Author Topic: Mike Sheahan's Top 50 ....... Richo and Lids in but no Foley!  (Read 2237 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Mike Sheahan's Top 50 ....... Richo and Lids in but no Foley!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 06:34:59 PM »
Not too bad from Mike except for Birchall ???. If the Hawk defenders are so good why do they need a 15 man zone in front of them  ::).

Very lucky to be in it at all: Birchall, Griffen (at least Lids has a B&F), Rioli (good but not top 50)

Too High: Brown, Goodes, Glass - living on past reputation. Judd too is a fraction high unless he returns to his West Coast form this year.

Too Low: Kane Cornes - tags yet wins the hardball and plenty of it consistently for a number of years now.

Unlucky to miss:  Foley, Hayes, Scott Thompson, Porplezia. It must be the first year Brad Johnson hasn't been included because he's getting older now.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »
Reigning premiership teams usually get a majority of selections. Hence you get a large proportion of Hawthorn players who are handy but not elite. Its not like the Geelong premiership team of 07 where a large proportion of players virtually selected themselves.

This is merely an opinionated article that gets the juices pumping and sells a couple of extra papers. Big deal. Why would a top 50 I would select be any less noteworthy than that of Mike's provided I give my reasons.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 06:54:58 PM »
Foley does not deserve to be in the team.....not yet.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 08:34:05 PM »
Foley does not deserve to be in the team.....not yet.

have to agree with you Daniel...once he works out how to overcome the tag then he deserves to be there

As for some of the others .....pluzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeee give me a break....

Scarlett in the top 10 - top 25 yeah but not the top 10
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 10:13:09 PM »
Foley's second half of the year obviously went against him. He was playing for Victoria and starred midway through last year.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 12:22:33 AM »
Rioli in the top 50 after only one season......Yeah Right.

On Perth radio tonight (6pr) they were whinging over the fact that there was only one docker on the list.They were also saying that Pav would be higher if he played for a Victorian team. :banghead
Unleash the tornado

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 12:49:38 AM »
Rioli in the top 50 after only one season......Yeah Right.

On Perth radio tonight (6pr) they were whinging over the fact that there was only one docker on the list.They were also saying that Pav would be higher if he played for a Victorian team. :banghead

I don't know much but if the likes of Pav, J Brown, B Fevola & N Riewoldt aren't more value to their teams than Hodge I'll go hey.
Would be a brave man to swap a hbf for a key forward. Seems his brave deeds in the finals last have distorted people's views considerably on his overall value.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 08:41:29 AM »
I don't know much but if the likes of Pav, J Brown, B Fevola & N Riewoldt aren't more value to their teams than Hodge I'll go hey.
Would be a brave man to swap a hbf for a key forward. Seems his brave deeds in the finals last have distorted people's views considerably on his overall value.

I think quite a few Hawks were a little overrated by Mike.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 07:59:08 PM »
I'd have Luke Hodge at Punt Rd in an instant. A gun who is tough as nails, solid body, excellent foot skills and decision making, and is versatile enough to play midfield, the 'quarterback' role across HB, as well as pushes forward to kick goals. He's ahead of Judd over the past 2 years that's for sure.

Would be a brave man to swap a hbf for a key forward.
We must have had plenty of brave men at Punt Rd over the past 25 years  :whistle ;D