Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 401345 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2007, 07:29:48 PM »
mt is on an almighty chubby!
 :thumbsup

his boy is a tiger!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2007, 08:26:46 PM »

his boy is a tiger!

wo wo wo there X

cotchin is as much my boy as he is MT's  ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2007, 09:02:58 PM »

his boy is a tiger!

wo wo wo there X

Yep the converting has been a team effort bluey  :thumbsup :lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2007, 09:27:17 PM »

his boy is a tiger!

wo wo wo there X

Yep the converting has been a team effort bluey  :thumbsup :lol

always a pleasure working with you MT  :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2007, 10:39:01 PM »
I am happier after this than any draft in years.

This kid is an absolute gun.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2007, 04:12:31 AM »
Junior teammates, then friends, now rivals
Steve Butler | November 26, 2007 | The Age

IT WAS on this balcony on a July day six years ago that a deep football friendship was born and two families dared to dream.

Matthew Kreuzer and Trent Cotchin were barely blips on the AFL radar when they met in 2001 as teammates in Victoria's under-12 team for a carnival at Albury.

But on Saturday, they were officially stamped as football's hottest new talents when the two close mates were snapped up at the head of the 2007 AFL draft.

Yesterday their respective fathers, Frank and Peter, sat on the same front balcony at the Cotchin family farm in Wollert, on Melbourne's northern fringe, as they did on the day the Albury carnival finished all those years ago.

Their joint dream has grown stronger with each successive representative team selection.

The lofty Kreuzers are the physical opposites of the more stocky Cotchins. The two boys are separated in age by almost a year, but their friendship is seamless, their will to achieve flawless and the earthy attitudes of their families a perfect foundation.

Peter Cotchin said that fateful meeting on his front porch would never be forgotten as both families settled in yesterday for the sporting ride of their lives.

"We struck up our friendship up at Albury because we were on a bit of common ground, I suppose," he recalled.

"When we came back we stood on this veranda and Frank just said to me, 'Mate, how good would it be if both of our kids played AFL one day?' I told him there was a long way to go yet, but yesterday was the day.

"It's been an unbelievable journey and an enjoyable journey, but as the boys got older it got pretty serious and it was hard watching them get tagged every week to try and shut them down.

"Everyone thinks their kid is the best kid going around, a lot of the parents don't talk any more and it's almost like a dog-eat-dog thing.

"There's nothing you can do as a parent apart from sit back and enjoy the ride and our friendship has been great."

The two families had partied apart into the early hours of yesterday morning, but were still buzzing when they came together just a few hours later when coffees were immediately followed by a beer.

But Kreuzer snr said the reality of their draft dream was still hazy, particularly as the 2008 season kicks off at the MCG on March 20 in a match between the two teams who selected their sons.

"The first thing Peter said to me was 'first game next year is Carlton and Richmond — your boy touches my boy, look out'," he laughed.

"When we got home from Telstra Dome on Saturday we were still asking ourselves whether it had really happened.

"We're just stoked and our feet haven't really touched the ground yet."

Both draftees were yesterday keeping a humble lid on their lot as the reality of their careers beckoned.

But Kreuzer revealed his clearly competitive streak when asked about an AFL debut that might be as early as round one.

"We've both got to try and get a game first and we'll see what happens. It will be weird, but if the ball's there, the ball's there and I'll be getting it," he said.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/junior-teammates-now-rivals/2007/11/25/1195975870019.html

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2007, 08:24:52 AM »

his boy is a tiger!

wo wo wo there X

deledio will be shattered, he thought he was ur only boy! :lol

if he has a bad season nect yr, we will know why   ;D

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2007, 01:04:46 PM »

his boy is a tiger!

wo wo wo there X

deledio will be shattered, he thought he was ur only boy! :lol

if he has a bad season nect yr, we will know why   ;D

i still love lids X  ;) :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2007, 02:51:48 PM »
Lids, Cotchin, Foley, Blingers, Polo, Connors and hopefully Cogs .... The makings of a strong midfield in the next few years :thumbsup
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2007, 03:07:02 PM »
IMO reckon that Foley, Cogs and Richie will make up our starting centre square players. Cotchin and Edwards to play off wings with Lids playing probably off the HFF

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2007, 06:53:12 PM »
LOWDOWN ON THE TIGERS' 2008 RECRUITS
RFC email

TRENT COTCHIN: Draft pick No 2

Recruited from: Northern Knights/Essendon Grammar
Born: 7/04/90
Height: 185cm
Weight: 79.5kg

Could easily have been the No. 1 pick in this year's National Draft, and the Tigers were absolutely delighted to grab him at No. 2.  Exciting, versatile, medium-sized midfielder, capable of influencing games with his ball-winning ability, explosive pace and superb disposal.  Has an excellent understanding of the game and is a quality decision-maker.  A penetrating kick, who has rare ball skills on both sides of his body.  Dominated with 37 possessions in the Northern Knights' 2007 qualifying final against Gippsland.  Possesses fine composure and a maturity far beyond his years.  An outstanding prospect, who seems set to thrill the Yellow
and Black faithful for many years.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2007, 07:31:36 PM »
Lids, Cotchin, Foley, Blingers, Polo, Connors and hopefully Cogs .... The makings of a strong midfield in the next few years :thumbsup

Looks fantastic on paper hopefully it can be replicated on the ground.
I have not been this optimistic for ages.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2007, 04:05:04 AM »
The Age just a couple of weeks behind  :wallywink

----------------------------------
Tigers' No. 1 hope gets coveted No. 9
Geoff McClure
December 11, 2007

WE HAVE already seen Essendon's Brent Stanton unveiled as the man given the monumental task of wearing the No. 5 made famous by the recently retired Bomber champion James Hird, Andrejs Everitt get Chris Grant's No. 3 at the Western Bulldogs and Michael Firrito given the honour of donning the Kangaroo No. 11 worn by Shinboner of the Century Glenn Archer.

Now standby for another huge announcement regarding famous AFL guernsey numbers. As an indication of the big wraps that Richmond has on its prized recruit, No. 2 draft pick Trent Cotchin, the Tigers will bestow him with the honour of donning its No. 9 jumper, which has been in mothballs since its former captain and four-times best-and-fairest player Wayne Campbell retired at the end of 2005.

And it truly is an honour. Apart from 2004 when he wore No. 17 as part of a decision that the Tigers' captain should carry that number as a tribute to club legend Jack Dyer, and his debut year in 1991 when he wore 46, Campbell wore No. 9 for 266 games over 13 seasons, a record at the time for that number jumper at any AFL club (although it has since been bettered by Hawthorn star Shane Crawford).

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/tigers-no-1-hope-gets-coveted-no-9/2007/12/10/1197135375642.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2008, 08:41:32 PM »
Trent Cotchin got through half a game today in the Coburg Reserves.

He started on the ball and was switching between the ball, forward and then onto the bench for two qtrs.

He looks a very likely player showed a great footy brain and also some great skills in the half he played.

Trent said that he felt great and wanted to play more but he wasnt allowed to (Coditioning staff orders)

The next few weeks should be very exciting as he starts stepping it up.

If your not busy next Saturday it will be worth the drive to Port Melbourne to see him play.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2008, 08:46:49 PM »
Thanks TFL. Hopefully he will pull up fine and be right for next week.