Author Topic: Back besieged Terry Wallace: footy fans (Herald-Sun)  (Read 424 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Back besieged Terry Wallace: footy fans (Herald-Sun)
« on: April 20, 2009, 06:38:19 AM »
Back besieged Terry Wallace: footy fans
Julie Tullberg, Lee Crossley | April 19, 2009 07:44pm

FOOTY fans have urged Richmond supporters to back embattled coach Terry Wallace instead of criticising him in the wake of the Tigers' fourth loss this year.

Heraldsun.com.au has been inundated with comments from footy fans who are backing Wallace, saying sacking him was not the answer of the Tigers' on-field woes.

Some fans are slamming comments from supporters calling for Wallace's sacking.

Richmond lost to Melbourne, 14.16 (100) to 13.14 (92), demoralising Tigerland even further.

"I cannot believe Richmond supporters blame the coach. Twenty players have to accept a major part of their losses by god," David Cook, of Hallam, said.

"I barrack for Melbourne and have for years - no coach should be sacked mid-season. Get off his back, you whingers"

Robert Richardson, of Gisborne, said the responsibility should rest with the players and not just the coach.

"I can't believe you guys all blaming Terry, " Mr Richardson said.

"It's more the players' fault then anyone else's. Get off Terry's back and have a good look at what's happening around him support him.

"That's what Richmond supporters are all about."
David Vivian, of Melbourne, said Wallace should have resigned during today's match.

"Terry Wallace, if he had any dignity and understanding of reality, would have resigned at the 8 minute mark of the second quarter," Mr Vivian said.

"The fact that the best players were Bowden and Richardson, two of the players he did not oversee, is the largest damnation of his failed ploy as a manager of these overpaid players.

"Perhaps they have been over-coached. So, hands off Terry."

All 130+ comments here:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25354836-19742,00.html#latest-comments