Author Topic: Hardwick poaches Richmond's football analysis manager Hayden Hill to Suns (afl)  (Read 2851 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Damien Hardwick has made the first personnel acquisition for his new football department at Gold Coast by nabbing a former Richmond colleague.

The three-time Tigers premiership coach will bring Richmond's football analysis manager Hayden Hill to the Suns as part of his coaching department as he takes the reins ahead of 2024.

Hill has been at Richmond since 2001 and been a right-hand man for Hardwick in the data and game analysis area through the coach's 14 seasons at the helm of the Tigers.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1020377/damien-hardwick-poaches-long-time-richmond-tigers-staffer-for-new-gold-coast-suns-role

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Isn’t there some sort of agreement to stop things like this? Or is that only in the real world??

Maybe we can get Jonah hill to replace home and ramp up our drafting sept?? 😂😂

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Let him take anyone outside gale, Balme and 10 or so players. Club needs new fresh ideas with the new coach coming in.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Let him take anyone outside gale, Balme and 10 or so players. Club needs new fresh ideas with the new coach coming in.

I agree totally TK.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
I have no idea who this is.

Fresh faces priority.
Go Tigers!

Online HKTigerB

• Future Richmond star
This is a critical loss.  Hayden would be the longest serving person with such a role in the AFL.  The IP he has is intangible.  He is the brains that Francis Jackson, Matt Clarke and Blair Hartley rely on.

Online PremiershipClock

• Future Richmond star
No biggie.. Lots of really smart young sports analysis boffins coming through.

Old mate Hayden probably was using an abacus if he was around when the twin towers were still standing

Online HKTigerB

• Future Richmond star
No biggie.. Lots of really smart young sports analysis boffins coming through.

Old mate Hayden probably was using an abacus if he was around when the twin towers were still standing

Nah he built databases from scratch.  He understands the data and linkages.  He is a huge loss.  That amount of IP is intangible.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
This is a critical loss.  Hayden would be the longest serving person with such a role in the AFL.  The IP he has is intangible.  He is the brains that Francis Jackson, Matt Clarke and Blair Hartley rely on.

spot on

big loss for us

great gain for them
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....

Well if he's the reason they keep drafting half back flankers and stuff up nearly every pick under 50 then good riddance and so say I... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
Damien Hardwick has made the first personnel acquisition for his new football department at Gold Coast by nabbing a former Richmond colleague.

The three-time Tigers premiership coach will bring Richmond's football analysis manager Hayden Hill to the Suns as part of his coaching department as he takes the reins ahead of 2024.

Hill has been at Richmond since 2001 and been a right-hand man for Hardwick in the data and game analysis area through the coach's 14 seasons at the helm of the Tigers.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1020377/damien-hardwick-poaches-long-time-richmond-tigers-staffer-for-new-gold-coast-suns-role

Pretty clear who Hayden thinks is the better coach between Dimma and Mini

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Let's hope we replace him with someone of the same quality because club has been loosing staff and not replacing them need to spend.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Let's hope we replace him with someone of the same quality because club has been loosing staff and not replacing them need to spend.

His cost was already in the soft cap. So him goings means that money is there for whoever his replacement is  ::)

Finding someone as qualified and with the same experience is the big challenge. I'd go as far as to say that no other Club has anyone as good as Hayden Hill.

Massive loss.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Good on you Dimma

Pretty clear we are “that organisation” now

poo effort and it’s only the beginning

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
We move on.
Everyone is replaceable.