Author Topic: McRae said Pies fans are louder & more passionate than Tigers fans (SEN)  (Read 1006 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
In this week's AFL Record.

“LOUDER AND MORE PASSIONATE”: MCRAE STOKES THE FLAMES AHEAD OF COLLINGWOOD-RICHMOND BLOCKBUSTER

By Ash Browne
SEN
27 March 2023

Not much is needed to stoke the flames ahead a Collingwood-Richmond blockbuster, but Magpie coach Craig McRae has good-naturedly opened proceedings ahead of Friday’s MCG clash between the two clubs.

In an interview with the AFL Record, McRae said Collingwood had the best supporter base in the AFL, including Richmond, which like the Pies, also had 100,000 members last year.

“I'm going to say something controversial. Collingwood’s 100,000 members are a lot louder and more passionate,” he said.

“I know I'm not here to say we're the biggest and the best,” he continued. “But one thing I do know is that our supporter base is unbelievable. And I was part of Richmond with their 100,000 members.”

McRae is in his second season as coach of Collingwood, having previously spent several years at Richmond. He coached the Tigers' VFL team to a premiership and was an assistant to Damien Hardwick as the Tigers won three flags in four years between 2017 and 2020 and smashed AFL membership records along the way.

He was at Hawthorn for 12 months before joining the Magpies.

In the interview, published last weekend, he said what he noticed about Collingwood is the constant noise and excitement surrounding the club, which reached fever pitch during last year’s run of close finishes and which is again evident early in 2023 after the club’s unbeaten start to the season.

“There's always cameras here. There's always a story that's trying to be created. It didn't happen at Richmond. It didn't happen at Hawthorn,” he said.

More than 90,000 fans are expected at the MCG on Friday night for the clash between the Magpies (fourth) and the Tigers (sixth). It is a Collingwood home game.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/03/26/louder-and-more-passionate-mcrae-stokes-the-flames-ahead-of-collingwood/

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Lol.

Also got more pedos.

What's he supposed to say? Oh yeah my new club is way less passionate....

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Lol.

Also got more pedos.

What's he supposed to say? Oh yeah my new club is way less passionate....

:lol :lol :lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Finally we have proof that it only takes 12mths at Collingwood to go from a good bloke to an arrogant campaigner.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
One thing I don’t think McRae is, is arrogant. He’s just backing his club and creating a bit of drama for the game. Interested to hear dimma’s response though

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
It’s not his fault
I hear It’s the compulsory lobotomy required so they can have a conversation on the same level as the fans

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Let's face it, he took the structure and the philosophe directly from us to Collingwood which has turned them around. Melbourne copied it and now Collingwood have. Problem is the might have a bit more talent to plug into that structure. I hope they don't but I fear they might go all the way this year.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
I'd be insulted if what Craig said made any sense at all :huh3.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd