Author Topic: What is the best 5 minute burst of individual footy brilliance you have seen?  (Read 1090 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
As per thread title -

What is the best 5 minute burst of individual footy brilliance you have seen?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
First one that comes to mind.

I’m not sure if it was exactly 5 minutes but Nathan Browns 5 goals vs James Clement MCG in Round 8, 2005

That late last quarter demolition got us over the line.

https://youtu.be/HBjX6ySHHWI
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 06:59:28 PM by Tigeritis™©® »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Matty Knights
The two goals in succession against Essendon in the 1995 final was the best minute I’ve ever seen live by any footballer

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Jimmy Jess Vs Whoreforn in 1977.  Close game at 3/4 time, Jim comes off the bench for the last qtr, Royce Hart goes to full back to give Jim room to move.  The arm wrestle continues for another 15 mins then Jim pulls down an absolute hanger & kicks his first, then goes white hot to pull down a one-hander & another speccy soon after, kicking truly each time.  We won by 4 points when Royce threw himself over a boot to shut the door on them in the final minute.   
Champions at both ends & a changing of the guard from old to new ... memorable stuff ...     :bow   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
Not sure about 5mins either but dusty has absolutely ripped many a final to shreds in short spans of time and just completely turned them in our favour.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Not sure about 5mins either but dusty has absolutely ripped many a final to shreds in short spans of time and just completely turned them in our favour.

The way he spanked the Cats in 2017 QF and then his efforts in the 2020 GF before HT and then with his crazy goal to put us in front in Q3 were stuff of legend.

First one that comes to mind.

I’m not sure if it was exactly 5 minutes but Nathan Browns 5 goals vs James Clement MCG in Round 8, 2005

That late last quarter demolition got us over the line.

https://youtu.be/HBjX6ySHHWI

I remember this and it was amazing.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
Stephen Jurica kicking multiple goals in 5mins v SOS. Bruce called him a star. Not on of Bruce’s best calls
Stuey Edwards multiple goals in a preseason night game at Waverley, didn’t do anything after
Justin Plapp last qtr against Colonwood in a Friday night game at the G; and
KB in the last qtr of the 1980 GF

Broadsword

Matty Knights
The two goals in succession against Essendon in the 1995 final was the best minute I’ve ever seen live by any footballer

Yep. Also as a team 6 goals in the opening 5 minutes against North in round 4 that year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fst0PFGDq3I

(90s footy was the best.)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
Matty Knights

Yep. Also as a team 6 goals in the opening 5 minutes against North in round 4 that year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fst0PFGDq3I

(90s footy was the best.)

Yes, i remember that night too. What a start to the game!!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Dustin Martin - fourth quarter qualifying final Geelong 2017
Unleash the tornado

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dusty's numerous 5 minutes in finals stands out and Nathan Brown's last quarter as above was magical.

As an alternate Nathan Foley's opening 5minutes against Collinwood in around 2007. First bounce Foley explodes from the centre, breaks away and hits Polak on the lead for the opening goal. Then very next bounce Foley explodes from the centre and hits the leading Polak for another goal

Was probably 3 minutes but had me up and about that game. We only won 3games that year and Collinwood made a pre Lim

We welcomed Trent after Carlton got a prioritypick and chose Kreuzer. That after trading pick 3 and Kennedy to West Coast forJudd

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
I want to mention alex rance cramping while going all out in the rd 23 game against sydney in 2014. I think riewoldt even said it was off tap?

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dusty's numerous 5 minutes in finals stands out and Nathan Brown's last quarter as above was magical.

As an alternate Nathan Foley's opening 5minutes against Collinwood in around 2007. First bounce Foley explodes from the centre, breaks away and hits Polak on the lead for the opening goal. Then very next bounce Foley explodes from the centre and hits the leading Polak for another goal

Was probably 3 minutes but had me up and about that game. We only won 3games that year and Collinwood made a pre Lim

We welcomed Trent after Carlton got a prioritypick and chose Kreuzer. That after trading pick 3 and Kennedy to West Coast forJudd

I know Judd was a gun but you have to smile when you realise that Carlton got their timing wrong and could have had Kennedy, Cotchin, Dangerfield and maybe someone like Scott Thompson instead of Kreuzer and Judd.

Just goes to show it's not worth selling the farm for one bloke when you have a handy draft hand, better to go the kids. Having their sort of draft capital would be amazing (1, 3 & 20).

I want to mention alex rance cramping while going all out in the rd 23 game against sydney in 2014. I think riewoldt even said it was off tap?

That was an amazing game from him, last quarter was herculean.