Author Topic: What changes for the Roos game?  (Read 2028 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
What changes for the Roos game?
« on: July 02, 2007, 05:31:54 AM »
What changes should we make for the Roos game on Sunday?

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: What changes for the Roos game?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 08:16:53 AM »
Making sure we get the match-ups correct.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 01:50:35 PM »
if krak is fit, he should come in for white

if petts gets suspended, jack must surely get the gig, but you never know they may give KK the job seeming though they seem to be grooming jack down back atm

kk may have a field day with richo and brwony taking on the best defenders

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 02:39:44 PM »
Whitey and IMHO Howat both need a run back in the 2nds.

Krak if fit and Jack should come in.

And with Jack, I think they are trying to groom him into a versatile tall (ala Whitnall or Lucas). A player who will probably play predominately up forward but can swing back as an option if need be. Kinda like a reverse Adam Hunter  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 05:17:40 PM »
I would love for Jack to get another go but I've got a funny feeling Kel Moore might get a run along with Krak.

Out: Hyde, White
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 07:00:37 PM »
Club is kidding if they play Moore, he is finished.

I would play Jack and Harts

Out would be Howat and either Hyde or White.

Think White gets a rough deal though, never gets enough ground time and he can break the lines with his pace which should suit our talked about "Run and Carry" game plan.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 07:09:04 PM »
disagree with you bull re Moore.

Was not a fan but seen him a couple of times this year and he is a class above VFL.

He is athletic (apparently faster than Lids), a strong mark, reasonable kick and versatile.

He just cannot carry his form into the AFL.

Should be kept as depth IMHO

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 07:24:49 PM »
i agree bluey

harts is a problem

whit im not a fan of, we have foley and king in our team who i rate above white, having white in makes us too too short

howat had a good game 4 us i reckon and is a better player that white and harts

moore will be a good player, seen him a few time for the burgers and looks better than mguane imo

hyde is the other worry, love the guy, has great heart and work ethic, better than ave skills, can kick goals but just seems to be lacking something and seems to run on the spot alot, but hey , he is still better than our captain and tivendale

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 07:28:26 PM »
great minds think a like X  ;) , I am not a great fan of Whitey as well

He is a goer, but isn't clean enough below his knees, kicking is 50-50 and does not do enough damage with the limited possessions he does get. Not helped by the fact he gets little game time, but I have doubts on his future.

Harts looks a good VFL player, love his aggression but his future looks doubtful as well.

Hyde is struggling with consistency. Like you said has better than average almost everything and would be handy as a 5th or 6th midfielder.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 07:37:51 PM »
Jack deserves another chance this week.

PEts is safe as he's been offered a reprimand :clapping

Hyde needs a run at Coburg. White needs a run at the Burger only because he isn't getting any game time in the seniors. Howat - well I thoughthe was lucky to survive against the Saints.

Outs: Hyde, White and Howat

Ins: Reiwoldt, Hartigan (deserves a go had 4 consistent weeks at Coburg) and Krak if he is fit
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MikeetIGER

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 09:17:54 PM »

Think White gets a rough deal though, never gets enough ground time and he can break the lines with his pace which should suit our talked about "Run and Carry" game plan.

Agree on White.  Have seen some really good signs with him.  Doesn't get enough game-time.  Needs much more time out on the ground.  He's agressive, very quick, and a very nice kick.  Runs the lines very well and has great endurance.  Would be stupid to drop him.  Even though Howat got alot of the ball and played alright, he is not the long-term future and just isn't damaging enough.  A dime a dozen type player.  Not very quick, relies on his left way too much.  A good VFL player. Hartigan has had no luck with injuries and has played well in the last month at Coburg.  He deserves a call-up if his body is right (heard someone say he also has a chronic groin prob?). 

GO TIGES!!! 

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 09:28:05 PM »

Agree on White.  Have seen some really good signs with him.  Doesn't get enough game-time.  Needs much more time out on the ground.  He's agressive, very quick, and a very nice kick.  Runs the lines very well and has great endurance.  Would be stupid to drop him.  Even though Howat got alot of the ball and played alright, he is not the long-term future and just isn't damaging enough.  A dime a dozen type player.  Not very quick, relies on his left way too much.  A good VFL player. Hartigan has had no luck with injuries and has played well in the last month at Coburg.  He deserves a call-up if his body is right (heard someone say he also has a chronic groin prob?). 

GO TIGES!!! 

not to sure where you got that from

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 10:41:25 PM »
Pretty much why I've got a feeling Moore will play this week. The Kangas forward line would provide a match-up for his size. He's injury-free for once and in good form at Coburg so might as well say here is your last chance Kel. Same goes with Harts and other 3-5 year Tigers at Coburg in the upcoming weeks.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 02:55:48 PM »
I would love for Jack to get another go but I've got a funny feeling Kel Moore might get a run along with Krak.

I had Hyde out dropped but as mentioned in the training thread he may be forced out anyway with a leg/knee injury he copped today at training.

Richo also looked proppy with his ankle but I was told by another supporter that apparently the papers said he twisted his ankle towards the end of the Saints game yet he should be okay by Sunday.

Krak won't play either as he isn't over his ankle injury so I hope they bring in Jack. 

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 03:03:17 PM »

Richo also looked proppy with his ankle but I was told by another supporter that apparently the papers said he twisted his ankle towards the end of the Saints game yet he should be okay by Sunday.

richo twisted his ankle underneath him when dal santo tackled him in the last q