Author Topic: Chris Pelchen  (Read 2138 times)

Moi

Chris Pelchen
« on: August 15, 2008, 04:43:54 AM »
Apart from going for the bleeding obvious choices in Franklin and Roughead, what has he recruited?
I would have gone for those two - doesn't make me a good recruiter.
The Hawks tanked for a few years, so were able to rape... reap the best talent
So we gotta look at the gems in the draft he's picked up to ascertain how good Chris is.
Not saying he's not good - I hope he is - but let's not get carried away like I've seen elsewhere.

Moi

Re: Chris Pelchen
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 05:08:41 AM »
Some reading and he was being chased by the Bulldogs there last year.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/pelchen-tipped-for-dogs-slot/2007/11/29/1196037072983.html

Is he the the type of person who is always looking out for a better contract each year?

If we get him, we wanna tie him down so he doesn't go sniffing out better offers every year  ::)

jackstar

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 06:09:59 AM »
Apart from going for the bleeding obvious choices in Franklin and Roughead, what has he recruited?
So we gotta look at the gems in the draft he's picked up to ascertain how good Chris is.
Not saying he's not good - I hope he is - but let's not get carried away like I've seen elsewhere.

Your funnny ,you would of picked Franklin and Roughhead :lol :lol :lol :lol
You should take over from Wallace if your that good

Moi

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 06:26:06 AM »

You're not funny, Jack, you're the world's greatest bore  :sleep
Can't you have a discussion without mentioning Wallace every five seconds?

richmondrules

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 07:21:52 AM »

You're not funny, Jack, you're the world's greatest bore  :sleep
Can't you have a discussion without mentioning Wallace every five seconds?

Love hurts.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 08:47:04 AM »

But he's being football manager not recruiting manager isnt he?

We've already got our recruiting team done and dusted.

Pelchen does far more than just pick players.  Hawk supporters have always talked about his work around the club and at functions in the highest regard.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 09:07:27 AM »

Are you fair dinkum MOI. Maybe some on here are right and you have no idea about Footy.
Ellis, Rioli, Lewis, Buddy, Roughead to name 5.
those 5 will be the best in the business.

even after you type Buddy thats enough to convince me Pelchen has done a great job.
the guy is a superstar and in the mean tine we picked up duds like Meyer and Tambling.

Moi you should think before you start away.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Moi

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 09:22:49 AM »
Are you fair dinkum MOI. Maybe some on here are right and you have no idea about Footy.
You're the idiot, Daniel.  The thread was started as a point of conversation.  You want to add something, go ahead but the idea was to ascertain how good a person he would be to have at the club.  If you read more into than that, you need help.  Well, I think you do anyway despite your reply  :help

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 09:44:25 AM »

even after you type Buddy thats enough to convince me Pelchen has done a great job.
the guy is a superstar and in the mean tine we picked up duds like Meyer and Tambling.

Ok just for clarity, I believe 2004 was Pelchen's first draft so the following are his selections with my thoughts that get more cloudy as its harder to judge players career off a season or 2. . . .

Roughie - Win
Buddy - Win
Lewis - Win
Murphy - Long road but on the improve this year.
Little - Fail
Taylor - Good Ruckman combo with Campbell

Ellis - Win
Dowler - Chopping block
Birchall - Win
Bailey - Chopping block
Muston - Slaughtered by injuries - Probably gone.
Tuck (Father-son) - Win
Guerra (PSD)  - Win

Thorp - Looking Ok, should make it.
Renouf - Big boy who got a run this year, has promise but I doubt he'll make it.
J. Morton - Played this year and looked good until the the big boys came back from injury.
J. Kennedy - Played this year and looked good until the the big boys came back from injury.
Moss - Who?

Rioli - Win
Whitecross - Hasnt made his mark yet
Dew - Clarkson's choice, been ok when not injured.

Take that how you will and what you consider a gem but from pick 10 onwards every pick has high risk, his record is pretty good.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ramps

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 09:49:30 AM »
Its not just who he has recruited its

1) who he recruited
2) who he sacked
3) the fact that hawthorn continued to tank whilst we rose up with cheap wins

Pelchen is a proven winner

Moi

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 09:51:36 AM »

Ok just for clarity, I believe 2004 was Pelchen's first draft so the following are his selections with my thoughts that get more cloudy as its harder to judge players career off a season or 2. . . .

Roughie - Win
Buddy - Win
Lewis - Win
Little - Fail

Ellis - Win
Dowler - Chopping block
Birchall - Win
Bailey - Chopping block
Tuck (Father-son) - Win
Guerra (PSD)  - Win

Renouf - Big boy who got a run this year, has promise but I doubt he'll make it.
J. Morton - Played this year and looked good until the the big boys came back from injury.
J. Kennedy - Played this year and looked good until the the big boys came back from injury.
Moss - Who?

Rioli - Win

Take that how you will and what you consider a gem but from pick 10 onwards every pick has high risk, his record is pretty good.
That's great, thanks Tigersalive  :clapping
He does look like he's worth a look at.  When I get home, I'll see where those players were taken in the draft.
Seems recruiting is his forte, even if he is good at club functions  :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 09:57:01 AM »
who he sacked???

johnny barker
nathan thompson
nick holland

this all happened while we kept duds on our list and refused to let them go.

this is the reason why we should trade tambling and newman at seasons end.
get value for money for those 2 and in arguably the most important draft in the next 5 years.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 09:57:43 AM »

Roughie - Win
Buddy - Win
Lewis - Win
Little - Fail

Ellis - Win
Dowler - Chopping block
Birchall - Win
Bailey - Chopping block
Tuck (Father-son) - Win
Guerra (PSD)  - Win

Moss - Who?

Rioli - Win

That's great, thanks Tigersalive  :clapping
He does look like he's worth a look at.  When I get home, I'll see where those players were taken in the draft.
Seems recruiting is his forte, even if he is good at club functions  :lol

Most are top 45 picks.

Since he isnt coming in to be our recruiter (as far as I'm aware) I think its important that in a managers post he's able to communicate and present to stakeholders in an excellent fashion.  From how the hawks fans and those a bit closer to the club talk about him his conduct around the club in his work and preparations for presentations and answering impromptu questions at functions and the like are very good.  Cant ask for much more.  It's worth chasing him imo but I'm far from convinced we'll get him.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ramps

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 09:58:42 AM »
you forgot Jon Hay.

Pelchen would be a sensational get for Richmond.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 01:43:49 PM »
Just for the record Pelchen joined Hawthorn midway through 2005 so he had nothing to do with the Hawks' 2004 draft picks (Buddy, Roughead and co.).

He's more known for first being at Port with Clarkson under Mark Williams in 2004 (Port's premiership year) and then crossing over to Hawthorn in 2005 to rejoin with Clarkson whereby he implemented a list-management strategy based on analysing all premiership sides of the modern era and correlating their common traits.

His actual first recruiting act at the Hawks was gaining Picks 14 and 18 in exchange for Jonathan Hay (Kangaroos) and Pick 54 and Nathan Lonie (Port Adelaide). With those picks the Hawks drafted Birchall and Bailey.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd