Author Topic: The rebuilding is NOT taking long.  (Read 16350 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
The rebuilding is NOT taking long.
« on: April 12, 2008, 04:44:44 PM »
I'm getting rather tire of hearing misinformed rubbish from RFC fans. OMG its round 3 in Wallace 4th year and we are still rubbish. The club needed to give the new coach 5 years to build the list because the list was so rubbish. If we are still crap come round 22 2008 then by all means stuff off the coach, but we must complete the 5 year.
I'm not a huge fan of Wallace; some of the stuff he does I don't understand
 - both on game day; playing Bowden on Medhurst, Raines on Reiwoldt, playing Hyde / Tivendale / Howat ahead of kids.
 - and drafting wise; taking JON types when the arguable #1 rated player in Hurn was still around etc.
However, he also has some good points and is a half decent coach who came to the club and has to sweep dust webs from the room and try and rebuild a horrid list. 5 years is about right, given the position he started.
Personally I believe winning games in 2005 was unexpected and hurt us alot. Being 7-2 followed the snap of Browns leg killed us, were teams like Hawthorn, who finished below us in boh 05/06 had high picks. Last season was shyte but its part of the rebuilding process, Cotchin/Rance will be important cogs. From a long term view another good kid or two would help again this year - as a final top up of Wallaces future plans for the final 2009 year.
Look at the list from an age perspective analysis. Players bought into the club under Wallace:
Mids: Meyer, Polo, Tambling, Morton*, White, Deledio, Casserly, JON, Connors, Edwards, Collins, Collard*, Cotchin
Talls: Pattison, Thursfeild, Hughes, McGaune, Graham, Reiwoldt, Rance, Gourdis
22 yoa and under. (oldest to youngest)
This is the the side Wallace has build and should be held accountable for. Realistically, you cannot expect these players to yet be doing anything major at AFL level. Patto is a decent developing ruckman, Thursty is doing a good job to be holding down FB at such a young age, Hughes has done no worse than any of the other KPP in his draft. The others are still pups.
The midfield is developing, but Deledio still only 20 yoa! (till tomorrow) Even Meyer who has done nothing should still be given one more year to try and get fit and show what he can do before delisting.
Polak, King, McMahon are all under 25 and bought in as you need some sort of spread of age groups, which we bugger all mid range players.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The rebuilding is NOT taking long.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 05:10:44 PM »
nice and touchy post there bentleigh however the problem with it is that most of those kids will not develop with wallace as our coach.

please dont mention mcmahon. r u kidding?? what a waste i dont care if he is 40 yrs of age or 20 yrs of age, we have too many players like him in this team and u can talk about rebuilding all u like but facts are we wont win a flag with this list.

im prepared to give the youngsters a go except for JON and meyer. JON is such a poo footballer. might be as nice go but come on mate if he makes it to 100 games i think i might put the boots on as well. he is crap.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 05:47:40 PM »
nice and touchy post there bentleigh however the problem with it is that most of those kids will not develop with wallace as our coach.

Who should be coaching knackers? Dean Bailey?

'most of those kids will not develop with wallace as our coach' is a moronic argument.

please dont mention mcmahon. r u kidding?? what a waste i dont care if he is 40 yrs of age or 20 yrs of age, we have too many players like him in this team and u can talk about rebuilding all u like but facts are we wont win a flag with this list.

McMahon is going to be part of the clubs future regardless if you like it. Get used to it.

im prepared to give the youngsters a go except for JON and meyer. JON is such a poo footballer. might be as nice go but come on mate if he makes it to 100 games i think i might put the boots on as well. he is crap.

He might not be great yet but he is 19 ffs. Was in Coburgs best today.

