Author Topic: Next Coach  (Read 2777 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Next Coach
« on: May 18, 2009, 04:23:02 PM »
My vote is Nathan Buckely.

Realistically other than the following I can't see any other coach been chosen:

Buckley
Longmuire
Campbell
Hardwick
Malthouse
Williams
Bond
Go Tigers!

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Next Coach
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 04:37:16 PM »
Buckley will never come to a club Richmond. The only clubs he would coach would be Collingwood,Geelong Ess or Carlton.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 04:42:14 PM »
1.Malthouse for mine. Has a history of getting players to perform to their potential and get even average teams into premiership contention. Won't take any #$%^ from anyone and will change our poor culture. Can develop the kids while demanding success. We don't need a purely developmental coach now we need someone to work with the list we have and turn them into a cohesive unit. Micks is the coach who has the repeated track record in achieving this.

2.Harwick has always been a hard nosed little pri.ck who demands players to put their heads over the ball and win the hurt the opposition with their attack. All the best coaches have been made in a similiar mold - Matthews, Voss, Sheedy, Clarkson. He also has been part of two premierships at two different clubs as an assistant. He could be a great fit for our developing side.

3. Scott - see above but with less experience and success at multiple clubs
4. Williams (runs on the board)
5. Bond (success at other clubs, would appease the Tiger Faithful)
6. Longmuire (may be to defensive)
7. Campbell (needs more experience)
8. Buckley (too arrogant, too ignorant, too Collingwood  :P)

Stripes

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »
Guys we need to forget about Buckley

HE CANT STAND OUR FOOTBALL CLUB. ITS NOT ONLY WHAT HE SAYS ABOUT RICHMOND ITS HOW HE SAYS IT.

Personally id love Malthouse to come back and whipe that smile of nayfe's face.

i dont know who i want out of Hardwick, Mick or Hinkley but i know it wont be Buckley

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 06:18:45 PM »
Is this another next coach thread, stuff me that must be about 50 now, at least 2-3 of these are started every week. Could the moderators plaese make one a sticky thread and delete all the others.??????????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline gtig

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 06:20:31 PM »
i hope we go for a younger coach but seems clear buckley wouldn't be in it for love.
malthouse i tend to agree with people who think his time has passed, might be swapping plough for someone very similar.
ken hinkley sounds interesting, as do many others..
chocco i'm convinced we'll end up with one way or another though.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 07:46:56 PM »
Watching the interview with Williams in the rooms straight after the game he seemed to go to an extraordinary length to talk us up as opposition.  I thought at the time he seemed to be either making a very public show of support for Wallace or laying the groundwork for a tilt at a coaching position.  I might be wrong but it just really stood out to me - he was almost falling over his own words in an effort to get them out.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 07:59:04 PM »
I would prefer Malthouse but for two year for similar reason the Stripes and some other the other good guys mentioned. If he toughened us up and made us accountable I would  happy.
We should give him that two years to turn over and build the list to something that will give us hope. If he does that well then look at extending the contract.
Knights seems to give that to Essendon at the moment.

I wonder if Mathews who coach again or is he past it.

After Malthouse , I still like Buckley would be good in the same vain as Knights.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 08:03:02 PM »
Watching the interview with Williams in the rooms straight after the game he seemed to go to an extraordinary length to talk us up as opposition.  I thought at the time he seemed to be either making a very public show of support for Wallace or laying the groundwork for a tilt at a coaching position.  I might be wrong but it just really stood out to me - he was almost falling over his own words in an effort to get them out.

Damn right Smokey, look I did not see that interview but when I read in the paper today his comments about us troubling the top final sides it really got me thinking. I have only ever heard him comment on us once before and it was along the lines of; well we (Port) got dragged into playing the same scrappy game that our opposition was playing today and we still got the win. That comment was about two years ago and I will always remember it, thats why I could not believe his comments about us today. I have never heard him say a good word about us.......... watch this space. :shh

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 08:04:22 PM »
Given Collingwood's form and gameplan this year I'm liking the Malthouse option less and less

Hardwick or Hinkley for mine

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 08:30:36 PM »
Given Collingwood's form and gameplan this year I'm liking the Malthouse option less and less

Hardwick or Hinkley for mine
The million dollar question remains....Has the game gone past Mick OR Has he just gone stale at Collingwood like he did at West Coast.

Based on his reputation-He seems a perfect fit for the Tiigers...but I dont claim to Know anything.
Unleash the tornado

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 08:41:24 PM »
Hardwick, Longmire or Williams for mine but how do we know the Tigers won't pull a smokey out of the box like the Bombers did with Knights......... maybe Sumich.

"Rucks:

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 08:54:21 PM »
What about Ash Prescott, he deserves a mention maybe an interview!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 09:00:55 PM »
What about Ash Prescott, he deserves a mention maybe an interview!

Now that we are over that one......... ::), we can move right along.

"Rucks:

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 09:07:34 PM »
Damn right Smokey, look I did not see that interview but when I read in the paper today his comments about us troubling the top final sides it really got me thinking. I have only ever heard him comment on us once before and it was along the lines of; well we (Port) got dragged into playing the same scrappy game that our opposition was playing today and we still got the win. That comment was about two years ago and I will always remember it, thats why I could not believe his comments about us today. I have never heard him say a good word about us.......... watch this space. :shh

Doesn't want to burn any bridges  ;)
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do