Author Topic: Federal Election  (Read 41602 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Federal Election
« Reply #285 on: August 27, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »
Just in from AEC
Gerkin Greg has won the seat of Goblin Town
He'll be doing a duet of Islands in the Stream with Bobby Katter late this afternoon
Afterwards he'll stop talking in the third person and have an Ultimate Whopper

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #286 on: August 27, 2010, 11:49:34 AM »
Quick get the needle! :-\

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #287 on: August 27, 2010, 12:23:40 PM »
Ur Jerkin the Gerkin! Right?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »
That fielding only got in on labor prefs too the rotten bastard, it was some ridiculous spiteful spat with the greens on prefs, the Greens lost that little battle but won the war, Labor needs them, the Greens couldn't care less .  They have kissed and made up since but looks like this nasty religious zealot has forgotten just how he got his seat. Labor abandoned its traditional supporter base by moving further and further right.  They forgot just who created them.  Both sides are going to lose punters on the outer reaches.  The Greens surge is no accident, most of the old Democrats that weren't into selling out like old Meg went over to them, they are providing the best option at the moment for lefties or those concerned with their major issues, and they are only getting stronger.  I love it personally, Make the bastards work for it on both sides, no easy rides any more, make em get into bed with other parties so that their voters are represented too, not just steal their votes and ignore them.  The libs have to rely on national votes or they would be completely irrelevant.  Labor is going to end up the same way.  I like the fact that a lot of independants' right or left, are that way because they made a moral stand against the BS and now they are getting a chance to flex a bit.  Kudos.
Lots of people name their swords......

gerkin greg

« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2010, 09:41:48 PM »
thread needs more stott despoja

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #290 on: August 28, 2010, 07:52:47 PM »
Fielding is an idiot and an attention seeker  ::).

Wilkie wants betting limits placed on pokies as a condition for his support. He might gets both parties at Federal level interested but good luck turning it into practice with State Governments relying on gaming as a revenue stream.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #291 on: August 28, 2010, 09:25:08 PM »
That fielding only got in on labor prefs too the rotten bastard,

Was it ALP or DLP preferences? I recall DLP preferences were important. DLP is closer to the hard right of the Liberal party than the Labor party these days.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #292 on: August 29, 2010, 09:53:25 AM »
Labor.  They were peeed off at the Greens.  There was a school of thought in Labor to start attacking the Greens as the enemy as they were pulling traditional Labor voters away.  State labor in Victoria is still doing it.  Ill get the full story off of the missus.  The DLP are an old Catholic party that got wiped out during a double dissolution.  They used to have some pull federally a long time ago, they are making a small come back again but they will never be anything much, to narrow band.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #293 on: August 30, 2010, 05:45:46 PM »
Fielding only got 55k primary votes when the quota for the Senate seat was 428k. After all the preferences were distributed he ended up with 540k votes :P. It took 285 preference distribution counts for him to reach the quota. By the 263rd preference distribution count Fielding still only had 110k votes. It came down to a battle between Fielding and the Greens' Risstrom and virtually all of the Libs for Forests, Democrats, DLP and finally ALP preferences went to Fielding so he got in.

http://results.aec.gov.au/12246/results/External/SenateStateDop-12246-VIC.pdf

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #294 on: August 31, 2010, 09:24:26 AM »
As I thought.  Ridiculous that this "unrepresentative swill"* got in as a senator and held everyone to ransom and is even now threatening to be a destructive influence in his dying days.  Libs for forests ROFL what a feed of horsesh!t they were.  Libs for Forests for woodchips for Japanese toilet paper more like it.

*Paul Keating regarding the Family First Party

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #295 on: August 31, 2010, 03:51:51 PM »
The Libs hit the front in the total two-party preferred vote this morning so Abbott comes out and claims he's no longer the opposition. The vote then swings back with the ALP now 3000 votes in front and Abbott has gone quiet  :wallywink.

At Tues, 3.30pm

Australian Labor Party      5,414,648    50.01%
Liberal/National Coalition   5,411,529    49.99%

Amazing how there's only 3000 difference from a voting population of 14 million (81.5% ttp counted). Reminds
 me of the old Goodies episode where Tim and Bill tied as PM and they had to play "It's a Knockout" style game against the other leaders of the world with one leg tied to the other three-legged style. Maybe Julia and Tony need to do the same for the next 3 years  ;D.

gerkin greg

« Reply #296 on: September 01, 2010, 11:25:53 AM »
Hahaha that was a gold episode, Can't remember who Graeme voted for?
Anyway I like the idea MT but instead of tying Jules and Tone together they should be sewn together Human Centipede style.

FNM

« Reply #297 on: September 01, 2010, 11:28:20 AM »
The Libs hit the front in the total two-party preferred vote this morning so Abbott comes out and claims he's no longer the opposition. The vote then swings back with the ALP now 3000 votes in front and Abbott has gone quiet  :wallywink.

At Tues, 3.30pm

Australian Labor Party      5,414,648    50.01%
Liberal/National Coalition   5,411,529    49.99%

Amazing how there's only 3000 difference from a voting population of 14 million (81.5% ttp counted). Reminds
 me of the old Goodies episode where Tim and Bill tied as PM and they had to play "It's a Knockout" style game against the other leaders of the world with one leg tied to the other three-legged style. Maybe Julia and Tony need to do the same for the next 3 years  ;D.
Where would the Libs be without the Nats?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #298 on: September 01, 2010, 01:14:54 PM »
Where would the Libs be without the Nats?

If Ma Powell was around her answer would be:

"Where they are now; NOWHERE"  :rollin :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #299 on: September 01, 2010, 01:22:46 PM »
who cares :gotigers