Author Topic: The rebuilding is NOT taking long.  (Read 16368 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The rebuilding is NOT taking long.
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2008, 08:34:32 PM »

Don't you go bringing FACTS in to support your argument.  That's not very OER at all - stick with the innuendo and 'wink wink', it will make you sound much more passionate and knowledgeable.  ;) If you know what I mean.
I know what you're taking aim at, Smokey.
Got to say though that bringing facts in to support an argument is actually very OER.  ;)
The 2 people who run this site deal in facts and researched information.  :)

i'll give it a FACT. :thumbsup

Little Jackie

« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2008, 09:13:20 PM »
my mates that follow Freo & were at the game said it was the worst performance ever they seen & walked out at 3/4 time
was it the way the tigers played that caused them to be so bad on the day is YES
confidence in a beaten up side could grow like Hawthorn beleive & play so let just enjoy the week & see what comes of it

* this thread was made before the Freo game
 * Freo have had many, many worse games than that one

Mate, I have seen enough of Freo and can tell you that was nearly there worst performance EVER

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »

Don't you go bringing FACTS in to support your argument.  That's not very OER at all - stick with the innuendo and 'wink wink', it will make you sound much more passionate and knowledgeable.  ;) If you know what I mean.
I know what you're taking aim at, Smokey.
Got to say though that bringing facts in to support an argument is actually very OER.  ;)
The 2 people who run this site deal in facts and researched information.  :)
Yep.  I do know that.  You got my point - that's what mattered.  I post to a few different forums and have recently dropped off BF because I struggle with overwhelming immaturity (probably my problem due to age, not theirs) and that's why I still enjoy coming on here - the discussions are generally much more balanced.  And even though I am over the top passionate I am also old enough to be reasonably balanced.  It's all good, especially after wins like last week!!!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2008, 09:35:49 PM »
my mates that follow Freo & were at the game said it was the worst performance ever they seen & walked out at 3/4 time
was it the way the tigers played that caused them to be so bad on the day is YES
confidence in a beaten up side could grow like Hawthorn beleive & play so let just enjoy the week & see what comes of it

Mate, I have seen enough of Freo and can tell you that was nearly there worst performance EVER

April 15, 2000,

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2008, 11:41:35 PM »

..and our best for some time.
A ten goal win in WA is never something to be taken lightly.
You are such a pessimist jackie.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2008, 04:20:54 PM »
Mark Robinson writes in the Herald Sun today about a situation where clubs will get to protect their nominated 14 players prior to the 2010 draft, in anticipation of at least one and possibly two new clubs needing to add some experience for their 2011 debut seasons.

"UNPRECEDENTED trading mayhem will engulf the AFL in 2010 after proposed recruiting strategies for the Gold Coast and West Sydney franchises were revealed yesterday."

They would basically own these drafts, which is a topic that can be thrashed out at a later time, but this was the quote I found interesting:

"It is believed the AFL is against an "expansion draft", where clubs would have to nominate say, their best 14 players, and allow the rest to be up for selection for the two new teams. "

But how else would thay be competitive? With locals, rejects and 20 year old project players they've been protecting in the local league for 2 years (yes they both may get a look in at the drafts this year!!)

You can read the entire article here:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...-11088,00.html

But in the meantime, I wonder who those 14 protected players would be at the end 2010?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2008, 04:21:45 PM »
Who would our 14 most 'untouchable' be at this stage?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2008, 06:42:16 PM »

We have a lot of cubs who have yet to prove themselves so not sure if we have 14 'untouchables' but I think the following are fairly safe at this stage:

Lids, Blingers, Patto, Thursty, Foley
Jack, Edwards, Connors, King, Simmo
Cotchin, Rance, Morton, Richo
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Little Jackie

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2008, 07:37:27 PM »
What about Schulz,  ::) Some here think he is our best, obviously MT doesnt, lol

Ramps

« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2008, 08:24:44 PM »

We have a lot of cubs who have yet to prove themselves so not sure if we have 14 'untouchables' but I think the following are fairly safe at this stage:

Lids, Blingers, Patto, Thursty, Foley
Jack, Edwards, Connors, King, Simmo
Cotchin, Rance, Morton, Richo

When I saw the thread I looked at our list and came up with Deledio, Tambling, Foley, Thursfield, Riewoldt, Edwards, Cotchin, Rance, Morton, Putt (I think he can come up and develop as a full forward) and early picks from 2008 and 2009 drafts.

Putt is my smokie for the list of 14.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2008, 12:30:45 AM »
Agree, substitute Putt for Simmo.

Also substitute would possibly look at one of either Hughes/Polak for Richo (only cos Richo will not leave the Tigers at that point in his career).

McGuane, Raines, Pettifer, Schultz, White, Jackson, JON, , Meyer, Polo etc. could be classified as 1st/2nd trade bait for a new club looking for players in the 24 to 28 year old range with 100+ games experience.

Lets hope that Craig Cameron (and not Miller) is all over this if it comes to pass.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2008, 12:48:55 AM »
Might as well put it simply about a tall, athletic, strong marking player and take it to the extreme.

He'll either be our own Brad Moran or our own Buddy Franklin.  :rollin
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2008, 01:43:11 AM »
Might as well put it simply about a tall, athletic, strong marking player and take it to the extreme.

He'll either be our own Brad Moran or our own Buddy Franklin.  :rollin

Or Will Minson or Josh Fraser or even Angus Graham.

Lets hope that he, at the very least, displays enough form to warrant selection at AFL level.

He may even develop into a 50 or 100 game player, which would defy the odds for a 50+ draftpick.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2008, 05:29:51 PM »
Yeah you would hope by 2010 Gus/Putty and Cleve will have developed to a level to earn their spot in the senior side but at this stage they haven't and is Gus and Putty's case they are still raw and unknown quantities. Talls take longer to develop too.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2008, 09:32:05 PM »
Tonight was another good opportunity to see where we are at again. Although we've got more classier youngters still to come into the side over the next couple of years IMO we still need to dip deep in the next 2 drafts. We can't question the commitment and effort of the team in the last 3 weeks and there's light at the end of the tunnel but we still need to replace the triers with more classier players of the same type.