Author Topic: Jake King [merged]  (Read 107197 times)

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
Re: Jake King [merged]
« Reply #270 on: April 26, 2011, 09:19:57 AM »
JK: I don't think so, I think people just love picking on me to tell you the truth. They say I'm short, but we've got three boys are the club shorter than me. Robbie (Nahas) is shorter than me, a fair bit actually, then there's Robbie Hicks and Axel (Nathan Foley) reckons he's got me, but Axel is shorter than me. I don't mind it when they bag the crap out of me.

lol

Lucky he doesn't have red hair too.  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #271 on: April 26, 2011, 10:56:43 AM »
Mark Robbo interviews Jake King after the match

Link the source please Rodger

Done  ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:08:38 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #272 on: April 26, 2011, 11:30:11 AM »
JK: My downfall was I was doing some stupid things, getting suspended, and Damien turned around and said, if that's the case you can play at Coburg. He put it on me, the boys did too, to find the line. Be aggressive but find the line because it's not doing any good me on the sidelines.

I wonder if Dimma has said something similar to Jackson?

Needs to be said. Should be dropped from the leadership group as well.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #273 on: April 26, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »
Mark Robbo interviews Jake King after the match

Link the source please Rodger

Done  ;D

Good job
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #274 on: April 27, 2011, 11:11:43 PM »
MR: What's your contract status?

JK: Out at the end of the year. But I take it a week at a time. I reckon you're in charge of your own future so as long as you go out each week, put your head over the ball and do the hard things, it should look after itself. The boys - Craig Cameron and Dimma - have already said they like me around and they said keep working, the time will come and we'll talk then. I would love to get another couple of years.
Jake is one of Dimma's favourites but I would have him on one year contracts or two years with a heavy performance clause attached to getting the 2nd year. Kingy gives his all so he's a good example about work ethic to the others at the moment but he still wouldn't get a game in a top 4 side.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #275 on: April 28, 2011, 07:01:28 AM »
Jake is one of Dimma's favourites but I would have him on one year contracts or two years with a heavy performance clause attached to getting the 2nd year. Kingy gives his all so he's a good example about work ethic to the others at the moment but he still wouldn't get a game in a top 4 side.

I disagree, I could actually see Jake getting a game for the Pies to be honest, the way he plays with a team first mantality he'd slip right in very nicely indeed

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2011, 11:51:50 PM »

I disagree, I could actually see Jake getting a game for the Pies to be honest, the way he plays with a team first mantality he'd slip right in very nicely indeed
For mine I just couldn't see Jake get a game ahead of a Didak, Sidebottom, Blair, etc at the Pies as a small forward and he wouldn't have the class to rotate through their midfield. Like Krakouer kicking a couple of goals but having low possies each week (Kingy averages 8 disposals this year) isn't enough to keep a place in their side. IMO we need to upgrade on the likes of Kingy in the next 2-3 years if we are to move up the ladder. We need more classier players than the half a dozen we have now.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #277 on: April 29, 2011, 12:41:57 AM »
I could see King getting a game over Blair

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #278 on: April 29, 2011, 01:24:20 AM »
Blair is averaging almost 19 disposals per game to Kingy's 8 this year.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #279 on: April 29, 2011, 01:39:14 AM »
Blair is playing a pretty different role, more of a link man where King is playing as a defensive forward who is also kicking goals.
King is averaging about the same amount of goals and more tackles
Question is how much better King would be in a strong side like Collingwood rather than in a forward line at Richmond where the ball isn't going as much

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #280 on: April 29, 2011, 02:26:23 AM »
Blair is playing a pretty different role, more of a link man where King is playing as a defensive forward who is also kicking goals.
King is averaging about the same amount of goals and more tackles
Question is how much better King would be in a strong side like Collingwood rather than in a forward line at Richmond where the ball isn't going as much
Well I can't see Malthouse swapping Blair for Kingy in a direct comparison and that's ignoring that Jake is 6 years older.

http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/compare_players?tid1=104&pid1=2009125&year1=2011&tid2=112&pid2=2007112&year2=2011

I'm not meaning to pump up Blair as a footballer btw. My point is the Pies' arguably worst player in their premiership and best 22 is far better than Jake. I mean most here wanted to offload Kingy at the end of last season because he's VFL standard yet now after 4 games this year he's supposedly good enough to play for Collingwood  ???.

I know as supporters we are meant to support our players but IMV we as a Club have fallen in love with too many Kingy types in the past - triers yet still ordinary footballers who keep us as a bottom 8 side. Kingy is 27 year old; he's not a young player with natural improvement still left in him. What you see now and seen in recent past seasons is what you're always going to get and in truth that isn't going to make us a top 4 side. 27 year olds are meant to be your best players, your leaders, your 150-200+ game club champions - Kingy isn't any of those. I admire him personally for getting the best out of himself but my loyalty is to the Club and wanting it to finally become a successful team onfield and sorry I don't see the likes of Kingy being part of that team.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2011, 06:59:36 AM »

Exactly

If you are going ot use number of disposals MT, then Kingy would get a game ahead of Andy Krakouer based on Krak's game against us  ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2011, 07:50:52 AM »
There's  one stat that is of utmost importance for a forward...
Number of goals kicked!

I'll take a forward that averages 2 goals a week (44 a season) in heart beat, regardless of how many kicks he gets.

With king he is getting his two goals a week at this stage, but can also reduce the impact of enemy half backs, who are play makers in the modern game.

On his last 9-10 games he would hold his own in most teams, he just has to continue with his efforts.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2011, 05:12:51 AM »

Exactly

If you are going ot use number of disposals MT, then Kingy would get a game ahead of Andy Krakouer based on Krak's game against us  ;D

That's why Krak was dropped as his output was not good enough for the Pies (although I think Krak is back this weekend). I wouldn't want Krak back at Tigerland either.

Con65

« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2011, 08:11:21 AM »
i seriously doubt Kingy would get a game ahead of Blair.  It was only a few weeks ago Blair kicked 5 goals for the pies.  Kingy hasnt risen to that level yet.

As for Krak, he tore it up last year playing in the centre - the pies have put him back where he was playing at the tigers...a crumbing fwd.  His stats will always be a lot lower.  I would run him through the middle a bit (if his fitness is up to it).  Would I have King over Krak - it is a hard call but I would say no.  Kingy is competitive and brings a fair amount of intensity to his game that I dont think Krak does.  Krak clearly has better skills but Kingy's desire wins me over.

Go Kingy and tear it up tonight.