Author Topic: Bowden retires [merged]  (Read 20708 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: All over for Joel / Bowden to retire according to Hutchy
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2009, 02:05:36 PM »

that is whats disgraceful about our club.

None of those names you have mentioned will be the future for the RFC so why should they get a gig before Bowden.

Brown has done SFA at Coburg and there is no reason why he should get picked before Bowden.

FFS give the guy some respect. RFC are a disgrace the way they have handled this. Bowden is a stuff i n professional and i dont know him from a bar of soup but you may be hard pressed to find a nicer guy in the AFL.

we r stuffed.
By that post daniel im assuming that you think Bowden is the future of the club and not Edwards?
Is Bowden in his 30's and Edwards in his very early 20's with improvement in each game he has played recently?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2009, 02:12:29 PM »

that is whats disgraceful about our club.

None of those names you have mentioned will be the future for the RFC so why should they get a gig before Bowden.

Brown has done SFA at Coburg and there is no reason why he should get picked before Bowden.

FFS give the guy some respect. RFC are a disgrace the way they have handled this. Bowden is a stuff i n professional and i dont know him from a bar of soup but you may be hard pressed to find a nicer guy in the AFL.

we r stuffed.
By that post daniel im assuming that you think Bowden is the future of the club and not Edwards?
Is Bowden in his 30's and Edwards in his very early 20's with improvement in each game he has played recently?

read my past posts again.

Bowden is not our future much like Edwards, King, Brown, Mclovin, Schulz, JON and Patterson but right now we have given everyone a go. Anyone with a heart beat knows those players are useless so what harm is it to give Bowden a go. Why Brown and not Bowden explain that to me??

i dont care how old they are i care if they can play.

right now Bowden should be playing out his final few games while the rest of those hacks should be at Coburg where they belong.

Edwards is not going to win you a flag simple as that. skinny little players that Wallace used to rub his gonads over is not what we need at this club.

I want players next year who are going to block, tackle and shepherd for each other and Edwards is as skinny as my 4 year old cousin so he should be let go for draft picks.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2009, 02:39:36 PM »
However, the Tigers are keen to continue a relationship with the 264-game player, who was originally recruited from the Northern Territory and went on to claim All-Australian jumpers in 2005 and '06.

Joel is going to turn his back on the club & will tell why he was banished from the senior side.
While players like Edwards, Jon, McMahon get games before him when they cant even get best on ground at Coburg :rollin the future of Richmond please. can tell you all,  none of these players will be close to 10 year players or be half the player Bowden was between them all together
14 years & treated like poo   :banghead no wonder supporters & family are angry. Even some of the largest football personalities cant understand  :banghead
why dont Richmond release a statement to the media. Cause its too embarrassing & petty for the club

And that is why I and others would call him a selfish nobody if he was to do that. 264 games thanks for the service but the club and its agenda is bigger than ANY player and the reputation he has that preceeds it.  For him to go and do that it would be more of a slur to his character and reputation than the clubs after 13 years. Get over the fact he is not playing next year and move on. It's examples of self righteousness as this if it were to occur that leave the club in the dark ages due to antequated thinking.

So if a 20 year old who is struggling is kept on for one or two more seasons at the expense of a 31 year old when the club has adopted a youth policy then just a piece of advice go and follow Dads Army in Adelaide or Sydney and drool over 30 plus players who actually can play football. What do you think this is country Victoria where anyone can play 368 games in a two bit town at 45-50 years of age just to give the local economy a kickstart and the community a bit of togetherness. This is the AFL big bikkies for goodness sake.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2009, 03:50:18 PM »
Hey Daniel, lay off Edwards will ya?

His last month has been great. I think you've been having too many margeritas instead of watching the footy.

You keep saying trade him for draft picks, who is going to give us draft picks if he is as bad as you say?
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2009, 03:54:46 PM »
Bowden was an average player who was made to look good by the poor players around him for far too long. He lead our backline to be unaccountable, sidewards chippers who would always slow the ball up and look for an uncontested option rather than risk moving the ball forward and turning it over. Bowden was a beautiful kick and level headed but he played in a style that was better suited to the past than to the future.

If that mean giving a younger player a chance to develop, even if they might not be as good now, then I would do that every day of the year given our current position as a club. Joel deserves a send off game for certain but claiming he deserves a spot in our current team is far too short sighted and unproductive.

Thanks for the memories Joel but now its time to build a team to finally give us some @#$%& success!!

Stripes

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »
Hey Daniel, lay off Edwards will ya?

His last month has been great. I think you've been having too many margeritas instead of watching the footy.

You keep saying trade him for draft picks, who is going to give us draft picks if he is as bad as you say?

I do not know this man named DallasCrane, but his thoughts on Edwards echo mine.  :rollin
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Tigermonk

« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2009, 05:56:55 PM »
Bowden was an average player who was made to look good by the poor players around him for far too long. He lead our backline to be unaccountable, sidewards chippers who would always slow the ball up and look for an uncontested option rather than risk moving the ball forward and turning it over. Bowden was a beautiful kick and level headed but he played in a style that was better suited to the past than to the future.

Stripes

Thats just crap what you wrote, how can you call a player average & made look good by the crap players around him.  :rollin
How many times has he put his body on the line, he stood out because his a

2 x All Australian player. thats in the top 22 selected player in all football not once but twice.  ;D If he was not good someone else would have been given his place so that stuffs up your theory  good & proper unless of coarse your a Australian qualified selector but we know your not cause you hang around here.

