Author Topic: Jade Rawlings heads list of Terry Wallace replacements (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1072 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jade Rawlings heads list of Terry Wallace replacements
Jon Ralph | June 01, 2009

RICHMOND assistants Jade Rawlings and Wayne Campbell head the list of caretaker coaches to take over from Terry Wallace.

However, the pool of prospective candidates to coach the club in 2010 is wide open after the club announced today that Wallace would be standing down after Friday night's match against the Bulldogs.

Rawlings was seen as likely to take over from Wallace a fortnight ago if he failed to survive a crisis meeting, despite his close relationship with his senior coach.

Campbell was lured back to the club to groom him as a potential senior coach, but it is known he is not sure whether he is ready to take on a senior list yet.

Wallace confidante Brian Royal’s total loyalty to his long-time friend is seen as an impediment to him taking on a caretaking role.

Fellow assistant David King could also easily take on the role given he is not seen as a potential senior coach who would do his chances harm with a poor showing as a caretaker coach.

Richmond head of football Craig Cameron said today the club had already considered the process to appoint a caretaker but would only reveal its choice after Wallace’s last game against the Bulldogs on Friday night.

Who do you think should take over from Wallace? Have your say below.

As for the club’s head role in 2010, the Tigers are likely to go through a detailed search which could appoint any of a dozen candidates.

Sydney’s John Longmire, Fremantle’s Chris Bond, Geelong’s Ken Hinkley, Adelaide’s Todd Viney, West Coast’s Scott Burns and Hawthorn’s Damian Hardwick lead the pack of inexperienced coaches who could be interviewed.

But it is a pair of Pies who will lead the debate.

Former Collingwood captain Nathan Buckley is seen as the most exciting coaching prospect in a generation, and could easily throw his hat into the ring.

Conversely, if Buckley is eventually appointed by Collingwood then Mick Malthouse would be an enviable prospect as an experienced coach.

It is know Richmond is more likely to favour a younger coach, but nothing would surprise.

Richmond plays in the first week of the split round – against West Coast on June 13 – so the club will likely make its announcement on a caretaker immediately after the Bulldogs' clash.

CARETAKER CANDIDATES

JADE RAWLINGS

Playing career: 135 games with Hawthorn and the Western Bulldogs between 1996 and 2004.

Coaching experience: Has coached Coburg Tigers for the past few seasons. Was Richmond's forwards coach last season, before taking on a player development role this year.

WAYNE CAMPBELL

Playing career: 297 games between 1991-2005. Former Richmond captain and four-time club champion.

Coaching experience: Two years as assistant coach at Western Bulldogs, and Richmond assisant coach this season.

DAVID KING

Playing career: Between 1994-2004 played 241 games for North Melbourne, including two premierships.

Coaching experience: Went straight into coaching after he retired, and has again been responsible for looking after Richmond's backline in 2009.

CRAIG McRAE

Playing career: A triple premiership player in his 195 games for the Brisbane Lions between 1995-2004.

Coaching experience: After steering the Queensland U18s to the Division Two title at the national championships, he joined Richmond and has taken on the role of Football Development Manager.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25568437-19742,00.html

Moi

Re: Jade Rawlings heads list of Terry Wallace replacements (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 07:21:57 PM »
I thought Jade was one of the ones that was going to get the sack according to Jack

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 07:32:55 PM »
JADE RAWLINGS

Playing career: 135 games with Hawthorn and the Western Bulldogs between 1996 and 2004.

Coaching experience: Has coached Coburg Tigers for the past few seasons. Was Richmond's forwards coach last season, before taking on a player development role this year.

That record is so unbelievably poor to be considering front runner for an AFL coaching role whether it be caretaker or not. I understand he has great support from some of the Coburg guys which is great but for mine you need more than that.
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 07:34:20 PM »
JADE RAWLINGS

That record is so unbelievably poor to be considering front runner for an AFL coaching role whether it be caretaker or not. I understand he has great support from some of the Coburg guys which is great but for mine you need more than that.

If you applied the theory your using with Rawlings - Popelord, Clarkson wouldn't be at Hawthorn or a premiership coach  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 07:56:24 PM »
I thought Jade was one of the ones that was going to get the sack according to Jack

why dont you read.
I have said the Rawlings would be the caretaker coach.
I didnt say that he will neccessary be at PUNT RD in 2010.
Your an imbecile MOI

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 08:11:17 PM »

why dont you read.
I have said the Rawlings would be the caretaker coach.
I didnt say that he will neccessary be at PUNT RD in 2010.
Your an imbecile MOI
[/quote
You might be getting Jack mixed up with Daniel, Moi! They are one and the same!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 08:24:56 PM »
JADE RAWLINGS

If you applied the theory your using with Rawlings - Popelord, Clarkson wouldn't be at Hawthorn or a premiership coach  ::)
I dunno about that WP, Clarkson was an assistant coach with Port Adelaide when they won a premiership

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 08:27:04 PM »

I dunno about that WP, Clarkson was an assistant coach with Port Adelaide when they won a premiership

Compare their playing records Infamy.

And wasn't Clarkson "relieved" of his duties prior to Port's premiership because he was in line for the Hawthorn gig?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 08:29:49 PM »

Compare their playing records Infamy.

And wasn't Clarkson "relieved" of his duties prior to Port's premiership because he was in line for the Hawthorn gig?

Thats a good point WP but Clarkson wanted the job and pitched his backside off to get the position, Rawlinsg would be basically handed the job with a very very under qualified resume. But who knows it coudl pay off and I'd hope he'd be more inclined to play some of Gourdis, Vickory, Thompson etc
Go Tigers!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 09:59:31 PM »
JADE RAWLINGS

ok so i take it you are questioning his playing record , does that elevate Wayne Carey to top of the list...How did Al clarksons playing CV compare ???
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 10:11:06 PM »
Would hope Jade Rawlings if he got the gig for the remainder of the season would not coach the seniors in 2010. I think all assistants at the club are deficient and underqualified.

Royal would be a Terry clone
King does not seem the most affable and approachable bloke.
Campbell severely underqualified and inexperienced and the type of bloke that would put himself first and not the club as many have expressed about Terry.
Rawlings, Coburg is doing ok and I can't see what good it will do if we disrupt Coburg and the development of players at Coburg by moving him to RFC. Who'll replace him at Coburg? Campbell oh please by season end 2011 Campbell will have taken the Wiltshire staysharps from Sticks at Carlton and firmly have placed them strategically into the back of Jade.

I guess for 11 games one of them will do but not beyond that. No faaken way.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 12:53:40 AM »
JADE RAWLINGS

thats right wp
even hafey was a wonderful coach but a very average player

jade has shown with the burgers he can coach and has a damn good game plan