Author Topic: Not a popular thread BUT ...  (Read 3050 times)

Ramps

Not a popular thread BUT ...
« on: May 31, 2009, 09:40:28 AM »
Why is everyone so excited after yesterdays win. Ive seen this movie so many times its not funny. A cheap meaningless win. And this time it was against

1) A team that had no interchange in the last quarter - Zero players on the bench
2) A team that only had 17 fit players on the ground for the last 10 minutes of the match
3) A team that is almost as bad as us and thats reflected by there position on the ladder
4) Our team included blokes who wont be playing beyond this season.

The ramifications of wins like this could be disastrous. West Coast are clearly tanking. Melbourne wont win 5 games this season. North is shot and Freo could start to tank if they see the season slipping. If we arent smart we could end up in 12th position but only with pick 7 as our first pick in the national draft. People are jumping up and down, supposedly happy, but once again we will all be crying as our opponents get the best junior players and we end up with players like JON. Its not worth it ... and last night wasnt worth it, winning by 3 points against that team in those circumstances- is not in the best interests of RFC.

Moi

Re: Not a popular thread BUT ...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 09:56:01 AM »
Because it was momentarily uplifting
And in a year of absolute carnage, we needed it  :thumbsup

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 09:56:44 AM »
most of there injuries were soft caused by lack of heart and over inflated head, eg headland
they had 3 injuries, we had 2 . they were at home , we were away

gutsy win, and we will be better for it

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 10:02:05 AM »
Exactly

The win highlights why we have been so poor in 25 years.

Cheap meaningless wins that prove NOTHING.

End up with dud draft picks whilst others around secure the Scully and Butcher's of this world.

Blues did and they are flying whilst aanother mid table finish will see us in no man's land.

Last uncompromised draft and with a new coach to be announced, March should be demanding the kids be played not rubbish individuals like Simmonds who cant even hold a sentence let alone a mark
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 10:08:17 AM »
I'm certainly not excited about the win and would like to make 4 or more changes to the side as we normally would after a loss.

The senior players, except for Cousins, were ALL a liablity last night and produced nothing a kid couldn't do, especially with Rance & Graham coming back.

If we'd run out the end of the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter like we did in the first 25 mins of the 3rd quarter, then I'd feel a lot better. The fact we struggled to fall over the line against a team with at times no interchange players looked like we were trying to lose but couldn't even do that right.

It feels nice to get the 4 points and it feels good to win a close one, but the reality is we didn't win against much. I'm hardly going to rant on like daniel161 who thinks it's pointless though as we can still win 2 more and get the extra pick.

We MUST drop Simmonds, Brown & Bowden!!!

Ramps

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 10:13:39 AM »
If we had won and say Vickery, Post and Rance had been in instead of Brown, Simmonds and Bowden, then Id say fair enough, the Kids won and the Kids need to learn how to win, but winning with the side we won with in those circumstances isnt helpful to our future. Winning against a team that had no bench and was playing 17 v 18 for the last 10 minutes on the field ... just isnt going to help us in the longer term.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 10:19:37 AM »
I'm certainly not excited about the win and would like to make 4 or more changes to the side as we normally would after a loss.

The senior players, except for Cousins, were ALL a liablity last night and produced nothing a kid couldn't do, especially with Rance & Graham coming back.

If we'd run out the end of the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter like we did in the first 25 mins of the 3rd quarter, then I'd feel a lot better. The fact we struggled to fall over the line against a team with at times no interchange players looked like we were trying to lose but couldn't even do that right.

It feels nice to get the 4 points and it feels good to win a close one, but the reality is we didn't win against much. I'm hardly going to rant on like daniel161 who thinks it's pointless though as we can still win 2 more and get the extra pick.

not wrong about the last sentence although Bowden was the one who delivered the pass to Morton who kicked the winning goal.

Infamy we will be having this conversation after we beat the Eagles in 2 weeks, make no mistake about that. Another meaningless win coming with the same old retirees leading the way, Simmonds, Brown and Bowden.

Our forward is so non existent at the moment and Jack needs help so how people would not prefer a Butcher in that forward line is beyond me.

