Author Topic: Federal Election  (Read 41676 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Federal Election
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2010, 01:27:39 PM »

secondly your favourite charlatan, the bipolar schizophrenic, "I'm not me and now I am me" Julia Gillard was one of his most loyal supporters.

Poor effort Mr Tigra using mental illness to try and make a smart alec point  >:(

And BTW even if you were trying to be "funny" it wasn't because mental illness aint funny

Thirdly this political campaign is the worst because of the complete spin and bulldust and lies coming from the labor party and not enough attack coming from the liberals.

And vice versa - the spin's becoming thick and fast from both sides. Take your biased Liberal glasses off for one minute and you will see that  :thumbsup

And finally what do we all make of the polls in the last few days. A Labor surge is how's it's being reported  :rollin :rollin

Said it before and I will say it again the polls mean nothing, the only thing that counts is next Saturday and then it will be over thank goodness

PS: Can anyone tell me who is the leader of the National Party is? Reason I ask is if the Opposistion gets elected next weekend the Leader of the Nationals becomes our Deputy PM it would be nice to know the persons name  :help  :rollin :rollin

Actually that's another interesting point that gets lost in the federal political debate in this country. That is under the current numbers (and it's been this way for decades now) the Libs cannot win in their own righ they need their coalition deal with the Nats to win ...  ;D

the Nationals leader is Warren Truss.

I wasn't trying to be funny WP. I had a family member with Bipolar disorder and now is dead. Been through hell and back in mental hospitals. I was making a point about Julia Gillards split personality deception.
The fact is that she would have us believe that she wasn't being herself and then being herself. FACT is that she is a lawyer and she is a master at deception. Laughing before answering every question she is asked.
Any coincidence that the real Julia appeared when a former Tony Blair publicist came down from England to advise the old Julia to bring the new Julia out for all to see.
Maybe the old Julia can explain to the new Julia where 8 billion of tax payer money has gone in the Building the education revolution.
Now she wants to spend 45 billion of our money on a new broadband network. Gee I don't know if I can trust a government to implement a such a massive project when they stuffed up insulation, BER, ETS, Grocery watch, petrol watch etc. etc... But apparenly that was ONLY Kevin Rudds fault.
I'm not one eyed liberal. I just can't understand how a government can stuff up time and time again, sack the elected prime minister and expect us all to beleive that it was just a few mistakes and the "lost their way".
I bet not one of you on this sight knows anything about this phoney Julia Gillard. Does anyone know that she is a senior member of the discrimminatory group "Emily's list".
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »
Does anyone know that she is a senior member of the discrimminatory group "Emily's list".

How about the Federal Women's Committee, or is it all black hats and white hats in your political world?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »
Does anyone know that she is a senior member of the discrimminatory group "Emily's list".

How about the Federal Women's Committee, or is it all black hats and white hats in your political world?
do some research FF. The FWC are just a support group compared to a factional machine hellbent on getting woman 50% of the action in the ALP by introducing and forcing affirmative action.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2010, 03:45:51 PM »
You do some research.
Emily's List support Labor female candidates and are separate from the Labor Party.
The Federal Women's Committee support Liberal female candidates and are part of the Liberal Party.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
You do some research.
Emily's List support Labor female candidates and are separate from the Labor Party.
The Federal Women's Committee support Liberal female candidates and are part of the Liberal Party.
It's clear you haven't done much research.
read the Emily list constitution and labor party constitution.
It's fact is that there is a 40/40/20 policy in black and white.

The FWC is like I said before, just a support group for women in politics NOT a heavyweight political faction with policy ingrained in ALP constitution big difference.
If you don't beleive me FF why don't you ask all the good men from the ALP whom have tried to garner support in pre selection but have been overlooked for a female due to this ALP constitutionally enforced affirmative action model.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2010, 05:41:38 PM »
I don't have to read the Emily's List constitution. It's irrelevant because they are not a part of the ALP so are not a political faction as you claim. It's also beside the point.
I have no doubt they are a pressure group, as are endless other groups and organizations which push their barrows to political parties.

They do the same as the FWC. The differences are EL has an ALP quota to work to and the FWC is actually part of the political party it promotes women candidates in.

Bad mouth EL if you must but then to not do the same for the FWC is hardly balanced. Which is my point.

Personally, I've got no idea why you'd have a go at either.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2010, 07:30:03 PM »
I don't have to read the Emily's List constitution. It's irrelevant because they are not a part of the ALP so are not a political faction as you claim. It's also beside the point.
I have no doubt they are a pressure group, as are endless other groups and organizations which push their barrows to political parties.

