Author Topic: Richmond vs St Kilda NAB Cup matchday thread  (Read 10541 times)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Re: Richmond vs St Kilda NAB Cup matchday thread
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2008, 04:34:04 PM »
i have said it all along, terry has not much time to show and prove to all he is teh man to lead us

i ask 1 question, in his 3 year reign, has
a/ our skill improved..................no
b/ our strength and tackiling improved............no
c/ our decision making improved................no
d/ our game plan improved.................no

these are all things that after 4 pre seasons and 3 seasons we should have seen improvements in

sure terry has turned over many duds, but whats teh good of that if they are replaced by duds

so then we ask

e/ has our recruiting improved..............atm no, but we will see by rnd 7-9

if not , send terry and miller to kindom come

they have had enough time , screw this 5 yr bs, look what it did with spud

rodger , moi. thats being realistic, no tornado or blustering winds there

Disagree with 5 points a, b, c, d & e.  Have you forgotten how bad 2004 was ?  It was an absolute train wreck !  The list of players was at its structural peak in a wooden spoon year.  The club lost 2million bucks after losing 1million the year before.  Another CEO bit the dust.  Board room disharmony and undermining tactics resulting in a election.

Lets see, in relation to the Football matters;

a) skill - the level has improve (although it is nowhere near top4 standard). 

b) strength & tackling - the level has improve (although it is still not top4 standard).

c) decision making improved - the level has improve (although it is nowhere near top4 standard)

d) game plan - significantly more direct with run & support than that the sideways chip style of 2004 if it eventually got to Richo manned up on 3 direct opponents.

e) recruiting - have not missed a 1st round draft pick since of 04 and the quality of list talent has more potential than any other era dating back to the early 90's under KB.

It concerns me that the peanut gallery is getting restless without appreciating the full depth of the reconstruction process.

Saying that, Mullet & Wallets spin has not helped, however they have been trying to keep the club functioning with sponsorship revenue and membership thru the rebuild.  Steve Wright is the most important & major administration signing since GR & Schwab.

Finally, how many have a name-a-game from 04 ?
Just for the record, I bought the RFC vs EFC Sheedy & Hird send-off game just so that it makes a nice bookend for the 95 semi final.

Tigermonk

« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2008, 05:07:11 PM »
didnot know you been smooching up to the oldies X  ;D
your ok mate dont let any of these dribblers put you down when your right
Richmond is the most pathetic outfit l seen since the bad South Melbourne, Footscray & St-Kilda days
yes we are that pathetic. there was no reason why a 3/4 St-kilda outfit beat us up by that much
to go out onto the park just for a training drill is not worth paying to watch
the club will only regain strength when it has its own Blood coaching the club including assistant coaches
Richmond will never be a power again until they blood there own players instead of recruiting other club retards who we pay big money for little reward
The club has lost its balls they simply will never win games with Richo in the forward half he would greatly serve the backline his moves confident down there & is what the club needs his no Michael Roach & never has been
they will never win games with softy players like JON (lost in the arena)  Rewodlt, Tivendale, Raines, and many more
they will never win games when you recruit a player for the midfield & play him at FF
they will never win games playing basketball tactics l think thats says it all. it be a long season till TW is axed with his assistants

Moi

« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2008, 05:13:54 PM »
If it breathes he'll have a go.
Probably go for the ones that ain't breathing as well if he could  :chuck

Tigermonk

« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2008, 05:28:14 PM »
 :o thats a bit harsh X has a lovely wife & kids  that means your putting them down as well  ::)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2008, 05:33:17 PM »
your ok mate dont let any of these dribblers put you down when your right
Richmond is the most pathetic outfit l seen since the bad South Melbourne, Footscray & St-Kilda days
yes we are that pathetic. there was no reason why a 3/4 St-kilda outfit beat us up by that much
to go out onto the park just for a training drill is not worth paying to watch
the club will only regain strength when it has its own Blood coaching the club including assistant coaches
Richmond will never be a power again until they blood there own players instead of recruiting other club fools who we pay big money for little reward
The club has lost its balls they simply will never win games with Richo in the forward half he would greatly serve the backline his moves confident down there & is what the club needs his no Michael Roach & never has been
they will never win games with softy players like JON (lost in the arena)  Rewodlt, Tivendale, Raines, and many more
they will never win games when you recruit a player for the midfield & play him at FF
they will never win games playing basketball tactics l think thats says it all. it be a long season till TW is axed with his assistants

dont worry monk, does not phase me at all
u know me

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2008, 05:34:22 PM »
:o thats a bit harsh X has a lovely wife & kids  that means your putting them down as well  ::)

thanx monk, that i do, but sh! dont tell everyone lol  u will blow my cover lol

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2008, 05:37:44 PM »
If it breathes he'll have a go.
Probably go for the ones that ain't breathing as well if he could  :chuck

why not, every woman, even you deserve at least one orgasm in ur life time!! lol
breathing or not
are u suggesting u wont a bg over ur head to help u stop breathing to make ur exprience more intense!
too bad u r a woman, as women get old and infertile

while men just mature. and yes i will take my time to mature, im in no rush, life is short enough as it is

Moi

« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2008, 05:58:58 PM »

hahaha you brought it up sunshine!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2008, 07:42:02 PM »
u r all class moi, lonely lonely lady

Ox

« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2008, 08:07:39 PM »

LMAO @ NecrophiliaX.

