Author Topic: Jake King [merged]  (Read 107199 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jake King [merged]
« Reply #330 on: December 17, 2011, 08:08:31 PM »
Yeah, i like having players that make opposition supporters rupture a pooper valve when they do something good.

I really want a little forward, though, that constantly has the opposition supporter screaming wtf is playing on him!
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #331 on: March 26, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »
Push-up is 28 today  :birthday

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #332 on: May 19, 2012, 09:11:50 PM »
Jake cannot take on the Dons on one leg.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #333 on: May 19, 2012, 09:13:53 PM »
Has 2 touches to half time along with Miller.

Has no business on an AFL list.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2012, 09:16:54 PM »
Miller to the back half?  He's not doing too much good in the forward line.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2012, 10:51:56 PM »
How many times does this bloke hit the dirt for no reason at all :banghead Let's see: when he collects the ball, tackles an opponent, attempts to mark and handballs or kicks.....I think that should cover it ::)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2012, 10:54:19 PM »
If we are prepared to draft Ben Kennedy from Glenelg (I rate top 10) then we can get rid of King and Nahas. We wont get nothing for King but we may get something for Nahas. If we still get nothing for both the fact is if we replace two players who wont help us win a flag and can replace them with one talented mid who can play forward like Kennedy, we open up 1 more spot on the list to fill another need.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2012, 10:56:02 PM »
Miller to the back half?  He's not doing too much good in the forward line.
......surely you mean at Coburg.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #338 on: May 19, 2012, 11:59:57 PM »
How many times does this bloke hit the dirt for no reason at all :banghead Let's see: when he collects the ball, tackles an opponent, attempts to mark and handballs or kicks.....I think that should cover it ::)

what the fu..is with that.

i cant tell you how many times i counted him and Nahas falling to the ground or standing at the front of the back metres away from the contest.

Balls falls to the back and Bombers take it away.

We cant go on with these 2 in the same side,.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #339 on: May 20, 2012, 12:09:39 AM »
If we are prepared to draft Ben Kennedy from Glenelg (I rate top 10) then we can get rid of King and Nahas. We wont get nothing for King but we may get something for Nahas. If we still get nothing for both the fact is if we replace two players who wont help us win a flag and can replace them with one talented mid who can play forward like Kennedy, we open up 1 more spot on the list to fill another need.
:thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Tigermonk

« Reply #340 on: May 20, 2012, 01:19:53 AM »
How are the small forwards meant to react or how can they attack when you got a FF who is a complete dummy trying to take mark of the year. Get that dud out of the forward line  :banghead

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: May 20, 2012, 07:29:26 AM »
Maybe nanas and kingy need to stop wearing those boots. They both keep falling over in their pink boots
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

gerkin greg

« Reply #342 on: May 20, 2012, 11:59:25 AM »
Out King
In Arnot

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #343 on: May 20, 2012, 12:38:18 PM »
Problem with our small forwards is this

Jake is carrying and inj IMHO and his effect is useless.

Maric may turn out to be March Norm Smith Medallist.

Nahas tries to take too many players on and try and do too much.

Keep it simple and the results will come.

Our little blokes are not playing within their limitations and the fact that Jack is not competing and there is not as much spillage in the forward line means they are starving and when crumbs do fall our way it is not suited to the limitations of these players to do something positive with it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #344 on: May 26, 2012, 10:14:05 PM »
Pushing up
By Jennifer Witham
7:16 PM Sat 26 May, 2012

JAKE King sat on the floor in the Richmond rooms on Saturday night with ice bags soothing both hands and one ankle.

He still had the knee he injured in round two this year strapped, and looked like he was deciding which part of his body he should feel the most sorry for.

But, with a wide grin, he said the upset 62-point win over Hawthorn that had preceded his post-match treatment plan dulled all of the physical pain.

"It doesn’t matter how sore you pull up after the game; it's well worth it when the boys get over the line like that," King told AFL.com.au.

"We went into this game knowing we had to play four quarters, and credit to the boys - take your hat off - they played four quarters and more.

"That's what happens when you can get the four quarters together."

King was a prolific contributor in the first quarter with two late goals, which came in quick response to a dubious free kick paid against him that saw him slapped with a 50m penalty for abusing the umpire.

He added another in the third, and ended with the trio of majors and two goal assists.

He said while it was pleasing to bag his biggest goal haul since round nine last year, the assists - like his short handpass to Shane Tuck at the start of the third that steadied the Tigers after the Hawks got within three goals - were better.

"I enjoy it a lot more when you can get the ball to someone else and they get the goal and you can celebrate with them," he said.

"That's what footy's all about, when the mateship comes into it.

"As long as the boys are up and firing and we're putting pressure on in the forward line, we can get results on the board and I'm happy."

He also made his presence known in the second when Brent Guerra handed Shane Edwards a goal when he shoved the lightly framed midfielder over in the goal square.

King positioned himself behind Guerra while he manned the mark, and directed a few choice words at the defender.

"I think they were thank you and a bit more," King said.

"Eddy's a quiet kid and the blokes push him around … it's got me bent why they do it.

"For Shane to kick that goal, it was a massive booster, so why not? You give a bit of lip and you cop a bit back, it's all part of the game and a bit of fun."

King was expected to miss six weeks when he injured his knee against Collingwood, but was back to face Port Adelaide a month later.

His secret?

"Hard work, just keep pushing and tell the docs you're right," he said.

"The doc was pushing for a couple more but I wanted to get back out there.

"I don't like sitting on the sidelines watching.

"I think I've come back at a good time. We've got a few wins on the board and the boys are up and about so hopefully we can go forward with it."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/136943/default.aspx