Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 211798 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Rance Retires Effectively Immediately to Focus on Family & Faith
« Reply #2655 on: May 26, 2020, 06:51:11 AM »
He is on our list for 2020
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2656 on: May 26, 2020, 11:42:55 AM »
 Wouldn’t he be an unrestricted free agent?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2657 on: May 26, 2020, 01:18:26 PM »

For 2021 yes

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #2658 on: May 26, 2020, 05:32:08 PM »

For 2021 yes

Sorry , thats incorrect, he is contracted to us till 2021, we havent had the mechanism yet to delist him.

He signed a 2 year contract on 12/07/2018 on top of the 4 year he signed in 2015 for 16,17,19,& 19

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2659 on: May 26, 2020, 06:54:32 PM »

For 2021 yes

Sorry , thats incorrect, he is contracted to us till 2021, we havent had the mechanism yet to delist him.

He signed a 2 year contract on 12/07/2018 on top of the 4 year he signed in 2015 for 16,17,19,& 19

Yes you are correct

But I thought the Club had said that for this season (2020) he would remain on the list because his payout is in this year's cap and his announcement came after list movement 1.

But at the end of this season he would be removed for 2021because there is no $ going into the cap

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2660 on: May 26, 2020, 06:59:15 PM »
Still hoping for a miracle

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #2661 on: May 26, 2020, 07:00:10 PM »

For 2021 yes

Yes you are correct

But I thought the Club had said that for this season (2020) he would remain on the list because his payout is in this year's cap and his announcement came after list movement 1.

But at the end of this season he would be removed for 2021because there is no $ going into the cap

That possibly still may happen

But, if he decided to return & play for someone else we would be able to seek a trade

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2662 on: May 26, 2020, 07:03:37 PM »
Ah Yep. Would make sense to hold on to that contract unless he and we have signed the exit clause his contract that I thought we’d agreed way back when he retired.
I was of the view that was done but we decided to keep him on the list for 2020 partly because we’d already finalised our list and also as a just in case he changed his mind
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2663 on: May 26, 2020, 07:07:24 PM »
So why on earth would he NOT go back to Richmond IF he did come back?

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2664 on: May 26, 2020, 09:24:40 PM »
If he comes back and asks to go somewhere
Else he cant be let go to any of West Coast Collingwood Geelong or the Bulldogs. He can go p like ay for Freo or the Suns if he wants

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2665 on: May 27, 2020, 12:22:10 AM »
Kane Cornes implores Collingwood to pursue Alex Rance

Zero Hanger
Lochlan Balloch
26 May 2020

AFL greats Kane Cornes and Matthew Lloyd have responded to a suggestion from Richmond assistant that Alex Rance could come out of retirement to play for a rival club.

Leppitsch recently said on Herald Sun’s Sacked podcast that the retired Tigers champion could be tempted to return by moving to another club.

“I don’t know, sometimes the further you move away from it, the harder it is to come back, that’s all I would say,” Leppitsch said said.

“If he does, is it at Richmond or is it somewhere else?

“Is it a change of environment that will help him? I think now that this has happened with the virus, it has probably changed everyone’s perspective as well.”

And Cornes has suggested the best club for this change of scenery for Rance may be Richmond’s fierce rivals Collingwood.

“I’d be having a crack (if I was Collingwood), if there was any chance,” Kane Cornes said on Channel Nine’s Footy Classified.

“If I was Collingwood, particularly if they lost Darcy Moore, do they know go hard after Alex Rance to fill that role?

“I think he fits into a club that’s in that window, a big Victorian club but I think the chances are small. You have to ask the question.”

Essendon legend Matthew Lloyd added: “He’s the body type and type of player I think could come back. He’s still so lean, so fit.

“I think you’d be crazy not to call him once or twice a year as a list boss.”

Rance retired at the end of last season after missing the whole season with a serious knee injury. Despite remaining on Richmond’s playing list, Rance has shot down speculation of a return saying it’s like “an alcoholic working at Dan Murphy’s”.

https://www.zerohanger.com/cornes-implores-rival-victorian-club-pursue-richmond-champion-41168/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2666 on: October 28, 2020, 02:15:43 PM »
Alex Rance told the Geelong Advertiser last week he was “really happy” the Tigers had made the Grand Final but didn’t regret his decision.

“I made the decision based on me and what I wanted,” he said.

“There’s days I think about it, but it’s a once in a blue moon.

“I’m really enjoying the life I have got.”

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/moneyball-column-all-the-latest-afl-trade-draft-free-agency-and-list-news/news-story/2491b5bec2cf18e60311f52aeebebf68

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rance to Essendon? The bombshell AFL trade rumour (SEN)
« Reply #2667 on: November 17, 2020, 12:06:11 PM »
Rance to Essendon? The bombshell AFL trade rumour involving retired Tigers star

By Ben Cotton
zerohanger.com
November 16, 2020

Demons great Garry Lyon has shed light on an a trade rumour surrounding retired Tigers star Alex Rance.

Lyon heard whispers early during the off-season of the five-time All-Australian making the move to Essendon.

Speaking on SEN Breakfast, Lyon is unsure of the legitimacy of the talk, stating it never gained any real traction.

“It came across my desk within two days post Grand Final,” Lyon said.

“I checked this out and I made a couple of calls and I didn’t get anything back which is normally sort of code for ‘this is on’.

“Alex Rance to Essendon was what I heard very early in the piece.

“I got all excited. I thought, ‘boy, I’m on to something here’.

“That would have been the biggest trade of the whole trade period.

“I followed up, I chased it up as hard as I could, but it went cold so I didn’t go with it.

“I kept hearing it and I rang a couple of people and normally they get back to me, but nothing.

“I did a bit of homework and it just went cold. I don’t know if it was ever a possibility but it was suggested to me that it was on, but not to be.”

Former Essendon skipper Tim Watson said the link makes sense given former Tigers assistant Ben Rutten is now the Bombers’ senior coach.

“I guess the reason you probably heard that and thought that there might be some legitimacy to it was the fact that Ben Rutten was his coach at Richmond for a period of time.”

Tigers talent manager Blair Hartley told SEN’s Dwayne’s World last week that he believed Rance would return to Richmond if he came out of retirement.

“We miss him but he’s content with his decision and we’ve just got to support him in that, as much as we’d love to have him,” Hartley said.

“I’m very confident of that (he’d play for Richmond if he came back).

“Look, he’s not going to come back. He’s made that pretty clear to us.

“He’s comfortable with his position and we’ve just to support him with that given the service he’s given to us over number of years.”

Rance shocked the footy world when he hung up the boots at the end of 2019 to focus on his family and religion.

He played 200 games for Richmond and is a member of the club’s 2017 premiership side.

https://www.zerohanger.com/the-bombshell-afl-trade-rumour-involving-retired-star-alex-rance-2020-70315/

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2668 on: November 17, 2020, 01:46:09 PM »
Couldn't have stomached him at the Bombers.  Also, it's curious as to why he hasn't been delisted yet? 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2669 on: November 17, 2020, 02:24:23 PM »
Do we have to publicly say he is delisted given he has retired?

He is a 30-something who hasn't played footy at any level for two years. Essendon showing they are still as desperate and deluded as ever lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd