

F: Matt Owies, Harry McKay, Jesse Motlop

FOLL: Marc Pittonet, George Hewett, Matt Kennedy

I/C: Tom De Koning, Adam Cerra, Lachie Cowan, Ollie Hollands, Jack Martin

We say: Injuries to Sam Walsh and Zac Williams open up opportunities in the Blues’ best 22, with Lachie Cowan and Ollie Hollands getting the nod to make their debuts after impressing in the pre-season game against Sydney, the former seemingly edging out Alex Cincotta, who’s also in the frame. And while we’ve included Hollands, we still expect Lochie O’Brien to get first crack starting on the wing on the opposite end of recruit Blake Acres, although that could change in the first few weeks. Similarly, we sense the Blues will still start Marc Pittonet in the ruck over Tom De Koning, but it’ll remain a fluid situation pending on performance. Corey Durdin is on his way back from injury and could be made to ply his trade in the VFL to start the season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-predicted-round-1-lineups-team-tips-news-squads-analysis-analysis-updates-injuries-latest/news-story/ff08bdb9d83db0c224c1e6897b370617

Geez i hope that is not the round 1 team
No Sonsie, No Bolton No Ryan and No Miller but includes freakin dinosaur Soldo.

Still think we should go with this if that is the Carlton.

FB: Miller 198/98   - Balta 194/102  - Vlastuin 187/87
FF: Dekoning 203/101 - McKay 204/104 - Owies 180/81

HB: Rioli 179/77 - Grimes 194/91 - Broad. 192/87
HF:  Fisher 179/75 -Curnow 192/92 - Silvagni 194/91

C:  Pickett 184/84 - Hopper 187/88 - McIntosh 191/92
C: O'Brien 185/84 - Cripps 195/93 - Acres 189/92

R:  Nankervis 199/104 - Taranto 188/87 - Prestia 175/82
R:  Pittonet 202/104 - Hewett 187/85 - Cerra 187/86

HF: Bolton 175/77 - Lynch 199/99 - Sonsie 181/??
HB: Docherty 185/86 - Young 201/100 - Saad 178/77

FF:  Ryan 206/104 - Riewoldt 193/93 - Cumberland 183/83
FB: Wietering 196/101 - McGovern 191/89 - Newman 187/80

INT: Martin 187/92 - Cotchin 185/85 - Baker 173/72 - Ross 187/87
INT: Kennedy 190/90 - Motlop 176/76 - Cowan 187/?? - Hollands 183/??

Sub: Short 178/76 - Clarke 180/?? - Ralphsmith 188/?? - Dow 182/?? - Graham 181/83 - M Rioli 179/??
Sub: Martin 186/82

After the Melbourne hit out i really think they will Play Dekoning fwd as much as possible.
One area we have been hurt on a regular basis is blokes like  him having field days.

If that is their team then Miller and Ryan are musts imo. Ryan will test them as a fwd and may make Dekoning accountable to him, and Miller and Balta are the only one's with the required height and size to play on McKay and Dekoning if he is played fwd..

Im picking Sonsie every day of the week and ive left Short out of the 22 and don't think Young is ready.Not a big fan of Cotchin playing fwd either Sonsie is a far better choice as a FORWARD/MID.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 05:00:00 PM by the claw »

FooffooValve

« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2023, 04:28:19 PM »
I'd have Cumberland in ahead of Ryan, and i'm tipping Dusty will start on the field. It doesn't look like Pickett will play, so maybe Clarke on the wing. Short injured.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2023, 04:56:51 PM »
I'd have Cumberland in ahead of Ryan, and i'm tipping Dusty will start on the field. It doesn't look like Pickett will play, so maybe Clarke on the wing. Short injured.
Sheesh i left out Cumberland will fix that now. But id play Ryan regardless.We so desperately need another big tall target up fwd.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2023, 05:24:43 PM »
Rather see Miller start than Young.
I guess the match committee know what they are doing
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2023, 06:38:35 PM »
RFC website saying Prestia, Short, Graham, Pickett and Ross are all available to play on Thursday night.

Lynch backed recruit Tylar Young to limit either Charlie Curnow or Harry McKay if called upon to debut.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2023, 08:05:21 PM »
My updated guess at our round 1 team after watching training today. Still a couple of positions undecided. Mainly whether Young or Miller play as 2nd key defender. Looks like Pickett will be right to play.

Shorts been listed as available on the RFC website - did you see differently at training? If he is available I’d expect him to play ahead of Ross in your lineup.

All signs point to Young being named in defence with Tarrant out injured.

With Soldo listed as injured, it would suggest Miller or Ryan will have to be named to give nank a chopout. I’d prefer Miller as he can also be moved into defence if Young is struggling but rekn they’ll go with Ryan.

Clarke as the sub I rekn.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2023, 08:41:48 PM »

Shorts been listed as available on the RFC website - did you see differently at training? If he is available I’d expect him to play ahead of Ross in your lineup.

All signs point to Young being named in defence with Tarrant out injured.

With Soldo listed as injured, it would suggest Miller or Ryan will have to be named to give nank a chopout. I’d prefer Miller as he can also be moved into defence if Young is struggling but rekn they’ll go with Ryan.

Clarke as the sub I rekn.
It's definitely changed from late last week as far as I was aware, TK. The only reason why I left him out was I thought they said last week that Short had already been ruled out along with Tarrant. So, Shorty must have made a much quicker full recovery from that calf than expected. Now they are saying it only depends on him pulling up well after training. If he does, then I agree Dimma will pick him ahead of Ross on the bench.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2023, 09:24:47 PM »
I’m kinda dreading this year, have a crappy feeling in my waters…
We need to get through the first seven rounds where virtually every team we're playing are either certain or potential finalists. We don't want to be behind the ledger playing catch up all year. We need to hit the ground running Thursday night.