Author Topic: Tasmania is looking to poach Richmond GM of football talent Blair Hartley (3aw)  (Read 893 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Balmy was pushed out the door. He was left out of the recruiting process of Yze.

Who knows how he was treated in the 1/2 years before that by BH.

He’s 72 and has some health concerns. I hardly think he’s getting pushed. Seriously.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Balmy was pushed out the door. He was left out of the recruiting process of Yze.

He was "pushed out the door", you know this because? He told you perhaps? Or you're just giving your opinion to suit your narrative?

Just asking

Your kidding me mate I expected alot better response from you. He had a meeting with Gale and Livingstone unexpectedly and was told it's your last year in 2024 and didn't see it coming and wanted to go on.

https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-casual-lunch-that-brought-a-club-favourite-s-time-at-tigerland-to-an-end-20240314-p5fcie.html

The fact is you got one of the best foot administrators the game has seen and success comes with him and we keep on as a advisor is laughable. You think in this current time his input and expertise wouldn't be valuable  ?. Livingstone is not good enough to tie his shoe laces have a look at his last 2 seasons utter rubbish. His the head of the footy department and look at our fitness and conditioning and medical department incompetent that's just one example.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Since Blair and Livingstone have taken over from Balmey it’s all gone to poo

💯 I got no problem with Blair , but Livingstone aren't much chop   who does the fitness and medical department answer to the head of the footy department who was part of the appointment that's just a example.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame

Mate demoted as a advisor the best footy administrator in the game is laughable you tell me in our current presence his experience wouldn't be beneficial.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
He has proven himself across 3 clubs , you would think if he’s capable and wants a position it should be offered, I know he can be passionate but as long it’s directed in the right way it shouldn’t be a problem

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
He has proven himself across 3 clubs , you would think if he’s capable and wants a position it should be offered, I know he can be passionate but as long it’s directed in the right way it shouldn’t be a problem

:clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

The fact is you got one of the best foot administrators the game has seen and success comes with him and we keep on as a advisor is laughable. You think in this current time his input and expertise wouldn't be valuable  ?. Livingstone is not good enough to tie his shoe laces have a look at his last 2 seasons utter rubbish. His the head of the footy department and look at our fitness and conditioning and medical department incompetent that's just one example.

Firstly, Livingstone is not the sole head of the footy department. It shared between Livingstone and Hartley. Minor technicality I suppose. And the fact remains he stood aside from his role as head of the the footy department and recommended Livingstone and Hartley share the role.

I am actually staggered that they are not using his input more than they are. His calm head is what we need now.

As for the meeting, although disappointed he has accepted the decision. He has said in numerous interviews and functions that his health hasn't been great. Last time I checked he is still at the Club, hasn't been kicked out the door..

Mate demoted as a advisor the best footy administrator in the game is laughable you tell me in our current presence his experience wouldn't be beneficial.

He wasn't "demoted" he made that call. He took on the Senior Club Advisor role to actually help the Club. Go back to when it happened...join the dots, it isn't hard.... footy soft cap slashed and he makes a move so we didn't have to cut as deep ...

As I said we could use his calm head right now but it is up to people to ask and this includes the new coach
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
If we need Balmey now then we have wasted the last however many years where he, Peggy and co have been at the club.
You cannot keep relying on one man (or woman) to run something. At some point, others need to pick up the slack and use what they’ve learned.
The problem won’t be fixed by leaning on Balmey, it’s replacing those who haven’t been able to keep us regenerating the club in the past 4 years.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
We need to stop other teams from poaching our people. And we need to do it now..

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
If we need Balmey now then we have wasted the last however many years where he, Peggy and co have been at the club.
You cannot keep relying on one man (or woman) to run something. At some point, others need to pick up the slack and use what they’ve learned.
The problem won’t be fixed by leaning on Balmey, it’s replacing those who haven’t been able to keep us regenerating the club in the past 4 years.

Like the cats have done you mean? Wells still floating around the place and Cook only left recently to join the blues.

If you have good people you keep them. End of story

Other people may not hold the standards as high as the ones they replaced :shh

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame

Like the cats have done you mean? Wells still floating around the place and Cook only left recently to join the blues.

If you have good people you keep them. End of story

Other people may not hold the standards as high as the ones they replaced :shh

Great comment spot on 💯

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Brian Cook is in his 3rd year at the Blues, the Cats have done exactly what I am suggesting. Rhe model of leadership revolving around the leader himself becoming indispensable to the organisation is redundant. We really should have been able to replace Balmey as well as Benny in the near future. Club must rejuvenate it’s leadership, retaining what has worked while evolving with the new crap the AFL have implemented - which I think we have really struggled to do. Take soft cap, I still think we’ve failed to adapt like other clubs. Time doesn’t stand still for anyone and we look a little exposed at the moment.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Brian Cook is in his 3rd year at the Blues, the Cats have done exactly what I am suggesting. Rhe model of leadership revolving around the leader himself becoming indispensable to the organisation is redundant. We really should have been able to replace Balmey as well as Benny in the near future. Club must rejuvenate it’s leadership, retaining what has worked while evolving with the new crap the AFL have implemented - which I think we have really struggled to do. Take soft cap, I still think we’ve failed to adapt like other clubs. Time doesn’t stand still for anyone and we look a little exposed at the moment.

BC started at Geelong in 1998, 22 years ago.

There is a difference in years and he has served them well over many flags.

Hopefully Benny stays because if the president is any indication we will be very light on for leadership.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brendon Gale says on 3AW reports he will attempt to secure list boss Blair Hartley at Tasmania are not correct. Says Hartley will stay put at Richmond under the current structure and is invested in the current list renovation. Great news for Richmond.

https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1789128995034042780

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Brendon Gale says on 3AW reports he will attempt to secure list boss Blair Hartley at Tasmania are not correct. Says Hartley will stay put at Richmond under the current structure and is invested in the current list renovation. Great news for Richmond.

https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1789128995034042780

Ralphsmith is wrapt with that. Another 3yrs of free money