Author Topic: Jake King [merged]  (Read 107168 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
The club that keeps giving.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jake King [merged]
« Reply #586 on: June 19, 2013, 07:06:17 AM »
Well done on the club resigning him

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jake King on SEN
« Reply #587 on: June 20, 2013, 01:11:30 PM »
AUDIO: Jake King chats with the Morning Glory boys about his contract extension and Richmond's team-orientated brand of footy.

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Jake-King/8313

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jake King on SEN
« Reply #588 on: June 20, 2013, 03:18:03 PM »
AUDIO: Jake King chats with the Morning Glory boys about his contract extension and Richmond's team-orientated brand of footy.

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Jake-King/8313

* I was meant to play one game – and that was at the best.  Now, to get another contract and come closer to the 100th game (he’ll play his 98th against the Western Bulldogs on Saturday night), it’s a little bit surreal. I still pinch myself.

* For me, I still look at it as if to say, well, if I don’t get a kick, I don’t do my role, and I don’t perform as the coach is saying, then we’ve got plenty of boys at Tigerland that will actually take my spot quite comfortably. I still think that I can improve.

* We have our leadership group, and I’m not part of that.  But I get asked a lot of questions and if ever the leadership group needs help, or Dimma and the other coaches, I do get approached a bit, and I’m more than happy to voice my opinion. I guess it’s because I try and be honest in most ways I can. You never want to say anything hurtful, but to be a better club and to have a successful team, pretty much you need to have these people challenging your teammates, and each other, every day, whether you’re at training or on game day.

* I get a fair bit of responsibility game day.  I look after our forward line with regards to structures and making sure the boys are doing the right thing, and our game plan and game style is running the right way. So there’s a bit of responsibility, but it’s always a good thing to have.

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-06-20/the-rise-and-rise-of-jake-king

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #589 on: June 23, 2013, 12:53:16 AM »
Kingy told Richo after the game that Dimma has told him if he gets into one more fight he'll get dropped. So that explains Kingy staying clear of the half-time siren melee. Mind you Kingy doesn't mind the old fashion jumper punch if it's one-on-one  ;D.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #590 on: June 23, 2013, 01:01:14 AM »
Plays his 100th against Nought. :thumbsup
Milestone game for us. Karma Skataboners. :thumbsup

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #591 on: June 23, 2013, 10:31:31 AM »
Adam Cooney is scared of him  ;D

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #592 on: June 23, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »

:lol bringing the whole family to this one, better bring some cans of cat food for the poor people in the locket end of ground
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Gigantor

« Reply #593 on: June 23, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »
Don't think Kingy sleeps with the light on

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #594 on: June 23, 2013, 11:06:37 AM »
Cooney was terrified of him. He was completely outmuscled by King.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #595 on: June 23, 2013, 11:23:47 AM »
See the fear in Coondawgs eyes. He did not want to be there.

tony_montana

« Reply #596 on: June 23, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »
Kingy told Richo after the game that Dimma has told him if he gets into one more fight he'll get dropped. So that explains Kingy staying clear of the half-time siren melee. Mind you Kingy doesn't mind the old fashion jumper punch if it's one-on-one  ;D.

Pretty sure dimma said he sent the runner out to tell kingy if he gets into one more fight he's not playing next week - kingy then had a fight with the trainer  :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #597 on: June 23, 2013, 01:21:58 PM »

:lol bringing the whole family to this one, better bring some cans of cat food for the poor people in the locket end of ground

I have a cat and she would appreciate me to Fred her.
All three Nought supporters holding up that Roo Bewdy banner can fight the gulls over the disused mustard and sauce containers from my hot dogs. That should keep  all three of them distracted for the entire 120 minutes before they trudge off post match back into the sewers.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #598 on: July 21, 2013, 03:58:25 PM »
Jake King's goal was sensational today. JB would've wet himself. He took 18 steps and took on 2 players!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #599 on: July 21, 2013, 04:48:40 PM »

I have a cat and she would appreciate me to Fred her.
All three Nought supporters holding up that Roo Bewdy banner can fight the gulls over the disused mustard and sauce containers from my hot dogs. That should keep  all three of them distracted for the entire 120 minutes before they trudge off post match back into the sewers.

I hope "Fred" isn't like "Rodger"
Caracella and Balmey.