Little Jackie

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 05:51:06 PM »
I'm getting rather tire of hearing misinformed rubbish from RFC fans. OMG its round 3 in Wallace 4th year and we are still rubbish. The club needed to give the new coach 5 years to build the list because the list was so rubbish. If we are still crap come round 22 2008 then by all means eff off the coach, but we must complete the 5 year.
I'm not a huge fan of Wallace; some of the stuff he does I don't understand
 - both on game day; playing Bowden on Medhurst, Raines on Reiwoldt, playing Hyde / Tivendale / Howat ahead of kids.
 - and drafting wise; taking JON types when the arguable #1 rated player in Hurn was still around etc.
However, he also has some good points and is a half decent coach who came to the club and has to sweep dust webs from the room and try and rebuild a horrid list. 5 years is about right, given the position he started.
Personally I believe winning games in 2005 was unexpected and hurt us alot. Being 7-2 followed the snap of Browns leg killed us, were teams like Hawthorn, who finished below us in boh 05/06 had high picks. Last season was shyte but its part of the rebuilding process, Cotchin/Rance will be important cogs. From a long term view another good kid or two would help again this year - as a final top up of Wallaces future plans for the final 2009 year.
Look at the list from an age perspective analysis. Players bought into the club under Wallace:
Mids: Meyer, Polo, Tambling, Morton*, White, Deledio, Casserly, JON, Connors, Edwards, Collins, Collard*, Cotchin
Talls: Pattison, Thursfeild, Hughes, McGaune, Graham, Reiwoldt, Rance, Gourdis
22 yoa and under. (oldest to youngest)
This is the the side Wallace has build and should be held accountable for. Realistically, you cannot expect these players to yet be doing anything major at AFL level. Patto is a decent developing ruckman, Thursty is doing a good job to be holding down FB at such a young age, Hughes has done no worse than any of the other KPP in his draft. The others are still pups.
The midfield is developing, but Deledio still only 20 yoa! (till tomorrow) Even Meyer who has done nothing should still be given one more year to try and get fit and show what he can do before delisting.
Polak, King, McMahon are all under 25 and bought in as you need some sort of spread of age groups, which we bugger all mid range players.

Absolute garbage post mate.
Half decent coach , lol
You obvious didnt see Shane Tuck last week handball 40 million times :banghead
You obviously dont understand game plans, and hit up targets  etc.
You mention age,anyone who mentions age again I will spew :chuck
Have a look at Collingwoods young players. Ours arent up to scratch

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 06:05:10 PM »
the truth hurts, eventually everyone will realise it, our young kids as a group are an average bunch.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 06:57:27 PM »
the problem wiith many of us tiger fans, becaus ewe love our club with so much passion, is that we really really overrate our team, list and coach

fACTS ARE WE ARE S H I T !

THE SOONER MILKLER AND WALLAVE GOES THE BETTER

terry shoule be sued for fraud, he lied and deceived not just the club and board but all us fans.  B A S T A R D

Little Jackie

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 07:14:53 PM »
the problem wiith many of us tiger fans, becaus ewe love our club with so much passion, is that we really really overrate our team, list and coach

terry shoule be sued for fraud, he lied and deceived not just the club and board but all us fans.  B A S T A R D

I agree with you X. thats a worry though, lol ;)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 08:53:20 PM »

Listen retards.

You said the same thing 4years ago bout Frawley. And the same thing for 30 years.

At least let this coach finsh his contract before sacking him.

Little Jackie

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 09:14:23 PM »

Listen fools.

You said the same thing 4years ago bout Frawley. And the same thing for 30 years.

Listen fool. we had to put up with  honoring Dannys contract and now you say honour Wallets, what drugs are you on.
Can tell you that at least Danny got us to finals, Wallet is taking us no where, and I cant wait till round 12, they may want to rename it ""exit round"" when the biggest fraud coach of all time gets the chop!
Mate you could not be serious could you ?????
Where is Wallets game plan I might add :gobdrop :banghead :banghead

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 09:18:45 PM »

Listen fools.

lol mods

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 10:50:49 PM »

Listen fools.

Listen fool. we had to put up with  honoring Dannys contract and now you say honour Wallets, what drugs are you on.
Can tell you that at least Danny got us to finals, Wallet is taking us no where, and I cant wait till round 12, they may want to rename it ""exit round"" when the biggest fraud coach of all time gets the chop!
Mate you could not be serious could you ?????
Where is Wallets game plan I might add :gobdrop :banghead :banghead

Less than 4 wins this year wouldn't be bad for the club long term. We missed out on proper rebuilding draft pcks in 05/06 so another top 3 pick along for Wallaces 5th year wouldnt hurt. I still think we are a Hawkins/Kruzer/Franklin/Cloke type kpp or ruckman short. The WA black dude would be nice to develop along side Patto for a decade.

We have a decent U25 line up that has largly been put together in 4 years.

McMahon Thursfeild Polak
King Rance Newman*
Cotchin Cogs* Deledio
Connors Hughes Morton
Edwards Schultz* Riewoldt
Pattison Tambling Foley*
Polo Raines* McGaune Jackson*

Only 6 of those from pre-wallace days.

If the players Wallace traded for; McMahon, Morton, Polak don't make it he he should be sacked. More so the high draft picks in his time in charge; Rance, Cotchin, Deledio, Hughes, Reiwoldt, Pattison, Tambling, Polo.

But he should be allowed the 5 years to get it together. We started in a very poor postion.

We also have a developing deapth group
 - White, Graham, casserly, JON, Collins, Collard, Putt, Gorudis, Meyer
chances are some of these players should come good, also.

The problem is the senior crop.
 - Richo, Brown, Johnson, Bowden, Simmonds, Tuck, Pettifer
 - Hyde, Moore, Howatt, Silvestre, Cartledge, Tivendale

However, we cannot sort this out overnight. In the best U22 side 13 of the players are 21 or under.

It takes time because the list was so pish. Yes mistakes have been made it seems; Meyer, Tambling, JON etc. but some of em might come good, and we have also had some handy trades and late picks.

Deledio was Wallaces #1 pick in his first year. Deledio is still 20!

Tigermonk

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 10:56:18 PM »
oh l'm having fits of laughter who posted that  :rollin

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 01:15:04 AM »
Terry arrived as the Messiah and now the four horsemen of the Apocalypse are blowing their trumpets. I don't care if and when he is replaced I only care about the success of the Richmond footy club. A five year plan was ludicrous to begin with.
Forumites I agree with those commenting on the "game plans" and "tactics" of Terry after all was privy to having Rodney Eade within the confines of a corporate box I was in through work who was laughing at the fact we played our 3 best ball getters and mids in the fwd line last Sunday. Lids Axel and Browny. Heard it and saw it. So there some insight into how we are perceived from others. Not that that should deter or alter us from our main objective, however ppl say we can't eat our own and not sack or dismiss ppl before their time is up but secondly the genuine future of the footy club on field is at stake also. If change is going to get us on the right path or give us an opportunity to get to where we want to go then yes am prepared to go with it rather than sit back be fearful of it and hence accept what I have been given and because ppl have fear of what we may be perceived as if we adopt change and are fearful of what may happen if we do. To not change the Miller Wallace partnership would be more detrimental than if we don't. Rebuilding will take a while believe me. We have only played 3 games but we may as well have played 21. The season is virtually over. Hope is good Bentleigh but when you have the data and stats in front of you regarding RFC on field than optimism and hope should not be two words that come readily /instantly to mind and Wallace and Miller are ultimately responsible for this.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 01:57:05 AM »
Wallace and Miller are ultimately responsible for this.

10 years of shytehouse drafting pre-Wallce/Miller might have something to do with it.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 02:38:45 AM »
You can't forever blame Spud or others for that matter, otherwise we should be be blaming Francis Bourke from half time in the 1982 Grand Final and those who allowed Wood Cloke and Raines to defect to other clubs. Sure some of those responsible for our mediocrity should not be allowed to go anywhere near any footy club again but ULTIMATELY Terry convinced our board in 2004 that he WAS the man TO COACH US OUT OF THE WILDERNESS. His reasoning

1. Wanted to wake the sleeping giant that is RFC
2. Our list was better than Hawthorn's
3. Our recruiting will be better
4. His attacking coaching style will be attractive to the eye
5. 16 goals a game on average
6. His game plan would put us in a position to win more games of football.

Now lets see the results to each of the criteria  Terry mentioned as his blueprint for success.

1. :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

2. :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL

3. :stupid :stupid :stupid :stupid :stupid :stupid :stupid :stupid :stupid :stupid :stupid

4. :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck

5. :juggle :juggle :juggle :juggle :juggle :juggle :juggle :juggle :juggle :juggle :juggle

6. :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah

But of course we all know too too well how Terry has gone as the proof has been in his pudding.
Sure previous admins may have some part to play in the monumental task Terry has taken on, but Terry took it on, on his own terms and he is FAILING WOEFULLY under his own terms.
You live by the sword you die by the sword. SIMPLE.