Author Topic: Federal Election  (Read 41703 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Federal Election
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2010, 08:46:24 AM »
On workchoices.

He stated that work choices is dead, buried and cremated.
Well I listened to that interview on 3AW and he then signed a contract with Neil on radio because they kept asking the same questions over and over.
Then he was asked specificaly by a caller about the rights of junior workers and how it's unfair the labour goverment changed the legistlation on how many hours minimum that they can work.
He then stated that there are many areas of legislation that can be considered or changed if they are unfair.
Then he went on to say that BUT on the issue of workchoices we ( the liberal party ) have considered the voice of the people in 2007 and we have heard it loud and clear.... Workchoices is dead.

The fact is that he apposed workchoices when the Howard goverment proposed it. Fact.
I think this fella is unfairly critisised. 

Tigra if you think work choices are dead you are living in another world. They will come back bigger than ever, albeit with different wordings. The result will be the same and its the workers who will feel the pinch. By the way it makes no difference to me personally in my occupation but i saw it personally happen to people around me and it wasn't good

The economic crudentials of the labour party in the last few years are far superiour than anything the Liberals have ever dished up. We avoided recession and before any of you start jumping up and down and saying at what cost bla bla bla well i didnt see any of you complaining when you took the $900 and kept it or when you insulated your house as i did. Maybe when you took the chance to collect the 50% tax break on the company car before December 30. Liberal voters have turned but only after they accepted all the handouts with open arms.

The biggest mistake Rudd did was not sack Garrett on the spot and make a stand. Outside of that the measures Labour put in place have been excellent
Rudd would've had the edge over Abbott. Gillard though i cant be too sure but still the choice is simple. Howard's little puppet or Gillard.

I wished someone stopped the boat when that f u k w i t arrived in our country.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

FNM

« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2010, 09:01:38 AM »
The biggest mistake Rudd did was not sack Garrett on the spot and make a stand. Outside of that the measures Labour put in place have been excellent
Kev should have read the correspondence from Garrett when he highlighted the dangers of the scheme.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »
Kev should have read the correspondence from Garrett when he highlighted the dangers of the scheme.

Totally agree with you there which is why he should stood up like a man admitted the buck stops with him sacked garrett on the spot and moved on.

But that aside there were many people who benefited from the scheme probably a fair few who jump up and down bagging the labour party.

Bunch of hyprocrites i say because they gladly accepted the $900. If they were so dead set against any of the economic policies he put in place to avoid the recession then why were they gutless enough to run to Harvey Norman and spend the money that were given to them

Personally i never received the $900 because i never paid tax therefore im not entitled to it, but i thought apart from the mishandling of K Rudd and the Insulation debacle the Labour party did wonders since thew GFC hit.

FNM

« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2010, 10:05:03 AM »

Totally agree with you there which is why he should stood up like a man admitted the buck stops with him sacked garrett on the spot and moved on.

But that aside there were many people who benefited from the scheme probably a fair few who jump up and down bagging the labour party.

Bunch of hyprocrites i say because they gladly accepted the $900. If they were so dead set against any of the economic policies he put in place to avoid the recession then why were they gutless enough to run to Harvey Norman and spend the money that were given to them

Personally i never received the $900 because i never paid tax therefore im not entitled to it, but i thought apart from the mishandling of K Rudd and the Insulation debacle the Labour party did wonders since thew GFC hit.
Well, it worked, Labor kept us out of recession  :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2010, 11:17:27 AM »
Bring back Gough!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2010, 04:53:59 PM »

The interesting thing about the stimulus package is that initially the coalition jumped up and down saying it'd would work, that it was a waste of money.

But it did work, it kept us out of recession.

So next the coalition do a total back flip and  jump up and down saying that it needed to be stopped because it worked too well, that it would lead to inflation.

Again it seems that they wrong as the latest inflation figures were within the Reserve Banks benchmarks.

Yet some people still have this misconception that only the Libs know how to manage the economy.