PLAY THE KIDS FFS AND IF WE WIN WITH THEM SO BE IT BUT THIS IS POINTLESS AND PROVES NOTHING.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 10:23:42 AM »
Yeah Ramps come on mate, why can't we just say what a great win, or do you like losing every week????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Ramps

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 10:26:15 AM »
Yeah Ramps come on mate, why can't we just say what a great win, or do you like losing every week????

I fully understand where your coming from and last night I was elated that we won, but in whole light of day, thinking about the ramifications of it all ... I just feel like winning these types of games where the opposition is as bad as us and that they were playing short for long periods of the game ... I just sense that these wins again will bite us on the arse.

Ramps

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 10:28:06 AM »
Draft wise we could get 2 18 19 35 51 but if we dont tank we could end up with 7 23 39 55 ... which set of numbers would be better for our future?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 10:31:24 AM »

not wrong about the last sentence although Bowden was the one who delivered the pass to Morton who kicked the winning goal.
One play in the whole game should not mean a player keeps his spot. I remember watching and was absolutely gobsmacked that he took posession of the ball and instantly started running FORWARD. Shame the game needs to be in the balance for him to start doing what he should be all the time. He played in defence and barely touched the ball, I constantly saw him standing 5-10m off a player who marked in the Freo forward 50. With Rance coming in, Bowden should make way.

Infamy we will be having this conversation after we beat the Eagles in 2 weeks, make no mistake about that. Another meaningless win coming with the same old retirees leading the way, Simmonds, Brown and Bowden.

Our forward is so non existent at the moment and Jack needs help so how people would not prefer a Butcher in that forward line is beyond me.

PLAY THE KIDS FFS AND IF WE WIN WITH THEM SO BE IT BUT THIS IS POINTLESS AND PROVES NOTHING.
I agree we should play the kids, however I wouldn't assume we will beat West Coast just yet, we struggled to beat a pretty average team who were out on their feet at the end of the game.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 10:31:50 AM »
Who cares, you play footy to win not for draft picks!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 10:46:17 AM »

One play in the whole game should not mean a player keeps his spot. I remember watching and was absolutely gobsmacked that he took posession of the ball and instantly started running FORWARD. Shame the game needs to be in the balance for him to start doing what he should be all the time. He played in defence and barely touched the ball, I constantly saw him standing 5-10m off a player who marked in the Freo forward 50. With Rance coming in, Bowden should make way.

I agree we should play the kids, however I wouldn't assume we will beat West Coast just yet, we struggled to beat a pretty average team who were out on their feet at the end of the game.

Yes Rance to make way for Bowden, that part is very true.

I want them all out, if that means Richo too then so be it.

It does nothing for us to see these has beens running around.

Just one thing Infamy you cant be serious we wont beat the Eagles. They are tanking and with possibly no Kerr we will beat them convincingly and leave us again in no man's land.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 10:52:20 AM »

Yes Rance to make way for Bowden, that part is very true.

I want them all out, if that means Richo too then so be it.

It does nothing for us to see these has beens running around.

Just one thing Infamy you cant be serious we wont beat the Eagles. They are tanking and with possibly no Kerr we will beat them convincingly and leave us again in no man's land.
I think it's pretty stupid to just assume we'll win, Wallace has admitted he won't be here next year, he may not even be coach then
Who's to know we won't be tanking ourselves?
Rance for Bowden & Graham for Simmonds should be the easy decisions.

Ox

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 11:18:23 AM »
stuff off ramps.

who's xcited ?

Sick of u talking like u have all the answers - ur full of poo.

Go and make a difference instead of talking in ideals.

If it is so easy,y dont u,jak and u little bitch DANI go to Punt road and take action...at least then.those of us who experience unwarranted excitement will stand corrected.

LMFAO dude - give it a spell and go watch the socce vfuck off ramps.

who's xcited ?

If it is so easy,y dont u,jak and u little bitch DANI go to Punt road and take action...at least then.those of us who experience unwarranted excitement will stand corrected.

LMFAO dude-give us a bfuck off ramps.

who's xcited ?

LMFAO dude-give me a break vre' !