Don't worry Moi.

At least u dont pretend to be something your not when you post. :thumbsup

Quote from: Tigermonk on Today at 05:28:14 pm
Shocked thats a bit harsh X has a lovely wife & kids  that means your putting them down as well  Roll Eyes

No it doesn't.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2008, 08:09:46 PM »
so predictable, where do i sign up to worship you ox, u r just above and beyond, u must be god

ohe and not just dead ppl, but dogs cats rats horses, holes in fences, bla bla bla, as they say, if it dosnt move kick it

u know whats its like , u showed me

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2008, 08:32:15 PM »
fence sitters dont have opinions, i do, whether they are right, wrong or totally stuffed up, isnt the issue, i still have a an opinion, thus not a fence sitter

That is absolute gold ...not sure if it is supposed to be but it is  :rollin

:thatsgold :thatsgold
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2008, 08:48:44 PM »
As for going, the entertainment off the field with bg25's lessons in crowd control was worth the time and money spent  :lol :rollin

;D - a true learning experience - there could be a career there in the offing ;)

I have just spent the last hour + reading all theses threads.

Struth people are upset.

Look I was disappointed that we lost, yep the skill errors were abysmal to say the least but the fact that we still managed to stay in the game until a monumental blunder in the 3rd which resulted in us losing all the moementum we had but heck when you are coming from where are (wooden spooners) then the smallest thing can cost ya and it cost us.

I don't concern myself too much with results in glorified practice matches.

And the reality is the NAB cup is a series of practice matches, nothing more nothing less.

I am not going to get all caught up in this doom and gloom. It is one game, a practice game that means very little in the overall scheme of things.

Now before people start jumping up and down and say I accept medicority, that I am not facing reality (because trust me I know exactly where the rfc are at) let me ask you all this ... what's more important winning round 1 of the NAB cup or beating Carlton in round 1?

For me it is winning round 1 in the real stuff.

And if you don't think we are show in round 1 then the answer is really simple don't go ;D

Little Jackie

« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2008, 09:01:58 PM »
Ahhhhhhhh.
We cant win a NAB game or normal game. ::)
For me personally, I dont beleive the result of the game is a big issue, its the way we played which was nothing short of disgraceful, the team on the nite gave us nothing new, same old same old.
For the club, a membership disaster, have spoken to several supporters who WONT be signing up, FACT.
Also have spoken to several people involved at other clubs.
They say we are a joke and Wallace will be unemployed by mid year.
What is really sad about friday night that they have had 4 months to try and gain ground on the others clubs, I seen nothing different from last year,same old mistakes, same old going sideways, same old short kicks, same half hearted efforts, even that overpaid dud in McMahon has learnt the Richmond traits already, spotted him walking when he should of been runniing forward of the ball, yeah , dont mention his pass in the last quarter to Steve King either ::)
I respect peoples opinions but we need to win a game anywhere so that they players can start beleieving as well, then again , if the game plan is too kick sideways , backwards etc, you wont win a game anyway.
I have to laugh at Plough saying the McMahon ran the lines, Terry is beleiving his own crap now.. Not once for the entire game was  a player released forward of the ball, so how can he say that?
Yes, there was one, Tivendale when he goaled out of the centre bounce.

As for Round 1, you already know the result.
And yes, I will still go and I barrack for Richmond

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 09:23:37 PM by Jackstar »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2008, 09:17:17 PM »
For the club, a membership disaster, have spoken to several supporters who WONT be signing up, FACT.

Well good for them. They don't want to be part of the CLub - they don't have to Jack. People who chose not to renew for reason toher than financial are in a lot of cases just looking for an excuse not too.

Also have spoken to several people involved at other clubs.
They say we are a joke and Wallace will be unemployed by mid year.

I will be really honest here this is what really shiits me!

I don't give a rats about what other clubs think, what other people think - wouldn't waste my time talking to them.

Seriously why do you care what they think?

Do you think that Carlton, Collingwood or Hawthorn people give damn about what we think about them?

Nope, na, no nada!

But by gawd we spend so much time worrying about what other people think. Why?

The reaction to Friday night has been so predictable it's has me doing this  :ROTFL

Why.... because we continue to react exactly the way people want us too.

Right on queue in Saturday's HUN was that twit Mark Robinson with his words of wisdom, did he write the same sort of tripe about the Pies, will he write the same tripe about the Demons. No he wont because the Dees were beaten by the Geelong. But he wrote it because he knew that he'd get a reaction

Then there was 3AW and the phone lines on Saturday - got the reaction.

All this for a practice match, 5 weeks out from the reall stuff. As I said it was disappointing but say the season already over is laughable.....

As for people from other Clubs - seriously who gives a shiit