Author Topic: Please, Terry, just go!  (Read 7317 times)

Jackstar is back

Re: Please, Terry, just go!
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2009, 12:39:46 PM »
must say this.
The beginning of the end was the way he handled both Gaspar and Kellaway.
Internally it was poor.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2009, 12:40:29 PM »

Hi Moi, i will try and keep this civil too, but what you say about getting the right person like TW who puts the club in front of his own success is rubbish.
What's with everyone being civil business, never stopped none of you before from saying what you thought  ::)

He may have topped up with a few, but his primary aim was to turn over the list with a new group of kids coming through. He achieved that, but were they the right kids.  Have they been given every opportunity to develop?  They're the questions that should be asked, but everyone wants to pigeonhole one bloke and not look at the bigger picture.

Recruiting
Development
Coaching
Administration
Mentoring

I'm sure there's more than just Terry Wallace.
I agree with everyone who says he should go.  It hasn't worked, but stop this crap about him recruiting Bowden and McMahon and look at other things.  Not only is it boring, you're missing the greater picture and what we really need to do.  You don't like it, don't just sit there and bag unmercifully or bring up the same garbage every time, offer some suggestions about how we can do things better would be a better way to go methinks.

Now the players coming through, if all of them played like Alex Rance did yesterday, head over the ball and going hard, take no prisoners, we will be a better club  :thumbsup

Your right it is boring letting you know names to back up a debate. Maybe it's time for you to read your original post about TW going down the rebuild path shyt and doing things for the RFC not himself crap, sorry to bring facts into it.
And also about the "greater picture" i'm pretty sure the drafting and trading of players is a pretty f@#king big picture in the endevours to try and improve!
I hope that is not civil enough for you.

Moi

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2009, 12:40:52 PM »
must say this.
Internally it was poor.

If he kept them you'd be whinging we didn't play the kids.
Can't have it both ways
Their time was up.

Moi

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2009, 12:44:25 PM »

Your right it is boring letting you know names to back up a debate. Maybe it's time for you to read your original post about TW going down the rebuild path shyt and doing things for the RFC not himself crap, sorry to bring facts into it.
And also about the "greater picture" i'm pretty sure the drafting and trading of players is a pretty f@#king big picture in the endevours to try and improve!
I hope that is not civil enough for you.
You're not worth giving an argument back.
Just read my past posts
I don't shy away from them
I still support Wallace having a go and what he did
Only your type would still want big fat Billy Nicholls running around
I was glad to see the end of the players Wallace inherited.
But through no support from the club - ie development, recruiting, backstabbing behind the scenes, it is no surprise it didn't work.

Tigermonk

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2009, 12:46:34 PM »
Paul Hudson  :thumbsup

Jackstar is back

« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2009, 12:49:34 PM »
must say this.
Internally it was poor.

If he kept them you'd be whinging we didn't play the kids.
Can't have it both ways
Their time was up.

Their time wasnt up, although the recuiting of Kingsley ,Graham, Knobell didnt help the situation.
You have to realise a few things.
Wallet used Gaspar as a mentor for the younger players.
The young players looked up to Gas and Chubba.
They both could of played to years end. By memory he chopped Gas after round 5.

We dont  play younger players now do we ?
have had enough of schulz etc etc.
We should play Putt, Browne( what happened to him after round 1 )
Where is Thursfield ??
And blood all players that havent played, at least you know what you have ready or not ready.
Essendon as an example dont have any trouble giving young players a  game who arent ready.
They usually get sucked along with the Hype and they play okay.

Tigermonk

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2009, 12:49:58 PM »
get over Gasper.  he got shafted by Richmond when he was most needed around the club to teach the youngsters the game
l will send you a picture of him in my backyard playing footy with my kids if that helps. his enjoying life away from the Tigers

Jackstar is back

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2009, 12:51:06 PM »
Monk, thats right
We chopped players who bled yellow and black for one of terrys friend PAUL HUDSON. WTF

Moi

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2009, 12:52:59 PM »
Monk, thats right
We chopped players who bled yellow and black for one of terrys friend PAUL HUDSON. WTF
Everyone on here was praising Paul Hudson the other day
Hard to keep up with you guys lol  :rollin

Jackstar is back

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2009, 12:53:25 PM »
get over Gasper.  he got shafted by Richmond when he was most needed around the club to teach the youngsters the game
l will send you a picture of him in my backyard playing footy with my kids if that helps. his enjoying life away from the Tigers

Your right .
Gas was there to teach the younger players.
I remember talking to Will and Dave Rodan one day that the player they respected alot and learnt alot from was Gas.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2009, 12:55:14 PM »
Monk, thats right

Moi, as a player he was finished when he got to us. Was thankfull for a years salary
As a coach, he is at Collingwood as an assistant

Moi

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2009, 01:02:51 PM »
Monk, thats right

Moi, as a player he was finished when he got to us. Was thankfull for a years salary
As a coach, he is at Collingwood as an assistant
So you're blaming Wallace for Frawley picking him up?
I've heard it all  :banghead

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2009, 01:39:15 PM »
They both could of played to years end. By memory he chopped Gas after round 5.

For memory he was going to drop Gaspar back to Coburg. He didn't chop him - Gaspar walked away rather than sticking it out, Gaspar made the choice.

And big tone... it is Putts 2nd season not third

Can someone please explain to me how sackng the coach now will mean we will get the best coach available for 2010.... sacking a coach will guarantee we don't get the best coach available for 2010... Our hysterical history tells us that...

One of the saddest things is we will have a new coach in 2010 and he will no doubt get us either into the 8 or close to it in 2010 and so many people will say he is a genius and our saviour. But pounds to peanuts within 3 years we will be where are now and the same people lauding him will baying for his blood when the baying should be for some our players the senior ones in particular who show no leadership and I question whether they really give a stuff
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2009, 02:10:27 PM »
Can someone please explain to me how sackng the coach now will mean we will get the best coach available for 2010.... sacking a coach will guarantee we don't get the best coach available for 2010... Our hysterical history tells us that...

Exactly he is gone anyway, no finals 2009 no TW it is/was plain and simple.  It seems like people just want revenge or to have humiliation visited upon TW.

He is not winning us games at the moment and if we miss finals that is probably exactly what we want, ie better draft picks.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2009, 02:23:19 PM »
He and others like him are a classic example of the type of supporters that are a cancer in our club and until they either change their ways or leave, I fear the losses will continue. Never once have I heard anything constructive come out of their mouths, they just continue to take the easy out and say sack the coach, sack the coach. Well....we have been regularly sacking coaches for the past 30 years and where has it gotten us??? This club has been pandering to our more militant supporters for far too long and it has to stop. The culture of losing in our club is not due to people who have stepped up and had a crack at trying to gain success for us, its the people in the shadows with their knives waiting for them to fall.

The times may change but the song remains the same.....for some.

Go Tigers...Now and forever, regardless of results!  :gotigers

Great post tiga

And for the bit I've highlighted never has a truer word been spoken

The faceless cowards who see this CLub as their own personal possession with their knives stabbing away will always hold this Club back

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)