Politics is even more tribal than footy. Most people are willing to admit deficiencies within their team and acknowledge good performances by other teams, to varying degrees, but when it comes to politics many people can see no wrong with their team and only wrong with the other teams.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2010, 05:56:33 PM »
On workchoices.

Well I listened to that interview on 3AW and he then signed a contract with Neil on radio because they kept asking the same questions over and over.
Then he was asked specificaly by a caller about the rights of junior workers and how it's unfair the labour goverment changed the legistlation on how many hours minimum that they can work.
He then stated that there are many areas of legislation that can be considered or changed if they are unfair.
Then he went on to say that BUT on the issue of workchoices we ( the liberal party ) have considered the voice of the people in 2007 and we have heard it loud and clear.... Workchoices is dead.

The fact is that he apposed workchoices when the Howard goverment proposed it. Fact.

Tigra if you think work choices are dead you are living in another world. They will come back bigger than ever, albeit with different wordings. The result will be the same and its the workers who will feel the pinch. By the way it makes no difference to me personally in my occupation but i saw it personally happen to people around me and it wasn't goodL

The economic crudentials of the labour party in the last few years are far superiour than anything the Liberals have ever dished up. We avoided recession and before any of you start jumping up and down and saying at what cost bla bla bla well i didnt see any of you complaining when you took the $900 and kept it or when you insulated your house as i did. Maybe when you took the chance to collect the 50% tax break on the company car before December 30. Liberal voters have turned but only after they accepted all the handouts with open arms.

Rudd would've had the edge over Abbott. Gillard though i cant be too sure but still the choice is simple. Howard's little puppet or Gillard.

I wished someone stopped the boat when that f u k w i t arrived in our country.
you are completly wrong there Dan.
You said, "The economic crudentials of the labour party in the last few years are far superiour than anything the Liberals have ever dished up"
well what are their economic credentials?
Is it that you don't understand economics or you may be blinded by labor loyalism.

I stated that some of there ideas were ok but the implementation was ordinary.
The BER was a good idea when schools are left to work out what they need and how to use the money wisely. This we now know because most private schools have had success in building to their own needs.
But when your leader is allowed to dictate what government schools should have but don't need well that's where the problems arise.  
You and I can build a 5 bedroom house for under 350000 but this government couldn't build a structure not much bigger than your lounge for under 500000. This portfolio led by your incompitent labor saviour and current unelected prime minister Julia Gillard.
The fact is that stimulus was a good idea but when people living overseas are getting their payment how can they spend it in this country and stimulate our economy.
I think you must acknowledge as labor do, the strength of our economy before labor took power and the billions of dollars in the black they had to spend.
The fact is Dan that the labor party at federal and state level try to do right but continualy stuff up time and time again. It's a pattern i've seen since I've been alive. My dad was a shop steward and a mad labor man until Paul Keating came along. I don't think he changed camps but I don't think he ever trusted labour again.
I ask you to show me one thing this government has done that they haven't stuffed up. Well if you can't think of one I will help you. They successfully were able to put up a sign on every school in the country announcing the BER. Well done Julia.  

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2010, 06:23:40 PM »
"The Unelected Prime Minister"

This makes me laugh.

Under the Westminster System we do not vote for a prime minister. We vote for a person to represent our electorate and the party that holds the most seats governs the country. The members of that party elect the party leader who is then the prime minister.

6 of the previous 26 Prime ministers of Australia took the position of prime minister without standing the previous election as part leader.

Considering The liberal party have the history of blocking supply to effect the removal of the then prime minister, i find it amusing that they want to push this spin against Gillard, but concerning that so many blindly accept and repeat the tripe as if it actually means something.

Is there no irony in Abbot, who challenged and won from the existing party leader, that position, condemning Gillard for doing the same?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2010, 07:09:46 PM »

This makes me laugh.

Under the Westminster System we do not vote for a prime minister. We vote for a person to represent our electorate and the party that holds the most seats governs the country. The members of that party elect the party leader who is then the prime minister.

6 of the previous 26 Prime ministers of Australia took the position of prime minister without standing the previous election as part leader.

Considering The liberal party have the history of blocking supply to effect the removal of the then prime minister, i find it amusing that they want to push this spin against Gillard, but concerning that so many blindly accept and repeat the tripe as if it actually means something.

Is there no irony in Abbot, who challenged and won from the existing party leader, that position, condemning Gillard for doing the same?
Al,
the labor party didn't vote.
Gillard was asked repeatedly on several media outlets if she was going to oust Kevin. She told us all numerous times that she wasn't going to do that. I remember her saying so myself listening to her whiney voice on radio and tv where she stated, " there's more chance of me sailing solo around the world than me being prime minister" and also, " there's more chance of me lining up alongside Barry Hall than being prime minister!"

Gillard knifed Kevin '07 and he kindly stepped out of her way. It never went to a vote.
It's something the ALP do, when things are tough or they've stuffed up or they've "gone of the rails"...... they bring in a woman.
FACT!!!!!

FNM

« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2010, 07:14:21 PM »

This makes me laugh.

Al,
Gillard was asked repeatedly on several media outlets if she was going to oust Kevin. She told us all numerous times that she wasn't going to do that. I remember her saying so myself listening to her whiney voice on radio and tv where she stated, " there's more chance of me sailing solo around the world than me being prime minister" and also, " there's more chance of me lining up alongside Barry Hall than being prime minister!"

Gillard knifed Kevin '07 and he kindly stepped out of her way. It never went to a vote.
It's something the ALP do, when things are tough or they've stuffed up or they've "gone of the rails"...... they bring in a woman.
FACT!!!!!

How did Abbott become leader? lol

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2010, 07:25:07 PM »
Just like " Lazarus with a triple bypass" or "No GST Ever" or any of the countless other lies that spew forth from politicians mouths?

If abbott had been asked, leading up to his takeover he would have said no. Anyone would.

The FACT!:banghead that politicians are lying scum does not change that the "unelected prime minister" garbage is just BS spin put out by your team in their effort to defeat the sworn enemy.

Some see it for what it is, some gulp it up.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2010, 07:27:04 PM »

This makes me laugh.

Al,

FACT!!!!!

How did Abbott become leader? lol
yes that went to a vote. I think he won by a solitary vote if I remember rightly.
But your leader Julia "I'll rule ya" Gillard, NEVER got voted by her party.
The Unions flexed some muscle and everyone kissed the ring of the union Don and stepped aside for the glowing flame haired, kath&kim voiced, charlatan that is Julia Eileen Gillard.

So to conclude. Abbott was voted in by his party but Gillard wasn't. FACT!!!  

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2010, 07:57:20 PM »
On workchoices.

Then he went on to say that BUT on the issue of workchoices we ( the liberal party ) have considered the voice of the people in 2007 and we have heard it loud and clear.... Workchoices is dead

you are completly wrong there Dan.
You said, "The economic crudentials of the labour party in the last few years are far superiour than anything the Liberals have ever dished up"
well what are their economic credentials?
Is it that you don't understand economics or you may be blinded by labor loyalism.

I stated that some of there ideas were ok but the implementation was ordinary.
The BER was a good idea when schools are left to work out what they need and how to use the money wisely. This we now know because most private schools have had success in building to their own needs.
But when your leader is allowed to dictate what government schools should have but don't need well that's where the problems arise.  
You and I can build a 5 bedroom house for under 350000 but this government couldn't build a structure not much bigger than your lounge for under 500000. This portfolio led by your incompitent labor saviour and current unelected prime minister Julia Gillard.
The fact is that stimulus was a good idea but when people living overseas are getting their payment how can they spend it in this country and stimulate our economy.
I think you must acknowledge as labor do, the strength of our economy before labor took power and the billions of dollars in the black they had to spend.
The fact is Dan that the labor party at federal and state level try to do right but continualy stuff up time and time again. It's a pattern i've seen since I've been alive. My dad was a shop steward and a mad labor man until Paul Keating came along. I don't think he changed camps but I don't think he ever trusted labour again.
I ask you to show me one thing this government has done that they haven't stuffed up. Well if you can't think of one I will help you. They successfully were able to put up a sign on every school in the country announcing the BER. Well done Julia.  

