Author Topic: Richmond vs St Kilda NAB Cup matchday thread  (Read 11588 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Richmond vs St Kilda NAB Cup matchday thread
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2008, 01:52:16 AM »
Jack Riewoldt too slow doesn't get to enough contests poor disposal. First tound pick.
McMahon. Supposed to have silky skills? Yeah right garbage.
Pettifer as soft as butter.
Johnson no leadership too introverted no prescence on the ground.
Tuck too many turnovers that cost in goals and covers the ground with the pace of a tortoise.
Meyer gawn plain and simple.
Jarrod Oakleigh Nicholls. Yes he is only 19 yeas he had an interrupted pre season 06-07. Yes he can't play yes he is no good. Yes he was a waste of a first round pick. Would be lucky to play Division 2 in the suburban leagues.
Tambling. Flashy spurts here and there but the 5 to 10 flashy things he may do  don't amount to much. We have waited and waited and waited. At least Marty McGrath kicked 5 goals on debut what has Tambo done? Send him back to the Mellville Island Sea Snakes. Waste of a 1st round draft pick. The fact we hate Franklin and look at issues he may have off the field and laugh and are critical of any on field weaknesses is because we know we got the wrong bloke and it kills us to admit it. Franklin wins games off his own boot. Anyone see the Hawks Adel final last year? Tambling is like dancing. You move your arms you girate you wink you shimmy you step you eye out the gorgeous girl on the other end of the floor and you end up in the same spot you started because you are all flashy and no substance and the girl knows this you in your heart of hearts know this to but you just don't want to admit it. To me Tambling is a Nowhere Man.
Hyde will be handy for Coburg this years VFL competition.
Tiva has no prescence but for me it aint his fault now after all if Terry drafted me and offered me 200K a year to play I'd do it as well, despite all my physical inferiorities and shortcomings in skill and on field decision making. So you can't blame Tiva on the retention of his spot on the list after years of mediocrity.
Silvester was a waste of a rookie pick. Slow cumbersome and will not make it. The step up from VFL to AFL is too great for him. His error that resulted in the Dal Santo goal in the 3rd quarter at a time when we reduced the margin to 15 was criminal and it should not be sugar coated and go down to inexperience. Way way way out of his depth.

What have we got to come back.
Cogs? He's had 2 knee recos. We are expecting the miracles and all we might get is a trip to the confessional booth and a slap of rosary beads.
Schulz? Could be anything (but an AFL footballer) at this point in time.
Cleve surprised he didn't play is a long kick and could have kicked a few super goals.
Polo why was he not playing?

We are up the creek without a paddle. Our skills were deplorable tonight. Nice for Player A and Player B to hit a target in a intra club game on Gosch's Paddock but it actually counts to do that on the MCG and at the Telstra Dome. Our finish to last season is a distant memory, we actually had something to look forward to then. Now the looking forward to has come and we are no better off in fact worse and it is mid range teams like the Saints who we need to start beating to gain confidence to climb the ladder and move into finals contention.
It will be a long fruitless frustrating awful insipid infuriating year ahead of us. Who will replace Richo Bowden Browny  in the years to come? No one has stepped up and no one looks likely. Lids can't be an elite midfielder nor an elite forward at the same time. He can't be expected to fill gaps in a list and be brilliant when that list has more holes in it that a fishing net on a trawler.
All in all a frustrating night and if you are not thinking of 2009 after tonights effort and finishing bottom 2 then you seriously do not know football you are ignorant despite the signs you have in front of you or your level of optimism is humungous.
Moses spent 40 years wandering through the desert. We have spent 26. We still have a long way to go fellow frustrated Tigers. Enough is enough if pride can't kick in after 26 years of embarrasing results on the field then what can?
No skills
No improvement
No passion
No leadership
No desire
Our depth is poor. We have a sprinkling of good players and after that our second and third tier players are of a level of either substandardness ineptness or suburban like. We deserve to be where we are at. Its as simple as that. It hurts it really really hurts but that is the gravity of where we are and where we will go on field in 2008. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 02:18:25 AM by Hellenic Tiger 74 »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2008, 05:30:08 AM »
Give Newy, King, Moore, Richo and one or two others a pat on the back but most Tigers last night put their hand up a permanent spell at Coburg.

