Author Topic: Terry's Next Contract  (Read 43310 times)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Terry's Next Contract
« Reply #270 on: July 07, 2008, 01:13:29 PM »
Facts are that we pay Wallace twice what Clarkson (or eade for that matter get), and in the same period those guys are coaching top 4 sides.
That may have been the case in 2004, but it certainly wouldn't be now. Clarkson has already renegotiated and would be on PLENTY
And go back to 2004 on this board and see if there's any posts arguing the Hawks had a better list before you think about making that argument.
With the benefit of hindsight we can see that was far from the truth though. Most of the players the Hawks have taken in the draft since Clarkson took over aren't regulars in the side. Only Franklin, Roughead, Lewis and now Rioli. Dowler, Thorp, Muston, Renouf, Bailey, etc are not regulars in the team and most don't look like breaking in any time soon.
There side is built around Hodge, Mitchell, Bateman, Crawford, Croad, Sewell etc who were on the list when Clarkson took over.

You've left a few out who were on the list when Clarkson took over

Sewell, Brown, Osbourne, Williams, Ladson, Clarke & Campbell

Poor posting mate ;)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2008, 01:53:22 PM »
I included Sewell, but I did add an etc so that covers the rest  ;D

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #272 on: July 07, 2008, 01:53:58 PM »

Your obsession with TW is bordering on being an issue where some sort of help is needed.

:whistle
correct!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #273 on: July 07, 2008, 01:54:42 PM »
by the way did anyone see how exciting Dale Thomas was  on Saturday night  ;D gee his exciting l wish he wore yellow & black colours cause his a future champion who was drafted after Tambling, Deledio, McMahon, & others & his coach has him producing like all them other skunk drafts.
Dale Thomas is a show pony, doesn't do the team things and loves the spotlight. His year so far hasn't been that great other than making a few highlight reels.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #274 on: July 07, 2008, 02:04:03 PM »

Dont be such a baby FF. You cant dispute that Wallace was one of the highest paid AFL coaches when he was appointed and he was (and is) making a lot more money than Eade or Clarkson.

No, I can't dispute it because I don't know.
I have no doubt he was on much more money than Clarkson. Not so sure he would be now.
I wouldn't be surprised if Eade was in a similar salary bracket to Wallace from the start. The dogs had more to spend on their football department through CBF money. They also had a full senior playing list with 2 veterans whereas Richmond went a player short by keeping Campbell on the main list and only had 2 rookies.

You have stated it's "facts" that Wallace is getting twice as much as Clarkson and Eade. Feed the baby. Post what each of them is actually being paid. Back up your claim with some facts.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: July 07, 2008, 02:16:50 PM »

Dont be such a baby FF. You cant dispute that Wallace was one of the highest paid AFL coaches when he was appointed and he was (and is) making a lot more money than Eade or Clarkson.

I have no doubt he was on much more money than Clarkson. Not so sure he would be now.
I wouldn't be surprised if Eade was in a similar salary bracket to Wallace from the start. The dogs had more to spend on their football department through CBF money. They also had a full senior playing list with 2 veterans whereas Richmond went a player short by keeping Campbell on the main list and only had 2 rookies.

You have stated it's "facts" that Wallace is getting twice as much as Clarkson and Eade. Feed the baby. Post what each of them is actually being paid. Back up your claim with some facts.

Its hardly rocket science mate. Wallace is paid in the top bracket of coaches, and Clarkson was paid as a first time/first year coach. That's $500-600 VS $200-300.

So lets debate which of the two has provided better value for money?

How about Eade? He has done remarkebly well with a list Wallace didnt think he could take any further, hasnt he?

Also not sure about your claim the Dogs had more money to spend either. From memory, we cut our player payments from 99% of the salary cap to fund Wallace's coaching contract  :P

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #276 on: July 07, 2008, 02:17:57 PM »
I included Sewell, but I did add an etc so that covers the rest  ;D

LMAO  :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #277 on: July 07, 2008, 03:07:59 PM »
by the way did anyone see how exciting Dale Thomas was  on Saturday night  ;D gee his exciting l wish he wore yellow & black colours cause his a future champion who was drafted after Tambling, Deledio, McMahon, & others & his coach has him producing like all them other skunk drafts.
Dale Thomas is a show pony, doesn't do the team things and loves the spotlight. His year so far hasn't been that great other than making a few highlight reels.