questionning my labour loyalty is a bit rich? please apologise??lol

your damm right the stimulus was a great idea as you have just said. Okay so people overseas shouldn't have received it i agree BUT it didnt stop you and others spending it in this country or the Jones next door for buying a new Plasma.
Ooh and just on that $900 i thought being such a clever lad  you would know that these ex pats  living elsewhere are spending their funds which would've helped boost that particular countries economy, which in turn can only be a good thing for the world economy including ours.  :thumbsup
 If you felt so strongly about the efforts of Labour govt to steer the country out of a possible recession please tell me why didnt you hand the $900 back. Ill tell you why you didnt because you loved every cent of it and gladly spent it wherever you felt. Its only now that every last cent is dried up you and others cry poor. Give me a spell mate. Very wealthy relatives of ours who began a very well known franchise business years ago were happy to advertise spend your $900 here" but now are saying get rid of Labour, they have done nothing right.

What have they done that havent stuffed up. how about

Unemployment??
Inflation??
Recession ooh but hang on we never had one.

how about what labour did for the automoticve industry which was hanging on by a thread or did you forget seeing all those company owners roll around the streets with their new BMW 4WD and VW Tiguan. stuffin hypocrites.

"i cant give a guarantee of every bit of work choices in this country"

Tony Abbot 2010

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2010, 10:59:28 PM »
Daniel you didn't quote him correctly.

If you read my posts I discussed exactly what he said on 3aw and why he said it and in what context. But you don't see this on the advert.  
It's exactly the same thing the current labor minister said when interviewed on this very topic, again on 3aw.  

You would be really pleased about the Cash for clunkers scheme that your girlfriend Julia announced recently.
Well well well. This is an exact copy if the Car Allowance Rebate System ( CARS ) that was introduced in the US. The Obama goverment introduced the scheme on July 1st 2009 and appropriated 1 billion dollars in the hope it would last a year. The funds ran out on July 30 2009. The Obama goverment gave 2 billion more dollars to the scheme and then scrapped it on August 24 th 2009 when all 3 billion dollars ran out.
It sounds to me like a waste of money. It was heavely critisized in the US as of no distinct benefit and a gross waste of taxpayers money. Alan Greenspan condemned the scheme also.

This is how good your Julia and your beloved ALP is. She can't come up with a decent policy so they copy a DUD from the USA.  

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 12:02:33 AM by Mr Tigra »

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2010, 12:02:25 AM »
Daniel you didn't quote him correctly.

Tigra you never answered the question i have asked of you

Why didnt you hand back the $900 or any other stimulus provided by the company? Like i said at the time most people loved it and was quite happy to take take take but now the dust has settled and they have got what they wanted and its shoot him shoot her.

Tigra i couldnt care less where we get our ideas from as long as the end goal remains and our country prospers. You commented what a waste of money giving the cash to overseas travellers and i gave you a reason yet you decide to bring up the CARS scheme. If the best you can come up with is the fact Gillard "copied" a scheme from the USA then im sorry but your opinion has no legs. Lets just wait and see shall we before you say thats a failure. The US economy is in such dire straights at the moment that just about anything will fail over there.

For the record i dont particulary rate Gillard either but next to that person who arrived here by boat Abbott, who you cant wait to have as our PM there is no choice where do i sign.

“But let's, I mean, Work Choices, it's dead, it's buried, it's cremated now and forever. But obviously I can't give an absolute guarantee about every single aspect of workplace relations legislation"

Tony Abbott,  2010