Author Topic: Terry's Next Contract  (Read 43280 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Terry's Next Contract
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 12:43:39 PM »
terry shouldnt get any contract extension.
and if he does it should be discussed at the end of next year.
I don't think anyone is suggesting a contract extension yet
However, I was a fan of offering him a contract extension in the middle of last year. Although that may sound silly, especially after a wooden spoon season, it would show the football world that we are serious about this rebuild and following it through properly. It would take the heat off the coach for instant results and allow him to focus on long term success rather than appeasing the ferals.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 02:59:59 PM »
 * Wallace must get untill the end of 2009. Give him his promised 5 years to do what he can to a list and club that was in shyte shape under the last regime in Frawley the cu*t,

* If we are anywhere from 6th to 10th spot at the end of 2009, with Most the team 22/23 years of age and looks promising, then why would you not extend his contract?

jackstar

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2008, 03:03:29 PM »
Can tell you they dont know where to play poor Richie.

what would u do with him over the next 3 years if he was your player?

If he cant play inside F 50, would trade him ,as he is too small for anywhere else.

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 03:20:42 PM »
ritchie will turn out just fine
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 03:49:33 PM »

If he cant play inside F 50, would trade him ,as he is too small for anywhere else.

Once again Jackstar is on the money -

However...... can you grow 2 cms after age 22? You can certainly put on 3 kilos.

R. Tambling 179cm and 78kg
A. McLeod 181cm and 81kg

One can but hope. He looks fantastic in brief moments but imho he's been disappointing and the club appears to be trying to give him confidence by highlighting and praising his "one percenters".

Add-on - just did some research - males stop growing around age 20   :(
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 04:31:40 PM by mjs »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 07:39:16 PM »
Blingers is 180cm, 80kgs and he's still 21.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2008, 07:53:54 PM »
My view is this

Personally and I posted this somewhere else I don't believe in sacking coaches, especially mid season or mid contract

I am also not a fan of giving contract extensions mid way through a current contract. We did this Spudley after the 2001 final series and look how that panned out  ::)

My view is Tezza should see out his current contract. Any extension should be dependant upon results at the end of next season which is when his current deal ends. Results should and will determine the extension IMV

Simple really  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2008, 08:15:01 PM »
carltank are the only ones above us we have beat,and they have improved heaps since we beat them.
compare the bottom teams when wallace took over richmond,the hawks are flying and so are the dogs.
Dogs and Hawks lists were in far better shape than ours. Even on the weekend they had almost twice as many players who were around in 2003 in their sides than we did.

Hawks: 11
Dogs:   10
Tiges:    6

The Blues are improving but they're not there yet. Apart from Collingwood who have Carlton beaten - Freo, Port, Melb and WC - all bottom 5 sides. Before their win over Port (or rather Port choked) they were flogged by 10 goals by Geelong and flogged at the Dome by Brisbane.

As WP says, what happens to Wallace will be decided after our last game in 2009.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2008, 08:17:59 PM »
carltank are the only ones above us we have beat,and they have improved heaps since we beat them.
compare the bottom teams when wallace took over richmond,the hawks are flying and so are the dogs.
Dogs and Hawks lists were in far better shape than ours. Even on the weekend they had almost twice as many players who were around in 2003 in their sides than we did.

Hawks: 11
Dogs:   10
Tiges:    6

The Blues are improving but they're not there yet. Apart from Collingwood who have Carlton beaten - Freo, Port, Melb and WC - all bottom 5 sides. Before their win over Port (or rather Port choked) they were flogged by 10 goals by Geelong and flogged at the Dome by Brisbane.

As WP says, what happens to Wallace will be decided after our last game in 2009.

Take Bowden and Hyde out and we have 4  :cheers

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2008, 08:40:01 PM »
Blingers is 180cm, 80kgs and he's still 21.

lol - I guess it depends which source you use - and yes he's 21 and 9 months - closer to 22 than 21.

My point was, not one centimeter here and there, but that he's a similar size to McLeod, if he's up to it.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2008, 10:59:30 PM »
My point was, not one centimeter here and there, but that he's a similar size to McLeod, if he's up to it.
No probs mjs, I misunderstood ya. If Blingers ends up half as good as Macleod is we won't be complaining.

Take Bowden and Hyde out and we have 4  :cheers
Well that's the other thing. A number of our senior players are expendable and will be replaced as soon as more cubs develop and take their spots in the side.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2008, 08:06:49 AM »

OMFG you really have no idea do you?

Mcleod
Davey
B Harvey
Pearce
Johncock
Davis

are all bout the same stature as Blinger. Blinger has improved a heap this year, and has started to live up to his potential.
Blinger was a big reason why we won last week. He was one of the few that ran out the game in the last quarter, not thta you would know, because you Have NFI, you have proven it time and time again, it is so predictable. ;)

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2008, 08:27:25 AM »
terry shouldnt get any contract extension.
and if he does it should be discussed at the end of next year.
I don't think anyone is suggesting a contract extension yet
However, I was a fan of offering him a contract extension in the middle of last year. Although that may sound silly, especially after a wooden spoon season, it would show the football world that we are serious about this rebuild and following it through properly. It would take the heat off the coach for instant results and allow him to focus on long term success rather than appeasing the ferals.

offering him an extension last year is silly(quite silly)
in my view he has been outcoached on numerous occasions this year.
some of his match ups have been ridiculous.
so far this season hes living off his moves of richo on the wing,and cotchin being in the side.
he is planning to  try and train the same way as adelaide have been.
to me hes running out of ideas ,and that his game plan is flawed and has been exposed.
terry had the choice of the hawks or the tigers,and he said he thought the tigers list was in better shape.
well its incredible how things have changed after a few drafts.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2008, 09:07:14 AM »

terry had the choice of the hawks or the tigers,and he said he thought the tigers list was in better shape.

No he didn't. This argument has had a run a few times.

It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

richmondrules

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2008, 09:38:46 AM »

No he didn't. This argument has had a run a few times.

Agree he didn't say that but I still maintain that the list was in a worse shape than anyone thought in 2004. I don't think the underestimation of the pathetic state of our list is TW's fault. I think there were many others who were also fooled, he was not alone.