Dale Thomas is a footballer going places & playing finals, not like our crappy coached derailed ugly skilled side
Show pony  :lol  ;D l call it class & he done quite a bit of it this year ;D  as his often showed in brilliant highlights of the game on sports shows, its a pity our players dont get shown like that more often apart from a ageing Richo cause our young are poorly coached by Sunbaked Terry & his clowns
Give me Thomas to watch playing football any weekend, his a joy to watch, l just hope they try & get him down to play at Tigerland
if you think his not gifted your a lunatic who knows poo

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #278 on: July 07, 2008, 04:43:23 PM »

Dale Thomas is a footballer going places & playing finals, not like our poohty coached derailed ugly skilled side

Of which Joel Bowden, Matty Richardson, Trent Cotchin, Kelvin Moore & Brett Deledio are members of.  ::) Put your tar brush back in the Tin Monk and stop slagging the team as a whole. They are not all ugly skilled. We have some very good players and a few more to come through. Sure, ultimately the coach is responsible for the overall teams performance but Terry doesn't go out there and kick turnovers for JON or make Nathan Brown kick 6 points. He is just as frustrated as we are with some of the moronic decisions our players make at times.

jackstar

« Reply #279 on: July 07, 2008, 04:49:14 PM »

Its hardly rocket science mate. Wallace is paid in the top bracket of coaches, and Clarkson was paid as a first time/first year coach. That's $500-600 VS $200-300.

So lets debate which of the two has provided better value for money?

How about Eade? He has done remarkebly well with a list Wallace didnt think he could take any further, hasnt he?

Also not sure about your claim the Dogs had more money to spend either. From memory, we cut our player payments from 99% of the salary cap to fund Wallace's coaching contract  :P

Correct , great post actually 1980. Value for money :thumbsup

Ox

« Reply #280 on: July 07, 2008, 05:16:27 PM »
I'm sure Terry will give half of his wage back to the club at the aend of his contract.

Have some faith peeps  :shh

richmondrules

« Reply #281 on: July 07, 2008, 05:18:26 PM »
Time to stop envying TW's wage people.

jackstar

« Reply #282 on: July 07, 2008, 05:24:58 PM »
You dont get it WP do you?
Connors hasnt improved from last year.
Why hasnt he improved ?
Had a taste of AFL, where is he now, Coburg.
I rest my case. ::)

Another of your stock standard answers Jack ..."someone (in this case me) just doesnt get it"

Why because I disagree with you  :banghead

You posted (that's you not me) that we should take a look at the guys playing at Coburg that have been on the RFC list a few years, in that sweeping statement YOU, not me threw in the name Connors.

The facts are Connors has been on the list since the 2006 draft, that by my calculation means that 2008 is his 2nd year. Now the last time I checked the term a "few" meant 3 or more.

Connors has not been on the RFC list a few years - that was my point.  :banghead Perhaps it is you who doesn't get it because that was my POINT, nothing more nothing less

As Imfamy correctly pointed out Connors had an interupted pre-season due to injury and that let me guess in your mind that wouldn't play any part in him not playing AFL so far this year ::)

This site is getting laughable.
I know Connors had an interupted pre-season.
Cotchin didnt even have one and look where he is .
I rest my case.
Anyway, you disgree with everything I say.
Thats why we are playing Finals football this year. :lol
Your right WP ::) ::) ::) ::) Always! :lol

« Reply #283 on: July 07, 2008, 05:40:34 PM »

This site is getting laughable.
I know Connors had an interupted pre-season.
Cotchin didnt even have one and look where he is .
I rest my case.
Anyway, you disgree with everything I say.
Thats why we are playing Finals football this year. :lol
Your right WP ::) ::) ::) ::) Always! :lol

If you don't like the site bugger off (again)

Tigermonk

« Reply #284 on: July 07, 2008, 05:50:01 PM »

Dale Thomas is a footballer going places & playing finals, not like our poohty coached derailed ugly skilled side

Of which Joel Bowden, Matty Richardson, Trent Cotchin, Kelvin Moore & Brett Deledio are members of.  ::) Put your tar brush back in the Tin Monk and stop slagging the team as a whole. They are not all ugly skilled. We have some very good players and a few more to come through. Sure, ultimately the coach is responsible for the overall teams performance but Terry doesn't go out there and kick turnovers for JON or make Nathan Brown kick 6 points. He is just as frustrated as we are with some of the moronic decisions our players make at times.

True they all play the pooh together but its up to the coaches to put a stop to it after all these years.
Nothing gets done, no real harsh tuff decisions & thats why the culture has never changed on the field cause simply nothing is done to change it.
Makes supporters like me the way we are, we continue to give money to the club year after year, decade after decade continueously >:(  but we get served up the same crap & the lame excuses & next year it wont continue cause this fella os cutting his ties