Author Topic: Australian Idol  (Read 27057 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Australian Idol
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2004, 08:07:56 AM »
Well Emelia got the flick with Marty yet again in the bottom 2 and surprise Casey was in the bottom 3.  Is there a hint of romance between Chanel and Daniel or is it all just for the cameras?

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2004, 07:53:23 AM »
Last night was Ido's choice.  Courtenay and Daniel got a hard time from the judges.  Ricki-Lee yet again proved what a capital act she is but still no touchdown from Mark.  Hayley and Casey both did George songs with Hayley concentrating too hard and Casey copping the first touchdown from Mark.  Marty again was weak - he'll be gone by tonight.  I personally thought Chanel wasn't too good, as did Marcia but both Mark and Dicko loved it.  Anthony was the best for the night showing how versatile he is.  I thought he really showed Daniel up in the big voice area.  Stay tuned for tonight's live verdict.

froars

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2004, 08:14:45 AM »
I thought Chanel was ok - nothing specutacular though.  Anthony was good.  Courtney was good, just a pee-poor song.
Agree, Marty probably will go, but I'd like to see Hayley get it.  Both seem to be just making up the numbers.
Anthony and Ricki-Lee best last night - hard to split!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2004, 08:48:42 PM »
Well I'm shocked :gobdrop

I definitely thought it would be either Marty or Hayley but no it was Daniel :'(

froars

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2004, 08:50:24 PM »
Not shocked - could have been any one of the three - Chanel got a nice reality check !

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2004, 08:52:58 PM »
I had a feeling Chanel would be in the bottom 3 but not Daniel.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2004, 09:08:41 PM »
Thought Chanel was gone for sure. Daniel can actually sing although he came across as a bit of a smartalec. Idol version 2's Millsy. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2004, 07:43:54 AM »
Well the Beatles night was full of contraversy.  Four of the seven finalists forgot words - 3 of them managed to hide it a bit (but for any die-hard Beatles fan it was obvious) and Casey was very obvious.  Even Ricki-Lee had a bit of trouble and Dicko was very critical of her boppy version of "We Can Work It Out" (it wasn't bad considering I don't particularly like the song).  Chanel did a great version of "Across the Universe" (another song I don't particularly like) but Anthony's "I Saw Her Standing There" was overdone.  Marty was a surprise with his version of "Oh, Darling!" - I thought "Helter Skelter" would have been good for him or even "I Am The Walrus" (I am the egg-man!).  Casey did the Zoot version of "Elinor Rigby" and got lost in the music (when she wasn't forgetting the words).  Hayley did a good version of "Yesterday" and I thought Courtenay was pretty good with "Got To Get You Into My Life" - except when he too stumbled over the words and there was a bit of an embarrassing refrain in the music as John Foreman tried to cover it up.

The highlight of the night was the big squabble between Dicko and Marcia with Dicko losing patience with Marcia who kept interrupting him.

Bring on the live verdict!!!

Ox

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2004, 11:55:10 AM »
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO@The standard of talent on Aussie idol compared to US idol.

There'e one of those fukkers on every street corner in the states.

LMOOOOOOOOOO@Young talent idol.

LMAOOOOOOOOOO@Watching clueless people functioning on ego and the word of their friends and family.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO@The fatty who works up a sweat by the first chorus.

LMAOOOO@The little wop that always smiles.

LMAOOOOOO@Guy Sebastian

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2004, 08:43:45 PM »
The Australian public are a bunch of imbeciles.  How can Ricki-Lee be worse than Marty is beyond me :gobdrop  I half expected Chanel to go or Marty.  I just hope that Dicko still gives Ricki-Lee a recording contract.

Not happy Jan >:(

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2004, 11:17:19 PM »
The Australian public actually got it right, If you look at how the voting is going there being judged on that one performance which is what they should be judged on, not on past performances which is what all the ho ha is about, she butchered the song and paid the price.

It's time to go................................Ricki Lee. I'm not sad at all, I'm very happy. The type of singer she is you can get a dime a dozen, no originality.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2004, 02:50:03 PM »
where as a complete album from Chanel would be *YAWWWWN*

boring.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2004, 05:45:55 PM »
where as a complete album from Chanel would be *YAWWWWN*

boring.

Exactly, she won't last either :thumbsup
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

froars

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2004, 05:48:16 PM »
They're all pretty ordinary - although i like Courtney (or was that Ricky May lol)

Ox

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2004, 01:48:13 PM »
Fair dinkum.

Im gonna go out on a ledge here by saying that of all the contestants thus far,
Courtney the transvestite had most "star quality"

Everyone else is like a whipped dog too frightened to say boo.

LMAOOOO"Thanx for the criticism dicko" - LMAOOOOO.

This is the deal.

Anyone who receives x amount of media xposure via Australian idol directly or indirectly is basically owned by BMG wether they become a finalist or not.

The singers are sent overseas to work with writers and producers that write formulated "hit" songs and more often than not
are yet to experience chart success.
The songs are credited as co-writes but the artist will find that he or she will only receive 10-20% of the writing royalties
which isn't a bad deal considering all they really do is think of words to rhyme with whatever the chief writer has alredy
penned.

eg this is the first line of the song,

Baby it's been a long time
Since u went to heaven
I Been married six times
Now im going for number ______

What will happen here is the producer/writer will say,"hmmmmmm,I dunno what to say here"
and after some serious thought the act,in a shaky,mouse like murmer will pose the question. "...........seven ? ? ?"

Bang -writing credit.
Over the last 20 years the influence of stevie wonder on vocalising and Quincy Jones on pop arrangements has been far-reaching and everlasting.
Now everyone is trying to be Black.
ADVICE -MOVE ON!

At the end of the day Rock n Roll is king.
Its the attitude that one speaks of when refering to the rock n roll thing,the type of attitude that none of the soft cox on idol posess.They need to get a drug problem for afew years,battle with addictions,catch STDs and urinate down aisles of aeroplanes before they
can get serious about their careers.
Until such a time as these pre-requisites are met you will be subjected to more of the camp musical arrangements,more of the Cabaret strutting and even more of the egotistical dominance by dicko and holden.

Enjoy the program. :thumbsup

Ox

« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 02:04:29 PM by Ox »