Author Topic: When Inside 50 - KICK THE BLOODY GOAL TIGES!  (Read 871 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
When Inside 50 - KICK THE BLOODY GOAL TIGES!
« on: February 16, 2008, 06:10:22 AM »
Message to the RFC....

Why try and pass to a contest after you've marked it inside forward 50 instead of just kicking the goal yourself  ???.

Add to that Tigers who can easily kick 60m failing to make the distance from 45 ???

:scream
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Little Jackie

Re: When Inside 50 - KICK THE BLOODY GOAL TIGES!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 08:53:20 AM »
Its the game plan ;)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 02:14:44 PM »
My wife has never been to a footy game.
Does not care about the footy except my relative state of mind post game if she is unaware of the result,happened to be watching snippets of the game and asked me

"Why do the Richmond players get to the 50 and don't have a shot or don't kick it to the big 12 when he is by himself instead they wait for alot of players to get back and then kick it up high"

I reply that is Richmond, we buck the trend in everything we do that's why we are so successful

Which makes me think if she who has no idea can see it unfolding obviously in front of her or if I  or someone of my ilk was coaching a footy side any footy side at any level I would be encouraging my boys to kick it long and quick especially to the monster we have sitting in the square.
I see other teams do it. Heck even Carlton did it and they tanked, they do it for Fev.
We just don't do it. It has to be a set play or a coaches directive. We always do it. St Kilda were bombing long last nite to Gehrig and Kossie and we were waiting for Richo to get 5 players on him. Jack Riewoldt, Petts are the worst offenders.Our players also can kick 50 meters running out of defence yet don't seem to make the distance from 48. JON and Raines with shots at goal in the last quarter that were marked in the square or rushed through for points.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 02:20:33 PM »
Or at least a point! ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 05:01:38 PM »
Its the game plan ;)
and players who are dumb. It's like we play on when we should hold it up and holdit up when we should get it moving quickly.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 07:58:12 PM »
and players who are dumb. It's like we play on when we should hold it up and holdit up when we should get it moving quickly.

Hmmm that sounds like a conversation I had on Friday night...........

It was and it was with you  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)