Author Topic: Cats, Tigers and the art of recruiting recycled players (afl site)  (Read 614 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Cats, Tigers and the art of recruiting recycled players

In today's AFL Daily, star journalists Damian Barrett and Nathan Schmook join all the dots on football's biggest issues.

- Geelong's 'magnificent seven' recycled players
- The recycled stars in Richmond's three-peat
- How St Kilda's strategy has backfired

LISTEN HERE: https://omny.fm/shows/afl-daily/afl-daily-2nd-chance-premiership-players

https://www.afl.com.au/news/872132/listen-cats-tigers-and-the-art-of-recruiting-recycled-players
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Cats, Tigers and the art of recruiting recycled players (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 03:03:59 PM »
Recycled lol Prestia ,Nank ,Caddy and Taranto and Hopper these journals not even good for bush league footy.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 02:59:23 PM »
Anyone would think it was rocket science.
Its simple good picks to go on quality proven players who still have plenty of footy left in em.
Never to be used on unproven players from other clubs you go to the draft instead.

Lynch although a f/a but big contract, Prestia, Taranto Hopper all proven quality players thus the cost of early picks.

Toby Nankervis while he showed potential was not proven hence we got him with a pick in the forties and proved to be a bargain.

Houli sheesh never my cup of tea but was imo a proven run player and was always going to be proficient across hb.His numbers at essendon were good he just was not getting a lot of games.

. Grigg even at Carlton had elite run and spread qualities and we got em both in the psd basically for nothing. Griggs last season at Carlton was just as good in most areas  as any season we got out of him in the main.
Again not my cup of tea i thought both a bit soft.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 03:43:02 PM »
Grigg was a much better player at Richmond. Houli too.

Anyway we got them both for the loss of Collins. 370+ games. Excellent work by the club.

I think the club has also missed having Grigg around. From all reports worths his weight in gold off the field.