We were second to the ball for most of the night and our workrate off the ball was pathetic. We kept isolating ourselves with no one off the ball offering options which meant we just turned it over time and time again through giving it off to flat-footed teammates who in turn were immediately under pressure themselves. The few times we did have options open the player with the footy held on to the footy for too long. Did we not learn anything from how Geelong played last year. Also a total lack of awareness. Tigers are taking a mark play on with a Saint right on them and getting pinged. Ahhhhhhhh!  :banghead

Better hope it's rustiness in February or it'll be 2007 all over again.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2008, 05:44:07 AM »
wasted your time & money supporting a night series with pathetic rules & a AFL that destroys the game bit by bit each year
Don't start me again on the stupidity of the hands in the back rule  ::). Apart from that the NAB cup rules are clear unless you're wearing Y&B and undisciplined  :scream.

As for going, the entertainment off the field with bg25's lessons in crowd control was worth the time and money spent  :lol :rollin
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2008, 07:45:48 AM »
some of these comments are ridiculous. I can't believe you have all given up after one pre season game except for jack who never had faith in this team in the first place. Obviously Saints preparation for the season is well ahead of us. I see this as a game we can learn a lot from. Many clubs have bombed out in the first round of NAB and gone on to play a good season. Saints put genuine pressure on all our players and we didn't respond well and made poor disposal decisions but this will improve I'm sure. remember we did come last in the previous season. Give them time and they'll come good. I'm waiting till about round 6 before I make any judgements.

Little Jackie

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2008, 08:34:07 AM »
some of these comments are ridiculous. I can't believe you have all given up after one pre season game except for jack who never had faith in this team in the first place. Obviously Saints preparation for the season is well ahead of us. I see this as a game we can learn a lot from. Many clubs have bombed out in the first round of NAB and gone on to play a good season. Saints put genuine pressure on all our players and we didn't respond well and made poor disposal decisions but this will improve I'm sure. remember we did come last in the previous season. Give them time and they'll come good. I'm waiting till about round 6 before I make any judgements.

Mate, people give up and have no faith as its clear that we arent any good , fact.  Lats nite was a disgrace, if we played Geeelong we would of got belted by 20 goals.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2008, 08:46:26 AM »
"Saints put genuine pressure on all our players and we didn't respond well and made poor disposal decisions"

But Tiga, thats our style of play! :banghead I'm so loyal to the club that I am the laughing stock of my workplace! Last night was just more of the same poo and I'm tired of waiting to come good, last night was so disheartening!
FWIW I thought Moores punch to spoil a mark was more heartening than his speccy

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2008, 09:13:47 AM »

mate we r loyal thats why it hurts so much.
we pay up every year and then what. that gets dished up first up.
yes that was a nab cup game but we really tried to win that game and got smashed.i tell u what pal we will get the spoon this year and another wasted pathetic year looms ahead.

got help us if judd plays in round 1 and somehow is fit because we r gone. whose going to hold him, johnson..haha
i personally would rather jackson as our stopper, he seems to stick up for his players and his presense.

the rfc should've sacked him as captain last year. by keeping him there, same spot means they r content with another shocker of a season.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2008, 09:25:11 AM »
Jack Riewoldt too slow doesn't get to enough contests poor disposal. First tound pick.
absolute wacko.never liked him.

LMAO

Again?

S h i t man.
I'm officially off the club until this idiot leaves.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2008, 09:48:25 AM »
Tuck too many turnovers that cost in goals and covers the ground with the pace of a tortoise.
Meyer gawn plain and simple.
Jarrod Oakleigh Nicholls. Yes he is only 19 yeas he had an interrupted pre season 06-07. Yes he can't play yes he is no good. Yes he was a waste of a first round pick. Would be lucky to play Division 2 in the suburban leagues.
Tambling. Flashy spurts here and there but the 5 to 10 flashy things he may do  don't amount to much. We have waited and waited and waited. At least Marty McGrath kicked 5 goals on debut what has Tambo done? Send him back to the Mellville Island Sea Snakes. Waste of a 1st round draft pick. The fact we hate Franklin and look at issues he may have off the field and laugh and are critical of any on field weaknesses is because we know we got the wrong bloke and it kills us to admit it. Franklin wins games off his own boot. Anyone see the Hawks Adel final last year? Tambling is like dancing. You move your arms you girate you wink you shimmy you step you eye out the gorgeous girl on the other end of the floor and you end up in the same spot you started because you are all flashy and no substance and the girl knows this you in your heart of hearts know this to but you just don't want to admit it. To me Tambling is a Nowhere Man.
Hyde will be handy for Coburg this years VFL competition.
Tiva has no prescence but for me it aint his fault now after all if Terry drafted me and offered me 200K a year to play I'd do it as well, despite all my physical inferiorities and shortcomings in skill and on field decision making. So you can't blame Tiva on the retention of his spot on the list after years of mediocrity.
Silvester was a waste of a rookie pick. Slow cumbersome and will not make it. The step up from VFL to AFL is too great for him. His error that resulted in the Dal Santo goal in the 3rd quarter at a time when we reduced the margin to 15 was criminal and it should not be sugar coated and go down to inexperience. Way way way out of his depth.

