Author Topic: Richmond vs St Kilda NAB Cup matchday thread  (Read 11574 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs St Kilda NAB Cup matchday thread
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2008, 09:20:55 PM »
Just for the record I have reported myself to myself for trying to avoid the swear filter in my use of the word s--t.

I feel bad and will try to ensure it doesn't happen again  :rollin :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Little Jackie

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2008, 09:37:34 PM »
For the club, a membership disaster, have spoken to several supporters who WONT be signing up, FACT.

Well good for them. They don't want to be part of the CLub - they don't have to Jack. People who chose not to renew for reason toher than financial are in a lot of cases just looking for an excuse not too.

Also have spoken to several people involved at other clubs.
They say we are a joke and Wallace will be unemployed by mid year.

I will be really honest here this is what really shiits me!

I don't give a rats about what other clubs think, what other people think - wouldn't waste my time talking to them.

Seriously why do you care what they think?

Do you think that Carlton, Collingwood or Hawthorn people give damn about what we think about them?

Nope, na, no nada!

But by gawd we spend so much time worrying about what other people think. Why?

The reaction to Friday night has been so predictable it's has me doing this  :ROTFL

Why.... because we continue to react exactly the way people want us too.

Right on queue in Saturday's HUN was that twit Mark Robinson with his words of wisdom, did he write the same sort of tripe about the Pies, will he write the same tripe about the Demons. No he wont because the Dees were beaten by the Geelong. But he wrote it because he knew that he'd get a reaction

Then there was 3AW and the phone lines on Saturday - got the reaction.

All this for a practice match, 5 weeks out from the reall stuff. As I said it was disappointing but say the season already over is laughable.....

As for people from other Clubs - seriously who gives a shiit

For what its worth, other clubs love playing the tiges, I wonder why.
Can tell you the likes of Fev love playing the tiges
I dont think the RFC scare any other clubs either I might add.
Ten minutes into a game and soon as we put Richo behind the ball to stop the bleeding, they have a sense that we will roll over and die.
As I have said before, the result of the game doesnt matter to me personally but the way we go about it does.
You have to admit, what was produced by the club on friday nite wasnt good, Havent seen the stats but no doubt we would have had 10% or more possesions than them and they we all sideways etc etc. 
If we get beat and had 20% less possesions, I could live with that.. as you can solve a few of those problems.

As for people not signing up , I dont blame them, few guys from the gym who I dont know all that well but have followed the tiges for years have had enough, honestly we have recruited extremely poorly, have trouble developing the players which is a real concern.

I have to laugh also listening to Gary March on friday nite on SEN while driving to the ground saying how good Richard Tambling was going.
What I seen on Friday nite Richard is going no where.  I seen Richard play under 18,s on many occassions and he is now where near that now. He was a standout then.
Whats sad that they are so many players in his age group that have gone past him

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2008, 11:00:31 PM »
Richie is still getting over his ankle. Started on the bench as a matter of fact. So did Foley and Jacko. You would've thought all 3 would've started in the square if they were 100%. Surprise surprise the Saints get a 3 goal jump on us and we were (pathetically) playing catch-up all night.

As for people not signing up, I read the same thing this time last year after the NAB Cup belting from Geelong and we still ended up with record membership ;).

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2008, 11:33:33 PM »
fence sitters dont have opinions, i do, whether they are right, wrong or totally stuffed up, isnt the issue, i still have a an opinion, thus not a fence sitter

That is absolute gold ...not sure if it is supposed to be but it is  :rollin

:thatsgold :thatsgold

yep certainly an original there. :lol

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2008, 11:40:09 PM »
Ahhhhhhhh.
We cant win a NAB game or normal game. ::)
For me personally, I dont beleive the result of the game is a big issue, its the way we played which was nothing short of disgraceful, the team on the nite gave us nothing new, same old same old.
For the club, a membership disaster, have spoken to several supporters who WONT be signing up, FACT.
What is really sad about friday night that they have had 4 months to try and gain ground on the others clubs, I seen nothing different from last year,same old mistakes, same old going sideways, same old short kicks, same half hearted efforts, even that overpaid dud in McMahon has learnt the Richmond traits already, spotted him walking when he should of been runniing forward of the ball, yeah , dont mention his pass in the last quarter to Steve King either ::)
I respect peoples opinions but we need to win a game anywhere so that they players can start beleieving as well, then again , if the game plan is too kick sideways , backwards etc, you wont win a game anyway.
I have to laugh at Plough saying the McMahon ran the lines, Terry is beleiving his own crap now.. Not once for the entire game was  a player released forward of the ball, so how can he say that?
Yes, there was one, Tivendale when he goaled out of the centre bounce.