Anyone who dont admit Bowden was a top footballer is outrages & is not a true Richmond supporter. l bet you jump around screaming when his won or safed us games  :banghead

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2009, 06:56:24 PM »

Stripes

Thats just crap what you wrote, how can you call a player average & made look good by the crap players around him.  :rollin

2 x All Australian player. thats in the top 22 selected player in all football not once but twice.  ;D If he was not good someone else would have been given his place so that effs up your theory  good & proper unless of cobehind your a Australian qualified selector but we know your not cause you hang around here.

Anyone who dont admit Bowden was a top footballer is outrages & is not a true Richmond supporter. l bet you jump around screaming when his won or safed us games  :banghead

exactly.

i cant believe people would rather see a hack like Mclovin, or even King or Edwards in the team ahead of Bowden.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2009, 07:15:12 PM »

Joel deserves a send off game for certain but claiming he deserves a spot in our current team is far too short sighted and unproductive.

Short-sighted? What are you, some kind of self professed visionary who can look down on anyone not subscribing to your opinion?  :wallywink

How do you explain away the fact that Joel was 2nd in net metres gained in the competition when dropped when you claim sideways chipping by him? Or does your opinion override statistical fact as well?

Thanks for the memories Joel but now its time to build a team to finally give us some @#$%& success!!

Lots of good players, even some great ones (one a triple Brownlow medallist), have played in crap teams for no success. It wasn't their fault.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2009, 07:23:44 PM »

2 x All Australian player. thats in the top 22 selected player in all football not once but twice.  ;D If he was not good someone else would have been given his place so that effs up your theory  good & proper unless of cobehind your a Australian qualified selector but we know your not cause you hang around here.

[/quote]

You say this and yet in the same breath find it perfectly okay to bag Mattie Richardson. 
The problem with this style of posting is that it is so obvious your views are slanted heavily to one player - you could argue it is a individualistic type of barracking.

So TM, who do you barrack for, Richmond or Joel Bowden?

If he did play for another club would you switch allegiances?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back

« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2009, 09:36:27 PM »

If that mean giving a younger player a chance to develop, even if they might not be as good now, then I would do that every day of the year given our current position as a club. Joel deserves a send off game for certain but claiming he deserves a spot in our current team is far too short sighted and unproductive.

Stripes

This would be the worst post ever that I have read, and boy I have read some crap on this website
Joel an average player :banghead
You have no idea what so ever.  Do you actually go to the games?   ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2009, 01:40:49 AM »
There's one reason and one reason only why Joel isn't playing seniors - he's over 30 and won't be around next year. Being a veteran listed player also means the Club doesn't have to worry about whether a kid they'll pick up in November will offer any better value on our senior list than Joel. Joel's position on our list will be taken by a new rookie so it doesn't matter if it's a speculative pick. That's what the rookie list is for.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2009, 07:27:42 AM »
There's one reason and one reason only why Joel isn't playing seniors - he's over 30 and won't be around next year.
I hope there's more to it than that. He's on the list this year.

I thought he was going alright. I'll be interested to see where he was in the JDM after round 11 to gauge whether the match committee, coaches and whoever else votes thought so too.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Tigermonk

« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2009, 08:43:49 AM »

You say this and yet in the same breath find it perfectly okay to bag Mattie Richardson. 
The problem with this style of posting is that it is so obvious your views are slanted heavily to one player - you could argue it is a individualistic type of barracking.

So TM, who do you barrack for, Richmond or Joel Bowden?

If he did play for another club would you switch allegiances?

Ok lets get one thing straight, l have always liked Richo,  but to breed new forwards he must be moved on as his injury this year was serious.

You tell me what position is he going to play surely you dont beleive his going to take the wing & put in another RU Brownlow year 2 years on at 35 next year. Great icon of the club but time has come.

Now why l'm so Bowden at present has nothing to do with anything but the fact his a top footballer & his form this year was good. He should not have been dropped. What makes me more irate is that he has been BOG at least 3 times in his stint at VFL & Rawlings did say Coburg form would warrant a recall to the senior side. This is purely a lie & disrespectful to a person who puts the club before himself & keeps his thoughts to himself not running to the media.
The treatment to Joel Bowden as a footballer, l wish he would just walkout on the club & go into the draft to play on as his younger than Richo.
Now would l switch if he changes clubs, that is a stupid question. NO. Reading the paper this morning seeing him in a Geelong jumper was not good.
But aint it amazing they used him as a example as most people in football have said how much his been ill treated by a club his served well for 14 years.
A club dual Best & fairest winner & dual All-Australian & represented his country. Half the footballers would wish for them results in thier careers.
His VFL form is a good sign to draft him next year & get something out of him, while Richmond over the years has drafted Kingley, McMuffin, Knobel, and many others who were broken & had no VFL form, payed them unrealistic money & got nothing out of them at all now does that make sence.
Why l'm so mad about Richmond is thier constant bad decisions throughout the club over 3 decades & they have not learnt anything. And l hate how they must talk to the media about every little thing that the club does or sending players out to do thier dirty work. l will leave it there.

Tigermonk

« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2009, 08:50:20 AM »
There's one reason and one reason only why Joel isn't playing seniors - he's over 30 and won't be around next year. Being a veteran listed player also means the Club doesn't have to worry about whether a kid they'll pick up in November will offer any better value on our senior list than Joel. Joel's position on our list will be taken by a new rookie so it doesn't matter if it's a speculative pick. That's what the rookie list is for.

Crap its got nothing to do with his age, His form was good. His form in the VFL is good.
Does Richmond really want to win games or experiment so early in a season. We are the only club supporters going to games knowing we will lose but still turn up wishful thinking.
Tuck was another dropping that stumped the footy world. His averages in the league were close to best. everyone makes mistakes but football is all about winning & l dont see that at Tigerland with their selection panel.