Author Topic: Dimma quits [merged]  (Read 34151 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dimma quits [merged]
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2023, 05:09:29 AM »
Scott Gullan in the HeraldSun claiming Dimma will coach this weekend.

-------------

Hardwick is scheduled to ­inform players and staff of the shock decision at Punt Road on Tuesday morning.

He is expected to coach his final game against Port Adelaide on Sunday at the MCG.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/damien-hardwick-quits-richmond-in-coaching-bombshell/news-story/dfb5ee52b1f638dd1530408daf86d1f0

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2023, 06:34:25 AM »
I’m actually quite sad this morning. Dimma had been coach since I was 13. Shared so many frustrating losses together ( Gold Coast after the siren ptsd ). I went to school in Geelong and as the only Richmond supporter especially when we were poo it ducked. To win those 3 flags is truely something special and I certainly had my doubts whether he was the right man or not but he definitely was. To turn it around after 2016 is an amazing effort and he will be remembered as the best coach in our history. I hope he doesn’t go to another club.
Times they are a changing !

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2023, 07:13:27 AM »
I think the fact we are now a leaky club speaks volumes where we are at and probably need a whole overhaul. Since 2020 things just haven't been the same as they were between 2017-2019. We aren't a mess we just aren't acting like an elite club and not playing like one. Time to review what is working and what isn't and get back to where we should be. Change can be positive.

Agree who ever had leaked this needs to go, absolutely shameful.
Excellent post.  :clapping

For whatever reasons (and I have my opinion on this) our standards aren’t the same.

Craig McCrae when talking about his players last night commented about the high standards his players uphold.

He said to Robbo and Gerard last night,

“the players give us a lot of feedback. The standards they set themselves.  You come to watch us train and you’ll see how high the level we apply for ourselves. There’s no reasons to have concerns or lack of trust in our preparations. So we rock up with a lot of confidence we are going to deliver a certain standard because that what’s we’ve seen during the week.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2023, 09:08:35 AM »
How this got out to the media is puzzling very poor and unprofessional. Without a doubt since our last flag club has dropped it standards on and off the field and rested on it's morals.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2023, 09:10:32 AM »
According to the HeraldSun, Dimma arrived at Punt Rd around 8.30am and now players & officials are arriving.

Broadsword

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2023, 09:36:17 AM »
Let's be honest, this isn't a great look for the club. I left a job after Covid because of burnout but I only left quickly because the workplace was also toxic. If I'd been working somewhere I loved and felt supported I would have stayed a bit longer and done things in an orderly way. For Dimma to just up stumps and leave mid-season indicates to me that something else is wrong, because if it's important symbolically to support Cotch to 300 when he's not quite there anymore then it's just as important to get Dimma to the end of the season and have him leave in the right way.

Maybe I'm wrong and everything's great and he's just done, but I don't really buy it. Interesting to hear what everyone has to say at 10:30. Triple premiership winning coaches shouldn't really be leaving mid season in this manner. Even if 'it's time' I don't think anyone feels good about these circumstances whatsoever. Very bitter taste.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2023, 09:45:38 AM »
Let's be honest, this isn't a great look for the club. I left a job after Covid because of burnout but I only left quickly because the workplace was also toxic. If I'd been working somewhere I loved and felt supported I would have stayed a bit longer and done things in an orderly way. For Dimma to just up stumps and leave mid-season indicates to me that something else is wrong, because if it's important symbolically to support Cotch to 300 when he's not quite there anymore then it's just as important to get Dimma to the end of the season and have him leave in the right way.

Maybe I'm wrong and everything's great and he's just done, but I don't really buy it. Interesting to hear what everyone has to say at 10:30. Triple premiership winning coaches shouldn't really be leaving mid season in this manner. Even if 'it's time' I don't think anyone feels good about these circumstances whatsoever. Very bitter taste.

You know when you are cooked.  Dimma looked cooked after the ARC fiasco last year and who could blame him.  He wasn't delivering 100% this year and he has made the right call. 

A new era is upon the club with Peggy, Dimma, Cotch and Jack all gone and Benny likely gone at the end of the year.  Have to hope like hell they can convince Balmey to stay on a few more years to oversee the new leadership team. 

In Balmey we trust.

Broadsword

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2023, 09:51:38 AM »

You know when you are cooked.  Dimma looked cooked after the ARC fiasco last year and who could blame him.  He wasn't delivering 100% this year and he has made the right call. 

A new era is upon the club with Peggy, Dimma, Cotch and Jack all gone and Benny likely gone at the end of the year.  Have to hope like hell they can convince Balmey to stay on a few more years to oversee the new leadership team. 

In Balmey we trust.
I wonder if Brad Scott's unwatchable football was the final nail in the coffin.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2023, 10:02:37 AM »
It seemed like he has simply lost the playing group.  Perhaps he realised this and decided the time was right to call it quits
If that is the case I applaud him for making the call now.

Broadsword

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2023, 10:09:09 AM »
It seemed like he has simply lost the playing group.  Perhaps he realised this and decided the time was right to call it quits
If that is the case I applaud him for making the call now.
That's my suspicion too. Not that anything nasty happened, just that he realised he didn't have them on side anymore. Even in 2016 I think he had the group. That's always been his 1-wood -- his relationship with his players. If that had eroded I can see why he'd stop immediately. Otherwise I can't see how he'd leave immediately (personal circumstances aside, but even that would lend itself to time off rather than resignation).

Broadsword

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2023, 10:10:54 AM »
Anyway, it's 5pm here in Canada so I can crack a beer in his honour.

My overwhelming feeling? A very sad day.  :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2023, 10:31:35 AM »
It's being shown live on the AFL website and app.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2023, 10:41:10 AM »
Spoke really well. Not a dry eye here.

How do we not have microphones for questions it's 2023.
Go Tigers!

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2023, 10:55:13 AM »
Spoke really well. Not a dry eye here.

How do we not have microphones for questions it's 2023.
This is infuriating.  Amateur hour. 

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2023, 11:03:06 AM »
Lots of emotions.

Very proud how far our footy club has come I grew up with. KB and the revolving door of coaches through the nineties. Dimma sold our place beautifully for any coach wanting a top top job. Made me think why leave but ge he looked happy in his decision.

A bit sad that it's the end of an era which will be capped off with Cotch and Jack farewells.

Benny G looked absolutely shattered.
Go Tigers!