Author Topic: Jacob Koschitzke - officially a Tiger for pick 49 [merged]  (Read 21838 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hawk Jacob Koschitzke has asked for a trade to Richmond [merged]
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2023, 04:59:01 PM »
JACOB KOSCHITZKE

Despite what the Hawks said on radio last week, Hawthorn wants pick 29. Richmond is saying no way, they have picks 50 & 68.

The Hawks would then use that Pick 29 from Richmond to get Mabior Chol from Gold Coast.

It’s fair to say the Suns and Tigers are aligned, but Hawthorn is the odd one out for this potential three club trade.

The Hawks want too much for Koschitzke and Chol and that’s holding up the Suns and Tigers.

- Tom Morris

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10/16/tom-morris-temperature-check-on-all-the-trades-yet-to-be-done/

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2023, 05:04:29 PM »
Tell the Hawks to GAGF'd and send him in the pre-season draft.  He can nominate his contract terms which will help ensure no one else gets him.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2023, 05:54:18 PM »
I don’t think we need to nickle and dime this trade. It will end up being for a pick in the late 30’s …. this year or next and we’re going to get something similar for Soldo. I have noticed we’ve stopped with the “if he wants to leave, we’ll let him he owes us nothing” rhetoric

I see him as our best backup option for Nank who is basically guaranteed to be injured at some stage, unless Ryan can slam on 5-10kg over summer.

Difference is that Soldo is contracted and Kosi isn't.

Hawks wanting a mid-2nd is laughable for an uncontacted bloke offered 1 year on about $150k. Plenty of them had him in a delist pile.

Soldo despite his limitations has never been on a delist pile IMO and every club in the league would be happy to have a 2nd backup ruck like him. All clubs want 1 primary ruck and 1 backup but rarely play 2 proper rucks unless one of them is useful forward so there seems to be an ongoing merry go round of 2nd tier rucks looking for better money and opportunity.
Koschitzke doesn’t have to sign a contract with hawks, just tell him not to sign and we pick him up. Any problem with that??

No, except any club could take him with a psd pick before us if they want t a kpf
Yep not sure which clubs have a psd pick in front of us but at least 5 would have a pick before us id say. 
I reckon when you look at Norths   list they are one club who would probably take him as their kpf stocks are pretty slim.
In fact going forward id say they have just about everything covered but lack serious depth with  KPF KPD and Rucks.

They go into next year with just Combden and Larkey as key fwds the only other option is the ruck/fwd but not quite either in CCJ.

With McKay gone there is really only Corr and Logue with 5 gamer Dawson  as kpd's.
With Goldstein gone Xerri CCJ and Free who has not played a game  as rucks. Im actually shocked they have not gone for a few mature talls just like Koschitzke.

There is Bound to be a few other clubs in a simolar boat as well.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2023, 06:21:46 PM »
Part of the Biggy deal would have been they don't take him.  He won't go West and Dimma won't pinch him so we can get him easily.  Hawks won't redraft him if he tells em FO.   

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2023, 07:27:25 PM »
I don’t think we need to nickle and dime this trade. It will end up being for a pick in the late 30’s …. this year or next and we’re going to get something similar for Soldo. I have noticed we’ve stopped with the “if he wants to leave, we’ll let him he owes us nothing” rhetoric

I see him as our best backup option for Nank who is basically guaranteed to be injured at some stage, unless Ryan can slam on 5-10kg over summer.

Difference is that Soldo is contracted and Kosi isn't.

Hawks wanting a mid-2nd is laughable for an uncontacted bloke offered 1 year on about $150k. Plenty of them had him in a delist pile.

Soldo despite his limitations has never been on a delist pile IMO and every club in the league would be happy to have a 2nd backup ruck like him. All clubs want 1 primary ruck and 1 backup but rarely play 2 proper rucks unless one of them is useful forward so there seems to be an ongoing merry go round of 2nd tier rucks looking for better money and opportunity.
Koschitzke doesn’t have to sign a contract with hawks, just tell him not to sign and we pick him up. Any problem with that??

No, except any club could take him with a psd pick before us if they want t a kpf

A player will almost always get to the club they wanted to be traded to in the PSD. Very few exceptions of this not being the case.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2023, 07:34:21 PM »
John McCarthy's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2023, 09:04:54 PM »
John McCarthy's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.... :shh

Nick Stevens too. Wanted to get to the Pies Port wouldn't trade him so he went in the PSD, Port got nothing and he wound up at Carlton
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 08:41:09 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2023, 05:02:17 PM »
Hawthorn is still pushing Jacob Koschitzke's trade value hard.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1714133886173917315

"Richmond offered up a pick in the 60's, they've got pick 65 and 68... The Hawks rejected that. What the Hawks would like to do is take whatever pick they get as a future pick and use that for Mabior Chol."

- Jacob Koschitzke trade scenario

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1714105596767834592

Talks on Jacob Koschitzke are continuing, albeit slowly.

@Richmond_FC offered a pick in the 60s (They have 65 & 68) and
@HawthornFC refused. Remember the Hawks initial position was pick ~25.

https://twitter.com/tommorris32/status/1714094142983487923

"The Hawks have asked for a future third rounder for Jacob Koschitzke."

- @RileyBev

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1714090347733848216

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2023, 05:03:47 PM »
I'd happily part with an F3, especially if we can get an F2 for Soldo.

Likely to be around 45-50

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2023, 07:46:10 PM »
I just don’t think the hawks have any leverage here. A player who was in the 2s all season and is uncontracted. They can accept what we offer or let him walk to the PSD, I highly highly doubt anyone will jump in and take him before us.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2023, 08:45:02 PM »
..Hawks posturing becomes all the more amusing when it looks like they could get Ginevan for a late 2nd rounder or early 3rd rounder

Premiership player (albeit he hardly touched it) -v- a bloke who spent most of 2023 running around in the VFL

Righteo then ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2023, 09:29:34 PM »
I think I am over this Kozitski trade situation. Time to move on and let them keep him or send him to the draft. He is not worth the effort of a second round pick. . I would rather we recruit Billy Guerts from Dromana. A Ruckman forward who dominated in the Mornington Peninsula division 1 grand final. Ex Collingwood rookie. Or someone similar for nothing.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2023, 01:34:59 AM »
Richmond denying reports they were prepared to accept a future third-rounder for Jacob Koschitzke.

The Chol deal will go down to the wire, given the Hawks are yet to agree on a deal for Koschitzke to get to the Tigers.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-period-follow-all-the-latest-news-and-deals-from-day-seven-of-the-exchange-period/news-story/aa101ccce8a50183495193b09a0e5b81

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2023, 01:06:56 PM »
Richmond offered a pick in the 60s for Jacob Koschitzke, which was knocked back by Hawthorn who are seeking a future pick

The Tigers have a 3-year offer on the table for Koschitzke, compared to 1-year from the Hawks

https://twitter.com/AFLTradeHub/status/1714435945238519849

"Don't hold up proceedings once he wants to go."

Garry calls on Hawthorn to just get Jacob Koschitzke to Richmond.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/1116sen/status/1714434869441306881

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2023, 01:40:32 PM »
Don't budge on the pick in the 60's.