Author Topic: Jake King [merged]  (Read 108354 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jake King [merged]
« Reply #255 on: September 04, 2010, 12:40:10 PM »
I thought Kingy was good all year.

Was in the situation Tuck and Jordy were in at the start of the year.

To me its obvious two of those three worked hard to prolong their AFL careers.

Good on them. One year is good for King.

Tuck, you might want to change your sig to Jack Riewoldt, Coleman and B&F winner 2010 :thumbsup
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

gerkin greg

« Reply #256 on: September 06, 2010, 02:43:52 PM »
One year is fair. The little idiot earned it.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »
Jake the Push-up King got back from Bali today. all aint well with his ribs.
Having op on wednesday it seems ;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2011, 11:27:22 AM »
Jake the push-up King is now on twitter

http://twitter.com/Thepushupking

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2011, 09:03:23 PM »
Jake on twitter tonight....

"For every one out there asking how many push ups I can do, my personal best is 356! I also ate 23 cheeseburgers once!! "

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #260 on: April 08, 2011, 01:55:50 AM »

His twitter account has been deleted for some reason.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: April 08, 2011, 08:50:12 AM »
May not have been jake.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #262 on: April 12, 2011, 01:57:31 PM »
Goal King
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
Tue 12 Apr, 2011

Jake King has become an important goalkicking weapon for Richmond since making the switch from defence to attack late last season.

King has kicked 16 goals in his last nine games and has had multiple goal hauls on six occasions.

So, not only is King applying his trademark pressure to the opposition in his role as a defensive forward, but he’s hitting the scoreboard, too, making him a particularly valuable member of the Tiger team.

Full article at:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/111431/default.aspx

10 FLAGS

« Reply #263 on: April 12, 2011, 07:50:59 PM »

he cant afford to be on twitter. he cant afford to be pushing angles like the push up king. Just play footy. I remember Relton Roberts making up all sorts of nicknames for himself ... should have just called himself maccas.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #264 on: April 12, 2011, 08:28:22 PM »

he cant afford to be on twitter. he cant afford to be pushing angles like the push up king. Just play footy. I remember Relton Roberts making up all sorts of nicknames for himself ... should have just called himself maccas.

Troy Taylor.

Too much facebook. Not enough footy training.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #265 on: April 25, 2011, 04:04:26 PM »
Another great game by Jake King.

3 goals plus he unselfishly gifted a goal to Shane Edwards.Lets not forget the desparate dive which resulted in a goal to Cotchin.

The "push up king" could finish the year with 30 + goals.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #266 on: April 26, 2011, 02:05:00 AM »
Mark Robbo interviews Jake King after the match

MR: You look exhausted.

JK: I'm buggered. Me and Pratty clashed heads. It was a tough game. Everyone went into the game thriving on hard-ball gets and so did the Kangaroos and it showed during the game. The bodies were flying.

MR: Seven goals to 2.8 in the final quarter.

JK: Was it? The boys get around and do their goalkicking and when we get it in there we don't want to let it out. And if we kick goals it saves me chasing the ball out, doesn't it?

MR: Your 3, 2 and 1 today?

JK: Oh gee, um, I thought Dusty was pretty dangerous.

MR: Martin had 33 and kicked four goals.

JK: There you go, there's your three. The kid does well. We asked our midfielders to step up and kick a couple of goals and if they want to kick goals, let them.

MR: How many years have you been at the club now?

JK: This is my fifth year.

MR: Martin the best youngster you've seen?

JK: It's amazing. I look at him and Trent (Cotchin), thier work-rate, their ability to use the ball under pressure is just amazing. I like being in the forward line when they've got the ball because even when you're out of position they still hit you on the chest. So you've got to love them.

MR: Three goals for you, you looked like KB there, streaming into goal.

JK: I've got a bit more hair than KB (laughing). Yeah, it's good down there and if I can keep the pressure on and kick some goals it's a good thing. But I thought I didn't start that well. I got a kick up the butt, and I must say I kept fighting.

MR: What did the coach say to you?

JK: Just our pressure. We weren't equalising numbers down there and it was coming out, so at half-time we went with another mindset, not offensive, just defensive all the way and goals would come if you did the hard work.

MR: How much of a buzz is it to still walk into the rooms and sing the song?

JK: The boys are unlucky and don't hear it all that often as yet, but in the future we'll hear it a lot more. It's a great theme song and everyone knows it, even if they don't barrack for the Tigers.

MR: What's your contract status?

JK: Out at the end of the year. But I take it a week at a time. I reckon you're in charge of your own future so as long as you go out each week, put your head over the ball and do the hard things, it should look after itself. The boys - Craig Cameron and Dimma - have already said they like me around and they said keep working, the time will come and we'll talk then. I would love to get another couple of years.

MR: What does it mean to you to play for Richmond Football Club?

JK: It's an amazing thing. Mum was more happy because it got me off the street and out of trouble than anything. For me, it was a massive turning point and it started with a bloke named Andrew Collins who coached me at Coburg. He got me in the twos, then Greg Miller approached me and got me to the club. Since then I haven't looked back. I absolutely love it.

MR: You feel you're the cult hero?

JK: I don't think so, I think people just love picking on me to tell you the truth. They say I'm short, but we've got three boys are the club shorter than me. Robbie (Nahas) is shorter than me, a fair bit actually, then there's Robbie Hicks and Axel (Nathan Foley) reckons he's got me, but Axel is shorter than me. I don't mind it when they bag the crap out of me.

MR: You've been in and out for a while, do you now feel a part of the senior team?

JK: My downfall was I was doing some stupid things, getting suspended, and Damien turned around and said, if that's the case you can play at Coburg. He put it on me, the boys did too, to find the line. Be aggressive but find the line because it's not doing any good me on the sidelines.

MR: Do you remember watching Hardwick play footy?

JK: Yeah, I do actually. A lot of people say Damien and myself have a fair bit in common and that's probably why we get along so well.

See: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tackle   bottom of the page
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:08:19 PM by WilliamPowell »
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #267 on: April 26, 2011, 08:11:36 AM »
JK: My downfall was I was doing some stupid things, getting suspended, and Damien turned around and said, if that's the case you can play at Coburg. He put it on me, the boys did too, to find the line. Be aggressive but find the line because it's not doing any good me on the sidelines.

I wonder if Dimma has said something similar to Jackson?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

TigerTimeII

« Reply #268 on: April 26, 2011, 08:13:17 AM »
JK: I don't think so, I think people just love picking on me to tell you the truth. They say I'm short, but we've got three boys are the club shorter than me. Robbie (Nahas) is shorter than me, a fair bit actually, then there's Robbie Hicks and Axel (Nathan Foley) reckons he's got me, but Axel is shorter than me. I don't mind it when they bag the crap out of me.

lol

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #269 on: April 26, 2011, 09:02:49 AM »
i luv watching kingy go at it, gives a bucket of sweat, I could tell dimma was going to luv him to :cheers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled