Author Topic: Federal Election  (Read 41715 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Federal Election
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2010, 09:43:42 AM »
Coalition in election winning lead in latest poll.

Shouldn't take much notice at polls... a small sample of people out of millions

Last federal election the polls said it would be close, a knife edge result and it ended up being a one sided result

Would think it isn't over by a long way yet

not looking good for Julia. If i was a betting man id say she is gone for all money

She has lost the support in major states of NSW and QLD but gains in her home state of Vic and SA

2011 will bring work choices back on the agenda and we will have to put up with Howard Mark 2 for the next decade.

That Abbott is a c... of a human being and the thought of him leading the country is enough to make me  :chuck 
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2010, 06:26:46 PM »
not looking good for Julia. If i was a betting man id say she is gone for all money

She has lost the support in major states of NSW and QLD but gains in her home state of Vic and SA

That Abbott is a cow of a human being and the thought of him leading the country is enough to make me  :chuck 

The election will be won or lost in QLD IMHO - the number one swinging; flip/flop state in the country  ;D

I don't pay much attention to polls and I still think Labor is a show it will depend on how Julia campaigns next week

Tony did himself damage today with some of his comments.... goodness the bloke is a goose. Yesterday he said if they won the election UMMMMMMMMM he had idea when they'd get the budget back into surplus and now today he said UMMMMM it will be back in surplus in UMMMM 2012-2013. No wonder he doesn't want to debate Julia on the enonomy = clueless. Then today he refers to the current govt as the UMMM former govt.. UMM I mean current govt

And daniel I do agree with your last statement (edited of course  ;D)

As I said the choice isn't great but it is pretty clear from where i am sitting 
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2010, 08:19:06 PM »

That Abbott is a cow of a human being and the thought of him leading the country is enough to make me  :chuck 

The election will be won or lost in QLD IMHO - the number one swinging; flip/flop state in the country  ;D

I don't pay much attention to polls and I still think Labor is a show it will depend on how Julia campaigns next week

Tony did himself damage today with some of his comments.... goodness the bloke is a goose. Yesterday he said if they won the election UMMMMMMMMM he had idea when they'd get the budget back into surplus and now today he said UMMMMM it will be back in surplus in UMMMM 2012-2013. No wonder he doesn't want to debate Julia on the enonomy = clueless. Then today he refers to the current govt as the UMMM former govt.. UMM I mean current govt

And daniel I do agree with your last statement (edited of course  ;D)

As I said the choice isn't great but it is pretty clear from where i am sitting 

You see why dont labour come out on the front foot and attack that prick for his comments today.

when she opens her mouth. e.g calling for a second debate the Libs were quick to attack the parties credibility saying they are scared, they are desperate. etc etc

I just hope Swan nails Hockey to the wall Monday night and shows Hockey up for the obese fraud that he is for i see that as labour's only hope to hold power.

WP forget QLD they are gone, they want change for what Labour did to Rudd, their home grown boy.

Labour's only hope is to gain more seats in Victoria and S.A which i heard tonight is on the cards.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2010, 08:33:12 PM »
WP forget QLD they are gone, they want change for what Labour did to Rudd, their home grown boy.

Labour's only hope is to gain more seats in Victoria and S.A which i heard tonight is on the cards.

Sydney marginals are the others ones they need to go after IMHO as well an ensuring they retain & claim a couple of marginals in Vic. First one I'd love to see them get is Fran Bailey's seat... cannot stand that sooky sooky la-la  ;D

IIRC The Libs/Nats need 13 seats to claim a win - I don't think they will get that in Qld but will get a few. NSW is the next battle ground.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2010, 10:58:45 PM »
Daniel and WP,

If I was to ask you both which player would you prefer if you had to choose one, what would be the overiding criteria for you?

Wouldn't you look at they're performance history?

I would stack up Abbotts history against Gillards any day of the week.

On the issue of the economy.  Well there is only one of the two that have an economics
degree and it ain't Julia she studied law and we all know what lawyers are good at.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:42:27 AM by Mr Tigra »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2010, 11:14:00 PM »
The thing about Labor is if you vote for Jullia, there is no guarantee she will be in the job in 12 or 24 months time.

However, the way she is going, that might encourage me to vote for them.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2010, 11:16:35 PM »
On workchoices.

He stated that work choices is dead, buried and cremated.
Well I listened to that interview on 3AW and he then signed a contract with Neil on radio because they kept asking the same questions over and over.
Then he was asked specificaly by a caller about the rights of junior workers and how it's unfair the labour goverment changed the legistlation on how many hours minimum that they can work.
He then stated that there are many areas of legislation that can be considered or changed if they are unfair.
Then he went on to say that BUT on the issue of workchoices we ( the liberal party ) have considered the voice of the people in 2007 and we have heard it loud and clear.... Workchoices is dead.

The fact is that he apposed workchoices when the Howard goverment proposed it. Fact.
I think this fella is unfairly critisised. 

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2010, 11:27:59 PM »
On Julia "moving forward" Gillard.

Moving forward from what ???????

The mistakes and waste of the past 3 years??
Now I'm not saying that their ideas werernt good ones but the implementation and waste of tax payer Money is a crime.
It is plain to see that this goverment isn't capable.
Are we supposed to believe that Kevin 07 was a one man band. The fella wasn't even in the country half the time.
Are we all supposed to believe that Julia had no say in BER, pink batts, etc.
Give me a break.
Then she tries to sell us a heap of bull when telling us she is a economic consevative and she likes to makes checks and balances when considering policy.
What a load of crap??? Where was her voice in all of the stuff ups and money wasting. She is cleary the biggest Charlatan in politics.
Now we will see the real Julia..... What a joke.  Who have we been seeing all this time????????

Labour governments at state level have a history of axing the elected leader of the party and making a female lead when the polls say they are on the ropes or when they have completly stuffed up.  
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:46:26 PM by Mr Tigra »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2010, 07:09:12 AM »
Daniel and WP,

If I was to ask you both which player would you prefer if you had to choose one, what would be the overiding criteria for you?

Wouldn't you look at they're performance history?

I would stack up Abbotts history against Gillards any day of the week.

On the issue of the economy.  Well there is only one of the two that have an economics
degree and it ain't Julia she studied law and we all know what lawyers are good at.

You know Mr Tigra you are right.... and guess what I have looked at their performance history and it's Abbott's performance that has me against him....

His constant "foot in mouth" is enough to make ones skin crawl.... His stupid flippant "no means no" comment (when discussing the debate) the other day was cringeworthy...

When he was Health Minister what did he do exactly? We had (and still do) a system in a mess and what did he do to fix it?

Regarding "workchoices"? You honestly believe its dead because he scribbled it on a piece of paper? This from the same man who said earlier this year in another "foot in mouth" moment that pollies don't tell the truth all the time when discussing policies?

You are critical about the "Moving Forward" slogan but you think Abbott's "action Plan" slogan/mantra is any better? What is that exactly?

Tony keeps telling me what he's gonna do (I'll stop the boats, etc) but he still hasn't said how he is going to do it.. He keeps telling me eveything that's wrong with the current govt but doesn't seem big on telling me how he's going to "fix" things.

Yesterday he back flipped on the Paid Parental Leave scheme; delaying its start by 12 months because the bloke with the economics degree and his party got its costings on this policy very very wrong. He's said he wont bring in any "new BIG taxes" only "small ones" - seriously what does that mean exactly

Then his shadow Finance Minister said last week that they wouldn't release their costings on their policy because all their costings are capped and because they are capped they don't need to release them?  What the????

And lets not forget yesterday's flip flop over the when he'd have the budget back into surplus. Yep the guy the with the economics degree certainly has the runs on the board and credibility when it comes to the finances

And let's not even get started on some of Tony'e pathetic comments that have (rightly) upset/annoyed the femal population....

As for Julia she aint that great either but compared to Abbott as I 've said it a pretty easy choice from where I am sitting

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2010, 07:35:50 AM »
WP
I think you've got dizzy by all of the ALP spin.

Even as early as yesterday the ALP were praising the Howard government on it's economic managment of the country.
Even the ALP, the party you love have agreed that they weren't travelling too good and had "gone off the rails". So they think it's ok to knife the elected prime minister.
It's as though you are blinded by Julia's red/orange glow.

In every portfolio that Abbott has been minister of there was no wastage atleast we new the money was well spent.
You can't say this from Julia's first try at running a portfolio. Waste waste waste watse
she's throwing your money away mate money from "working australians"

FNM

« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2010, 07:47:25 AM »
Even as early as yesterday the ALP were praising the Howard government on it's economic managment of the country.
Both Howard and Costello are no longer there.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2010, 08:02:24 AM »
Both Howard and Costello are no longer there.

yes it's a shame that costello didn't hang around his record is impecable. I agree he has much more charisma than Abbott.

But I think people critisize him for the wrong reasons

Ok he's boring but he's a Rhodes Scholar what do you expect?
Julia is a good media performer. Well she's a lawyer they are good at spinning crap!

People don't like his choice of swimwear. Well what triathlete or marathon runner wears board shorts?
What a load of crap that people complain about him. Atleast he's super fit & Disciplined!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2010, 08:18:03 AM »
Ok. Besides the apology to indeginous Australians, what has this government acheived without wasting money or stuffing up completely?

Or should we get the ALP to tell us? Maybe they'll form a commitee and spend another billion of our money to tell us that they are "moving forward" from past mistakes. 

So all you ALP lovers tell me of their greatest acheivements in the last 3 years.

FNM

« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2010, 08:22:31 AM »
I agree he has much more charisma than Abbott.
I never said anything about charisma
Just noting that the people that managed the economy so well under the Liberal Party are no longer there and they have as much to prove their credentials - actually more, because Labor has proven theirs over the last couple of years.  A shame Abbott won't have the economics debate.  Instead, he just said she was calling for it because she was failing in the polls.  No, Tony, it's actually for the Australian people to understand what both parties have to offer.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2010, 08:41:22 AM »
I agree he has much more charisma than Abbott.
I never said anything about charisma
Just noting that the people that managed the economy so well under the Liberal Party are no longer there and they have as much to prove their credentials - actually more, because Labor has proven theirs over the last couple of years.  A shame Abbott won't have the economics debate.  Instead, he just said she was calling for it because she was failing in the polls.  No, Tony, it's actually for the Australian people to understand what both parties have to offer.

what????? You stated that labour has proven themselves in the last 3 years. What have they proven? That they are unable to be trusted with our money.
They've already admitted that they are useless but aparently we are to beleive it was all Kevins fault.