Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 244397 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Rance Retires Effectively Immediately to Focus on Family & Faith
« Reply #2445 on: December 19, 2019, 10:29:42 AM »
Struggling to come to terms with this. Feels like an end of an era.

Bloody hell....

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2446 on: December 19, 2019, 10:39:55 AM »
It's Garthwaite time.

Garthwaires Not up to it imo. Noah Balta is our best hope. Has the rin and the drive to play a similar role.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #2447 on: December 19, 2019, 10:42:14 AM »
Either someone got in his ear overnight or Grimes didn't want to break the news for Rance...

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2448 on: December 19, 2019, 10:44:26 AM »
It's Garthwaite time.

Garthwaires Not up to it imo. Noah Balta is our best hope. Has the rin and the drive to play a similar role.

At least we have a few months now to get him ready. Solves the 'where to play balta' question...

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2449 on: December 19, 2019, 10:55:29 AM »
Great timing. With some $$ free during trade week I'm sure there would have been a quality KPD willing to come here.

Still, one of the best footballers to have ever thrown a pair of boots on. Thanks for all you did.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2450 on: December 19, 2019, 11:22:05 AM »
Will be a shame to NEVER SEE HIM ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD AGAIN.  That's really sad for us but good for him.  Will be interesting to see what he does with his freedom. 

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2451 on: December 19, 2019, 11:28:09 AM »
The club will go on. Balta will be ok in this role. Not Rance but im sure Leppa and the Coaches will ramp up his development now. It could be exciting times with Balta Coleman Jones and others getting chances. We will win the flag in 2020. Im still confident.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2452 on: December 19, 2019, 11:50:23 AM »
It's Garthwaite time.

Hopefully if Garthwaite gets his chance, he's eased in as a 4th tall, and not required to play on the number 1 forward like he did this year.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2453 on: December 19, 2019, 11:54:54 AM »
This is so devastating .

That's religion for you. Especially something that resembles a cult like the JW.

You're retired such a long time and Alex had some great footy ahead of him.
Unleash the tornado

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2454 on: December 19, 2019, 12:08:13 PM »
There’s a handful of players whose contribution pre and post our flag will leave a legacy which will outlast my time on this planet and Rance is one of those players.
A Tiger legend.
#leaveoutyourbibles
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2455 on: December 19, 2019, 12:23:49 PM »
"I am someone who will always give their best to what they commit to, and I’m proud of the time, energy and dedication that I’ve put towards my football career," Rance said.

"Right now, I feel I have served my purpose in terms of my on-field performance and cultural impact, and I’m so grateful to the football club for their support and care in allowing me to do that in my own unique way.

Now I feel is the right time for me to put the same time and energy into other areas of my life that need it, and to prioritise the more important things to me, such as my spiritual growth, my family and friends.

--------------------------------

"Alex, his manager and the club have been in regular communication about Alex’s future, and while we will miss him dearly at our football club, we understand and respect his need to step away from football to focus on his personal life," Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said.

"He leaves this club a highly decorated premiership player and it has been a privilege for all us to watch him play. He is clearly one of the greatest players to have pulled on the Richmond jumper.

"Alex has been the ultimate competitor, an incredible character of the club, and a fine example of a 'Richmond Man'.

"Although he’s stepping away from playing football, he’ll always be part of Richmond and we wish him and his family all the best for the future."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/364548/star-tiger-shocks-footy-world-with-sudden-retirement

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2457 on: December 19, 2019, 12:40:23 PM »
No matter how it's sugar coated it sucks
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2458 on: December 19, 2019, 12:42:14 PM »
Wallace believes Rance should go down as the best defender of the decade.

“He’s certainly got to be in the calculations (as the defender of the decade),” he said.

“There’s been some great defenders. The ones that standout to me are the ones that are offensively minded as well as being able to do a job.

“To me he is as good in that area of just being able to read the play and back himself in as nearly anyone I have seen.

“I’m a huge Matthew Scarlett fan and he’s the other one who really stands out for me, but I think Rance is the equal to anyone now.

“Alex Rance at his best, he was the All-Australian captain as a defender so I think (he was the defender of the decade).”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/12/19/the-silver-lining-of-rance-retirement-for-richmond-fans/

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2459 on: December 19, 2019, 12:55:39 PM »
He's staying on the list.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.