As for Round 1, you already know the result.
And yes, I will still go and I barrack for Richmond

well the supporters i have spoken to of late have stated THEY will be signing this week regardless of the result and when you start believing what other supporters from other clubs tell you, well you're in strife.
perhaps your supporter friends arent as supportive of the club as perhaps some others more pity them.

FACT.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2008, 11:42:50 PM »

Well good for them. They don't want to be part of the CLub - they don't have to Jack. People who chose not to renew for reason toher than financial are in a lot of cases just looking for an excuse not too.

I will be really honest here this is what really shiits me!

I don't give a rats about what other clubs think, what other people think - wouldn't waste my time talking to them.

Seriously why do you care what they think?

Do you think that Carlton, Collingwood or Hawthorn people give damn about what we think about them?

Nope, na, no nada!

But by gawd we spend so much time worrying about what other people think. Why?

The reaction to Friday night has been so predictable it's has me doing this  :ROTFL

Why.... because we continue to react exactly the way people want us too.

Right on queue in Saturday's HUN was that twit Mark Robinson with his words of wisdom, did he write the same sort of tripe about the Pies, will he write the same tripe about the Demons. No he wont because the Dees were beaten by the Geelong. But he wrote it because he knew that he'd get a reaction

Then there was 3AW and the phone lines on Saturday - got the reaction.

All this for a practice match, 5 weeks out from the reall stuff. As I said it was disappointing but say the season already over is laughable.....

As for people from other Clubs - seriously who gives a shiit

cmon thats way too much sense in that post.

FACT....oops wrong thread. :lol

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2008, 12:57:33 AM »
Jackstar do you actually support Richmond or a you just an opposition troll?

I find it far easier to believe you go for another club than Richmond because you appear to have no love for the Tigers at all. None.

It's just one way HATE. :-[

Therefor I honestly have to ask why do you bother?

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2008, 08:05:17 AM »
some ppl justtake internet forums way too serious

bloody hell, seems like many dont have anything important in there life

wow yeppee thats gold hahahaha

god help u

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2008, 10:46:01 AM »
some ppl justtake internet forums way too serious

bloody hell, seems like many dont have anything important in there life

wow yeppee thats gold hahahaha

god help u

And others make threats via PM coz they take it so easy, and can tolerate others having independent thoughts to theirs.

Wow, yeppee thats gold hahahaha  :lol :rollin
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

FooffooValve

« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2008, 11:50:13 AM »
Jade Rawlings has some work to do. I felt we won plenty of the ball around stoppages and thru the middle, but we appeared to have absolutely no system or tactics when taking the ball inside 50. Just dreadful. The Saints dropped numbers back in the corridor and we had no answer. Not good enough.

Very difficult to watch on Friday night.

Tigermonk

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2008, 12:01:19 PM »
Fremantle supporter sends to me

ha ha ha tigers playing like bunnies just like last year...they are odds on favs on web site to get wooden spoon 
go freooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
real team

other club supporters attack me like l'm a black duck in duck hunting season
Richmond is a screaming joke
as jackstar said other clubs love playing us & love seeing us smashed & play poo football

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2008, 12:27:34 PM »
Could be worse Tigermonk, you could barrack for Collingwood  ;)

richmondrules

« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2008, 12:34:53 PM »
go freooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
real team

Heaven help football. No matter how much of a joke the Tigers may appear, any criticism coming from A Shockers supporter just can't be taken seriously. Not that I am saying the criticism may not be valid, it just loses credibility coming from a Freo supporter.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2008, 12:35:38 PM »
I find our problem is we don't do any one thing really good.

It looks so bleak.

We have Greg Miller on radio telling us Tambling is tearing it up on the track and Oakley-Nicholls CAN play footy, then they go out and actually make you laugh at how bad they are.

Oakley-Nicholls moves around like he's just escaped prison and is trying not to make a noise, and when is Tambling going to work out how to play on after a mark properly. You don't do it when your opponent still has hold of you!

The Swans lost yesterday, but i'd have been happy if I were a swans supporter, their 'Village of the Damned' youngsters all tackled like maniacs, stuck to their men and followed instructions.

[/RANT]
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2008, 12:36:38 PM »
Jade Rawlings has some work to do. I felt we won plenty of the ball around stoppages and thru the middle, but we appeared to have absolutely no system or tactics when taking the ball inside 50. Just dreadful. The Saints dropped numbers back in the corridor and we had no answer. Not good enough.

Very difficult to watch on Friday night.

rawlings and king have done a pathetic job since they arrived. they should be replaced.
king's statement that jon is in for a big year clearly means he is out of touch and has no idea.
guy mckenna is who we need not a hack like rawlings

only gary march in the footy department can hold his head high for turning over profits

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.