Author Topic: Preparation still on track: Wallace  (Read 2240 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Preparation still on track: Wallace
« on: February 16, 2008, 02:26:58 AM »
12:43 AM Sat 16 February, 2008
By Jason Phelan
richmondfc.com.au

RICHMOND'S pre-season preparation has not suffered a setback according to coach Terry Wallace despite the Tigers experiencing a first-round NAB Cup defeat at the hands of St Kilda.

Wallace admitted it would have been nice to have continued in the AFL's pre-season competition, but was happy to focus on round one of the home-and-away series against Carlton following the 40-point loss at Telstra Dome on Friday night.

“We just didn’t play well,” Wallace said after the match.

“I think in any game of football, whether you’re talking about the Grand Final or a practice game, you need players in form. I spoke to my boys after the game and I said to them ‘who thought they did a middling to reasonable job?’ I think about four blokes put up their hand.

“We went in with a fit healthy side, but clearly didn’t play well on the evening. We’ve got four weeks to sort that out and work it out.

"Just our ability to hang onto the ball under more pressure, at this stage of the year you’re not hammering your blokes in pressure situations on the training track too often … but our guys just need a little bit more work on maintaining possession in a pressure situation.”

Wallace felt his players had been a little too predictable in their use of the ball, allowing the Saints to cut off too many forward forays, but vowed to continue to hone his game plan.

He denied worrying parallels could be drawn between last year’s first-round loss and this one, saying that the playing list was in far better shape leading into this premiership campaign.

“We went in quite comfortable with where we’re at,” he said.

“Obviously we were disappointed with our game, but it’s a practice-match series. We had some guys in some really nice form in the lead-up [intra-club] games who had awful matches [tonight].

“I know a week ago that they were actually playing pretty good footy, so at this stage of the year, you just work on what you need to work on. I said to those boys that there’s nothing that says in a week’s time they won’t be playing good footy again.”

Wallace was happy to see recruits Jordan McMahon and Mitch Morton get a game under their belts at their new club and felt they would be better for the experience.

“Jordy got a bit of the ball and ran the lines alright, but I didn’t think he used at well as he possibly can and Mitch was OK without being any more than that,” he said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/News/NewsArticle/Default.aspx?newsId=55336

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Preparation still on track: Wallace
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 02:35:06 AM »

I definitely preferred the low profile of off season..

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 05:17:09 AM »
"Just our ability to hang onto the ball under more pressure, at this stage of the year you’re not hammering your blokes in pressure situations on the training track too often … but our guys just need a little bit more work on maintaining possession in a pressure situation.”
Make that a lot more work under pressure and if they stuff up they should be made to do it again and again until they get it right.

[/quote]
Wallace felt his players had been a little too predictable in their use of the ball, allowing the Saints to cut off too many forward forays, but vowed to continue to hone his game plan.
[/quote]
Dumb and lazy rather than predictable. The only thing predictable about last night was the going back to the same bad old habits.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Little Jackie

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 08:42:10 AM »
Terry Wallace. that master of crap.
How can he say we need to hold onto the ball under pressure.
Now Terry , the reason we are under pressure as we dont move the ball forward enough in quick transition by either foot or by leg speed.
YOU have the team going laterally , around corners etc . This puts guys under pressure due to the fact that the amount of short kicks we have dont release players from zones thus are put under huge amount of pressure from the opposition.

As for his love child Jordon McMahon, you a dreaming wallace, another skinny runt who cant play, doggies are laughing at you now, another Patrick Bowden.

About Round 7-9 Terry you will need to program your local centrelink into your Satellite Navigator. lol

Also have a good look how the saints structured up last night in forward 50. Gehrig who has 6 weeks pre season showed you all how to play inside 50.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »
jorty mcmahon ran the lines well he says.

wallace u make me laugh, this guy is another skinny player we didnt need.
how about recruiting someone with a bit of muscle and size.

i hope i eat humble pie but i think the blues will smash us in round 1 and i hope u r all ready for a few 100+ losses this year

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 09:31:47 AM »
We got flogged by the St Kilda 2nds and they come out and say we are still on track  :scream  :lol

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 09:37:02 AM »
wallace is as dog, fullstop! actually a snakedog!
fos

btw, mitch may not have blitzed but he showed he is class! terry the clock is ticking!

Little Jackie

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 10:27:33 AM »

i hope i eat humble pie but i think the blues will smash us in round 1 and i hope u r all ready for a few 100+ losses this year

Wallace writes and quotes CRAP.
He must not have been at Telstra Dome last nite but a ""look a like"" in his place.
Jordon McMahon was running sideways, in circles , around imaginary witches hats etc etc etc etc.
Not once did McMahon run and carry and go forward. sideways yes , forward running the lines NO!

blx

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 01:37:09 PM »

takes one to know one.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 02:01:24 PM »
Its the preparation itself that is lacking.
There is no tempo to the teams play. It is stagnant
and Jack and MT agree that we train the way we play.
We are in deep deep doggie doo doo.
No evidence under Terry that is suggesting our intensity on the field is increasing.
Daniel the only blokes to eat humble Pie will be Miller and Terry. On some occassions they will even get a second helping.
Players who have been drafted who are overrated that do not suggest they deserved to be picked that high and garbage that has come from other clubs. The crap nobody wants to have but that half way house of an AFL club that we are we give them a second chance.
You can march them off a cliff and you can send off to war but if they can't fight then no amount of training will erase that. Terry and Miller have almost sent us back to the drawing board . I hope not but that is reality people.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 02:51:30 PM »

He must not have been at Telstra Dome last nite but a ""look a like"" in his place.
Jordon McMahon was running sideways, in circles , around imaginary witches hats etc etc etc etc.
Not once did McMahon run and carry and go forward. sideways yes , forward running the lines NO!

jack i can honestly look at all ur posts and agree 100%.
a lot of u live in dreamland about the likes of jon, captain pathetic and co.

when jordy got picked up last year, a lot of u were happy to wait till he starts playing, well he did last night and that was the most pathetic display ive seen from someone hoping to impress.

funniest interview ive heard in my 31 years of existence was david king pre game on sen.
"jarod oakley nichols has trained the house pre season more than anyone on the list"

now maybe david king needs to go cause clearly hasnt got a clue either if he is going around saying s... like that

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 02:57:43 PM »

100%???

Can I have some of what you're on?

:cheers

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 03:04:37 PM »

100%???

u keep living in denial pal.
he speaks the truth about this rabble of a team.

u keep telling urself that this team is going to win a flag by 2011.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 03:10:59 PM »

100%???

u keep living in denial pal.
he speaks the truth about this rabble of a team.

u keep telling urself that this team is going to win a flag by 2011.

Now he speaks "the truth"

Is Jack the second coming?

I was just questioning the 100%

Even Jack would deny that statement.

Chill out.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 04:21:58 PM »
More membership dribble from the tanned one.

It is what it is - damage control