What have we got to come back.
Cogs? He's had 2 knee recos. We are expecting the miracles and all we might get is a trip to the confessional booth and a slap of rosary beads.
Schulz? Could be anything (but an AFL footballer) at this point in time.
Cleve surprised he didn't play is a long kick and could have kicked a few super goals.
Polo why was he not playing?

We are up the creek without a paddle. Our skills were deplorable tonight. Nice for Player A and Player B to hit a target in a intra club game on Gosch's Paddock but it actually counts to do that on the MCG and at the Telstra Dome. Our finish to last season is a distant memory, we actually had something to look forward to then. Now the looking forward to has come and we are no better off in fact worse and it is mid range teams like the Saints who we need to start beating to gain confidence to climb the ladder and move into finals contention.
It will be a long fruitless frustrating awful insipid infuriating year ahead of us. Who will replace Richo Bowden Browny  in the years to come? No one has stepped up and no one looks likely. Lids can't be an elite midfielder nor an elite forward at the same time. He can't be expected to fill gaps in a list and be brilliant when that list has more holes in it that a fishing net on a trawler.
All in all a frustrating night and if you are not thinking of 2009 after tonights effort and finishing bottom 2 then you seriously do not know football you are ignorant despite the signs you have in front of you or your level of optimism is humungous.
Moses spent 40 years wandering through the desert. We have spent 26. We still have a long way to go fellow frustrated Tigers. Enough is enough if pride can't kick in after 26 years of embarrasing results on the field then what can?
No skills
No improvement
No passion
No leadership
No desire
Our depth is poor. We have a sprinkling of good players and after that our second and third tier players are of a level of either substandardness ineptness or suburban like. We deserve to be where we are at. Its as simple as that. It hurts it really really hurts but that is the gravity of where we are and where we will go on field in 2008. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

im with ya HT

but ppl like moi will tell u to go support another club just because u r honest and tell it as it is

Ox

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2008, 09:56:36 AM »
XxX
im with ya HT

but ppl like moi will tell u to go support another club just because u r honest
and tell it as it is

ur full of s h it.

How many posts on this board have u saying the same thing about
supporting another club.

[/quote]

Moi

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2008, 09:59:28 AM »
but ppl like moi will tell u to go support another club just because u r honest and tell it as it is
That's crap, X, and you of all people saying it.
You jump on band wagons quicker than most.
One minute the club's great, the next it sucks according to you.
One minute you support Jack, when we win a few you're off him.
You call that honesty?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2008, 02:44:52 PM »
kane johnson is a bigger blight on our club than wallace, believe u me.
what a joke he is.

every time i watch that idiot i cringe cause he is so crap. tuck and jon are not far behind.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2008, 09:19:08 PM »
there are a lot less skilled footballers on the list than Tuck :sleep

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2008, 09:54:03 PM »
XxX
im with ya HT

but ppl like moi will tell u to go support another club just because u r honest
and tell it as it is

ur full of s h it.

How many posts on this board have u saying the same thing about
supporting another club.

[/quote]

wow and thats comng from you

u make me laugh lil man

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2008, 09:57:41 PM »
That's crap, X, and you of all people saying it.
You jump on band wagons quicker than most.
One minute the club's great, the next it sucks according to you.
One minute you support Jack, when we win a few you're off him.
You call that honesty?

i think there a few around these neck of the woods that have a complex called SYBIL.

what concerns me is that that they change their tune what ever way the wind is blowing.

i would call it contradictions...lol

i think we all know who they are Moi. ;)