Author Topic: Omega Cricket Club Charity Game  (Read 1612 times)

froars

Omega Cricket Club Charity Game
« on: October 18, 2004, 01:23:17 PM »
The Omega cricket match is on again and is a good day out if you like just sitting around in the sun watching footballers playing bad cricket lol.  I think i've missed only one match - is a good day out and is for charity.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=insidetheclub&spg=aroundtheclubdisplay&articleid=174968

Calling all Tiger fans who like a good, old-fashioned cricket match on a Sunday afternoon!

On November 28 from 1.00pm, current and former Richmond players will take on the Omega Cricket Club, in the battle for the Mike Smith Cup at Bricker Reserve in Moorabbin. The Tiger team will be captained by none other than the ‘Flea’ (Dale Weightman), and a panel of celebrity umpires will officiate.

Mike Smith, brother of long serving Richmond trainer Chris Smith, passed away from cancer in July, 2001. The first Mike Smith Cup match held in late 2000, helped to raise money for Mike’s treatment.

Since then, proceeds from this annual event are donated to a different charity chosen each year. This year’s recipient will be ‘Very Special Kids’. You may have heard of them through the ‘Piggy Bank’ appeals they hold each year. They act as a support network and help to improve the quality of life for families of children with life-threatening illnesses.

The best thing is, this fun day is free for all to attend, with loads of activities for kids including a jumping castle, jungle gym and an MFB Fire Bus for them to explore.

There will also be show bags on offer (some free of charge), food and drink outlets as well as an auction containing a variety of interesting items. You can even do some early Christmas shopping at the Tiger Merchandise stall, which will be set up on the day.

So, pencil this date in your diary and come and join us for what will be a fantastic day! Bring the family along and have a picnic or buy a snag off the ‘barbie’. Otherwise, bring a group of your mates along and have a good laugh! Get into the community spirit and watch the Richmond boys take on the Omega Cricket Club, in their quest to retain the Mike Smith Cup. We look forward to seeing you there.

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
Re: Omega Cricket Club Charity Game
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 01:40:03 PM »
Hopefully we draft deledio at 1 and he plays. He is a gun cricketer. the draft is on the 20th and this game is the 28th so you would think he could play.
wrenny

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 04:33:51 PM »
I think charity extends to the opposition as well in this game wrenny.
I used to play indoor cricket in a comp which included a team of Richmond players. Flea was a member of that team and I can tell you no gun cricketers have been named in that promotion posted by froars. 8) ;D
I hope we take Deledio at 1 as well, but he should steer clear of this game in case he kills someone.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

froars

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 06:03:15 PM »
I remember years ago some players, including Tony Free, used to play mixed netball.
Maybe they should stick to that Fish lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 11:47:09 PM »
I remember years ago some players, including Tony Free, used to play mixed netball.

Something tells me our very own froars was playing and manned up on Richo lol  :lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 05:35:15 PM »
Just a reminder for those thinking of going that the Omega CC game is on this Sunday

----------------------

Omega Cricket Club Charity Game
richmondfc.com.au
3:10:32 PM Tue 16 November, 2004

Calling all Tiger fans who like a good, old-fashioned cricket match on a Sunday afternoon!

On November 28 from 1.00pm, current and former Richmond players will take on the Omega Cricket Club, in the battle for the Mike Smith Cup at Bricker Reserve in Moorabbin.

The Tiger team will be captained by none other than the ‘Flea’ (Dale Weightman), and a panel of celebrity umpires will officiate.

Players competing in the match are Troy Simmonds, Andrew Raines, Thomas Roach, Matthew Rogers, Daniel Jackson, Kelvin Moore, and David King.

There will be special appearances on the day from Brian Royal, Neville Crowe, Mark Coughlan, Ray Hall, Andy Kellaway, Matthew Richardson, Andrew Krakouer, Jason Cloke, Travis Cloke, Cameron Cloke, David Cloke, Bernie Quinlan, Doug Hawkins, Kostas Kilias, Nathan Brown (Melbourne) and Ryan Ferguson.

Mike Smith, brother of long serving Richmond trainer Chris Smith, passed away from cancer in July, 2001. The first Mike Smith Cup match held in late 2000, helped to raise money for Mike’s treatment.

Since then, proceeds from this annual event are donated to a different charity chosen each year. This year’s recipient will be ‘Very Special Kids’. You may have heard of them through the ‘Piggy Bank’ appeals they hold each year. They act as a support network and help to improve the quality of life for families of children with life-threatening illnesses.

The best thing is, this fun day is free for all to attend, with loads of activities for kids including a jumping castle, jungle gym, the Victoria police youth bus and MFB Fire Bus for them to explore.

There will also be show bags on offer (some free of charge), food and drink outlets as well as an auction containing a variety of interesting items.

So, pencil this date in your diary and come and join us for what will be a fantastic day! Bring the family along and have a picnic or buy a snag off the ‘barbie’. Otherwise, bring a group of your mates along and have a good laugh! Get into the community spirit and watch the Richmond boys take on the Omega Cricket Club, in their quest to retain the Mike Smith Cup. We look forward to seeing you there.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=insidetheclub&spg=aroundtheclubdisplay&articleid=177730
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 05:59:30 PM »
I'm going unless it rains - should be good.