Author Topic: Richmond vs Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval --- Round 13, 2024  (Read 10660 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Richmond vs Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval --- Round 13, 2024
« Reply #210 on: June 07, 2024, 01:54:56 PM »
Windbag just finding any old reason to moan as per usual.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #211 on: June 07, 2024, 04:07:23 PM »
Yeah...

Like stuff me, this year hasn't been good. But last night we got to watch our club get a win and see some young kids play some good footy. But nah let's come on here and write essays on how we've done it all wrong

Just enjoy the occasional win every once n a while eh..
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #212 on: June 07, 2024, 04:35:48 PM »
I reckon we have missed the boat to a degree. Yes we have played some kids almost only becuase of injuries and too often even then reluctantly. but we could have played a more and got more games into them as well.

Two examples this week McAuliffe as sub  and Smith dropped having got a few minutes the week before.  missed an opportunity imo to at least look at one or two talls in Bauer, Gray, Blight. Trouble with is it means favorites like Short dow and McIntosh have to be dropped.

Funny how quickly people forget after a meaningless win against a very poor opposition last night.
I've been calling for kmac to be dropped, but honestly, last night he was one of our best. Cannot drop him if he keeps this level of performance up. Dow is improving each week and will only get better. SHORT is the one who needs to be dropped. All he does is get cheap stats . Pumps up his numbers , runs meaningless KMs just to butcher the ball.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #213 on: June 07, 2024, 06:15:08 PM »
Yeah...

Like stuff me, this year hasn't been good. But last night we got to watch our club get a win and see some young kids play some good footy. But nah let's come on here and write essays on how we've done it all wrong

Just enjoy the occasional win every once n a while eh..

It's clearly pathological at this point ..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: June 07, 2024, 08:23:18 PM »
I reckon we have missed the boat to a degree. Yes we have played some kids almost only becuase of injuries and too often even then reluctantly. but we could have played a more and got more games into them as well.

Two examples this week McAuliffe as sub  and Smith dropped having got a few minutes the week before.  missed an opportunity imo to at least look at one or two talls in Bauer, Gray, Blight. Trouble with is it means favorites like Short dow and McIntosh have to be dropped.

Funny how quickly people forget after a meaningless win against a very poor opposition last night.

We’ve only played 40 this year. How dare we be so conservative.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #215 on: June 08, 2024, 12:00:06 PM »
lol at you lot it was a mistake riddled game and just highlighted how poor Adelaide are going atm.
A poor team beat an even poorer team.

Do people really  think we have done well with the likes of Smith and McAuliffe and others.
The hypocrisy of some here People have complained bitterly about seniors not getting dropped and kids not getting rewarded.
It has permeated the whole site yet here we win a nothing game and its like watching leopards change their spots.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: June 08, 2024, 01:04:00 PM »
 :sleep :sleep :sleep
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2024, 01:32:59 PM »
lol at you lot it was a mistake riddled game and just highlighted how poor Adelaide are going atm.

Do people really  think we have done well with the likes of Smith and McAuliffe and others.
The hypocrisy of some here People have complained bitterly about seniors not getting dropped and kids not getting rewarded.
It has permeated the whole site yet here we win a nothing game and its like watching leopards change their spots.

This is like getting a great steak and whinging because the chips are a little over cooked.
Kevin Sheedy once described his coaching career as being 8 hours of highlights.
Even you can’t claim that
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #218 on: June 08, 2024, 02:11:42 PM »

Well forgive me and anyone else who actually enjoyed the fact we won a game. Can see some light at the end of what for the last month in particular has been pitch black tunnel. Or is enjoying seeing the likes of Campbell, McAuliffe, Hugo, Lefau develop.

Sorry if that doesn't fit your ultra never-ending narrative of negativity and incessant bagging of nearly everything the Club does but we don't always get what we want do we?

I'll take the glass half full approach in this instance, you can continue down your path of negativity and misery because clearly you know no other way

:gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #219 on: June 08, 2024, 02:41:51 PM »
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #220 on: June 08, 2024, 03:06:13 PM »

Well forgive me and anyone else who actually enjoyed the fact we won a game. Can see some light at the end of what for the last month in particular has been pitch black tunnel. Or is enjoying seeing the likes of Campbell, McAuliffe, Hugo, Lefau develop.

Sorry if that doesn't fit your ultra never-ending narrative of negativity and incessant bagging of nearly everything the Club does but we don't always get what we want do we?

I'll take the glass half full approach in this instance, you can continue down your path of negativity and misery because clearly you know no other way

:gotigers

Well said

All of us who disagree on certain players at times can at least put that on the backburner and simply enjoy a win sometimes

Go tiges
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: June 08, 2024, 03:43:10 PM »
:sleep :sleep :sleep
Oh God the irony. 😁

"Mr. Potatohead", Guardian/Age link, rinse, repeat...ironic indeed... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: June 09, 2024, 07:48:54 AM »
 :lol

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2024, 11:57:47 AM »
Summed it up Beautifully WP, if you don’t get enjoyment out of a win or improvements of any kind why bother 😁

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #224 on: June 11, 2024, 03:10:17 PM »
AFL Report Card

Foxsports
11 June 2024

RICHMOND

A spirited Richmond outfit staged an unexpected upset victory over the Crows on Thursday night at Adelaide Oval, resigning the Crows to further sorrow in a lost year. After going into half-time neck-and-neck, the Tigers booted five unanswered goals to begin the second half, taking a 22-point lead into the final change. Adem Yze’s young brigade didn’t look back from there, staving off a last-gasp Adelaide assault to win just their second game of the season.

In the votes

Noah Balta (20 disposals at 90 per cent efficiency, 12 marks, seven intercept possessions), Liam Baker (24 disposals, seven inside-50s), Jayden Short (31 disposals, game-high 704 metres gained). Tim Taranto recorded 26 disposals and 14 contested possessions in his return game. Noah Cumberland needed just four kicks to boot a team-high three goals but let himself down in the third quarter by reversing a shot at goal after an unnecessary act.

Room for improvement

The Tigers were -48 in the disposal count and -45 in uncontested possessions and often looked vulnerable against Adelaide’s transition movement from their defensive half. However, they were able to apply enough pressure to force the Crows into costly turnovers.

Grade

A

Source: Foxsports