They do the same as the FWC. The differences are EL has an ALP quota to work to and the FWC is actually part of the political party it promotes women candidates in.

Bad mouth EL if you must but then to not do the same for the FWC is hardly balanced. Which is my point.

Personally, I've got no idea why you'd have a go at either.
FF,
there is a political agenda to the Emilys list. It's in their constitution and they are powerful enough to change ALP constitution. FACT; They ARE a major political faction of the ALP.
The FWC is and only is a support network for women in the liberal party BIG difference there.
Factions are the bane of the ALP. Never able to work in complete harmony or unity with each faction determined to push their own intrest.
This is an organisation that I cannot support. 
 Mar 3:25 "If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2010, 02:09:12 AM »
FACT; They ARE a major political faction of the ALP.
Rubbish.

EL is non-factional, not involved in ALP pre-selections and only offers support to women when they have formal party endorsement.

You are repeating Tony Abbott's political rhetoric, not fact.

Mar 3:25 "If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.

Quoting from the bible has as much influence on me as blatant propaganda.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:29:14 AM by Fishfinger »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #188 on: August 15, 2010, 04:42:33 PM »

Thanks for answering that one because I honestly had no idea

Where's he been

I wasn't trying to be funny WP. I had a family member with Bipolar disorder and now is dead. Been through hell and back in mental hospitals. I was making a point about Julia Gillards split personality deception.

Fair enough, like you I've had family members with mental illness but personally I don't like people using mental illness in what came across as flippant way
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2010, 07:31:22 PM »

Thanks for answering that one because I honestly had no idea

Where's he been

Fair enough, like you I've had family members with mental illness but personally I don't like people using mental illness in what came across as flippant way
Fair enough WP, sorry if I offended you or anyone else. It was unintended.

On Warren Truss, who knows where he is. But I have heard alot from Barnaby Joyce in this campain. He is Nationals senate leader.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 07:47:44 PM by Mr Tigra »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2010, 08:52:24 PM »
On Warren Truss, who knows where he is. But I have heard alot from Barnaby Joyce in this campain. He is Nationals senate leader.

Well this should make you happy Mr Tigra if this election was down to a vote Tony or a vote for Barnaby I'd vote for Tony 50 times plus  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2010, 02:15:40 AM »
Poor ol' Barnaby makes Abbott look like he has a PhD in Economics.

Tony Abbott is going to walk on water and take personal responsibility to stop the boats apparently lol :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

FNM

« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2010, 10:19:29 AM »
I reckon betting agencies might be a better poll as an indicator

Centrebet odds at the moment

ALP  $1.26
Coalition $3.80

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »
One thing I don't understand is why knife someone in the back only to then re-spawn him quicker than JC with a bottle of Manna like some Messiah that will rescue the Labor cause?
This really has me perplexed and clearly shows the current government has absolutely no idea on how to run a political campaign let alone the country. I guess it just goes to show how desperate Rudd was to get that overseas posting his ego so desperately craves.

The stimulus was a joke. The country had already shaken off the major affects of the GFC prior to any of the major stimulus packages such as the BER coming into effect. But hey....We are moving forward.... :chuck

Answer this question....Would you employ someone who in an interview said "look, let's not dwell on what I have done in the past...I'm moving forward now, so the past 3 years of proven mismanagement detailed in my resume are totally irrelevant because....I AM MOVING FORWARD!"

Thank you for your time Julia, we will be in touch.  :lol

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2010, 06:43:50 PM »
One thing I don't understand is why knife someone in the back only to then re-spawn him quicker than JC with a bottle of Manna like some Messiah that will rescue the Labor cause?
This really has me perplexed and clearly shows the current government has absolutely no idea on how to run a political campaign let alone the country. I guess it just goes to show how desperate Rudd was to get that overseas posting his ego so desperately craves.

Agree tiga. It is a problem for sure. This has been the most dull campaign in living memory. It is essentially between two soundbite chasing boofheads. Both Rudd and Turnbull are more capable than those who replaced them.

The stimulus was a joke. The country had already shaken off the major affects of the GFC prior to any of the major stimulus packages such as the BER coming into effect. But hey....We are moving forward.... :chuck

C'mon tiga... that is very much out of step with the best economic minds in this country and the rest of the developed world. It was a well-timed, and well-designed package and hasn't really been a big election issue because it would be the Libs against the world.