Author Topic: Votes round 20 - RFC vs Adelaide  (Read 7205 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Votes round 20 - RFC vs Adelaide
« on: August 15, 2004, 03:56:29 PM »
Pretty hard to find votes.

3. Krakouer - Good for the first 3 quarters. Went missing in the last but so did the whole side.
2. Hyde
1. Bowden - would have got 3 but Perrie got 4 goals on him.

The number of blokes we have that can't hit a teammates by foot or hand even only 20m away on the full it's astonishing. Just kills us.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Votes round 20 - RFC vs Adelaide
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 09:25:22 AM »
1000 votes WP for going all the way to Adelaide, getting abused from the moment I got to the game until I boarded the plane (trust me they are more that 30 minutes behind over there :help) and then havin g to sit through that final quarter :thumbsup

3 - Tivva - just
2 - Krakouer
1 - Weller/Fleming - they can .5 each

Joel doens't get a vote because he was too loose on certain ocassions on Perrie and Perrie kicked 4 goals.

The Golden Turnup - so many, so worthy  :'(. It is a tie between Justin Blumfield and Aaron Fiora - in a word WHY? :banghead :banghead :-[ :-\ :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

froars

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 08:11:07 PM »
3 - Bowden
2 - Tivva
1 - Fleming

Jackstar

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 10:28:38 PM »
3- Fleming
2- Bowden
1- Krakouer

the absolute bloody disagrace award goes to Fiora. :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 10:52:17 PM »
the absolute bloody disagrace award goes to Fiora. :banghead

I like to call it The Golden Turnup

;) :thumbsup :banghead :gobdrop :lol :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 04:53:37 PM »
Id like to ask how the hell Bowden got votes again this week? Credit to WP and mighty for pointing it out but his man got 4 goals AND missed a couple AND keep presenting AND being a danger all game. I thought that defending had to bring some accountability. Yeah he is getting a hell of a lot of the ball but when 10 of his 30 possessions are bull$hit chips he becomes reduntant in his attacks. 8 goals in two weeks....how many more does he need to cop before we stop praising him blindly. I just hope he dont win the B&F playing this brand but unfortunatley everyone keeps rating his performances.

3V - Tivvers.....most drive he has given us in a long time.
2V - Kraka.......just needs 4 quarters....always lacks a full-game.
1V - Weller......Tried hard and at least presented.

To answer Wps statement about Fiora/Blumfield.........I dont know whats worse, an idiot who gets it, runs and turns it over EVERYTIME or a softie who just cant get it?
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 06:21:40 PM »
I just hope he dont win the B&F playing this brand but unfortunatley everyone keeps rating his performances.

Probably says more about how we are going than anything else om21.  :'(

Haven’t seen the game and am unlikely to see it, due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e. I taped the wrong game :banghead).  If anyone would like a copy of the Melbourne vs Swans game, just let me know.  ::)  :P
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 02:13:29 AM »
Id like to ask how the hell Bowden got votes again this week? Credit to WP and mighty for pointing it out but his man got 4 goals AND missed a couple AND keep presenting AND being a danger all game. I thought that defending had to bring some accountability. Yeah he is getting a hell of a lot of the ball but when 10 of his 30 possessions are bull$hit chips he becomes reduntant in his attacks. 8 goals in two weeks....how many more does he need to cop before we stop praising him blindly. I just hope he dont win the B&F playing this brand but unfortunatley everyone keeps rating his performances.

I don't disagree with what you're saying om21. However, in defence of Joel he is playing in a position he shouldn't be because we lack key defensive tall options and those that we do have have had shocker years (Gas and AK). Plus Hall and Zantuck (not a tall either) have been up and down. Blame our fabulous recruiting policies once again for the lack of talls on our list when blind freddy could see this problem occurring 2-3 years ago if we didn't draft/recruit more talls :banghead.

Joel is continually given away a number of inches to taller and stronger CHFs. We're trying to get an attacking as well as a key defensive role out of Bowden as others in our backline provide hardly any drive whatsoever and when they do they turn it over (Chaffey, Fiora  ::) ). We've now pushed Tivs down back as well but at least he's on a flank and against opponents of similar size. I would point the finger at others who can't do one task rather than Joel obviously trying his guts out the past couple of months to cover many of his teammates inadequacies. We have so many duds in our side it's no wonder Miller gave Wallace a 5 year deal to rebuild our list.     
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd