Author Topic: Motivating the Tigers of ‘77 (RFC site)  (Read 806 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Motivating the Tigers of ‘77 (RFC site)
« on: January 08, 2007, 03:14:15 PM »
Motivating the Tigers of ‘77
11:43:58 AM Mon 8 January, 2007
richmondfc.com.au

Late in the 1977 season, ‘The National Times’ commissioned a special report on how the top VFL teams of the day prepared themselves psychologically, as well as physically, for their weekly on-field showdown with the opposition. Reporter Laurie Clancy monitored the Tigers’ intense preparation for a critical match. Here, in full, is his fascinating insight . . .

Full article at: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=310219

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Motivating the Tigers of ‘77 (RFC site)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 04:15:40 PM »
The billboard outside Punt Road read, "The Tigers are revin' in '77". (2nd worst in my memory but waaaayyy behind "Richmond is my family, Punt Road is my home".  :-[;D

The recruiters got good youngsters. Lee, Weightman, Tempany, Roach, to name a few.

Liked Barry Richardson as a player, especially in the '74 GF. As a coach - I liked him when he played. ;D Nice bloke, lost me when he walked out to address the players on a wet day with an umbrella though. :-\
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Motivating the Tigers of ‘77 (RFC site)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 05:57:45 PM »
Tonight, Richardson has arranged a special event. Herb Elliott has been flown in from Perth to talk to the players about dedication and will-to-win.

De ja vu with Craig Mottram.

The club is fond of getting sporting celebrities to speak. Rodney Marsh and Dennis Lillee, both Tiger fans, spent their day off during the Centenary Test at Richmond.

WP has the newspaper pics of Marsh and Lillee wearing Richmond guernseys  :thumbsup

lost me when he walked out to address the players on a wet day with an umbrella though. :-\

LOL

We're in this together lads  :nope
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd