Author Topic: Bowden retires [merged]  (Read 20715 times)

Tigermonk

Re: All over for Joel / Bowden to retire according to Hutchy
« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2009, 08:53:16 AM »
There's one reason and one reason only why Joel isn't playing seniors - he's over 30 and won't be around next year.
I hope there's more to it than that. He's on the list this year.

I thought he was going alright. I'll be interested to see where he was in the JDM after round 11 to gauge whether the match committee, coaches and whoever else votes thought so too.

So will l fishy

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2009, 03:00:36 AM »
This was posted by Tiggytam on Y&B....

It was announced that Joel played his last game at Coburg today, they clapped him off after the game.

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=267273&postcount=17

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2009, 04:52:36 AM »
This was posted by Tiggytam on Y&B....

It was announced that Joel played his last game at Coburg today, they clapped him off after the game.

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=267273&postcount=17
Well that pretty much confirms next week will be Joel's farewell game for Richmond.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2009, 09:58:56 AM »
Yes it surely is a new club next year for Joel

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2009, 10:05:50 AM »

Yup. Balwyn.

There is no chance an AFL club will be picking him up.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2009, 10:19:05 AM »

Hopefully he gets us a 2nd rounder  :pray
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

TigerTimeII

« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2009, 11:30:43 AM »
the way some of you ppl are treating joel is an utter disgrace
joel has always put th eclub first and always followed the instructions given to him
he won a b and f, he was twice AA
he has done so much for our club and when he plays that loose man role he is criticised just for doing what the coaches asked, yet fuckheads like hodge at hawkland are praised for the exact same role  :banghead :banghead
once again joel is a victim and scapegoat just for being in a poo team during a poo era
ppl forget he has played as a fwd, midfield, wings, hbf and eld the fb and chb positions through his career just because the team needed him to fill massive gaps in our list
he has won games for us, saved games for us , bled for us
yet many of you fuckheads just so simply forget
joel bowden thanks for being a true tiger champ! :clapping :clapping :clapping

bushranger

« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2009, 11:46:45 AM »
I wish him all the best.  :clapping

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2009, 11:50:04 AM »
I would have worded it a bit differently but pretty much agree TTII :shh

If we weren't at the stage we are at the moment, I would say Joel had a couple of servicable years left in him at Tigerland.

I will be :clapping him off against the skunks.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2009, 01:03:50 PM »
joel has always put th eclub first and always followed the instructions given to him
he has done so much for our club and when he plays that loose man role he is criticised just for doing what the coaches asked, yet effheads like hodge at hawkland are praised for the exact same role  :banghead :banghead
once again joel is a victim and scapegoat just for being in a poo team during a poo era
ppl forget he has played as a fwd, midfield, wings, hbf and eld the fb and chb positions through his career just because the team needed him to fill massive gaps in our list
yet many of you effheads just so simply forget
The difference is Luke Hodge is one of the toughest players in the game, has one of the best kicks in the league and has the ability to play as a genuine midfielder if required.
Hodge is used down back because of his elite skills setting up the play, he's far better at it than Bowden because he doesn't kick sideways to unmarked teammates and doesn't have the brain farts and terrible turnovers that Bowden does regularly each week. For someone who has such good skills, Bowden manages to pull off some of the worst turnovers in the entire team.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2009, 06:28:22 PM »
he has done so much for our club and when he plays that loose man role he is criticised just for doing what the coaches asked, yet effheads like hodge at hawkland are praised for the exact same role  :banghead :banghead
yet many of you effheads just so simply forget
The difference is Luke Hodge is one of the toughest players in the game, has one of the best kicks in the league and has the ability to play as a genuine midfielder if required.
Hodge is used down back because of his elite skills setting up the play, he's far better at it than Bowden because he doesn't kick sideways to unmarked teammates and doesn't have the brain farts and terrible turnovers that Bowden does regularly each week. For someone who has such good skills, Bowden manages to pull off some of the worst turnovers in the entire team.

you have absolutely no idea you fool.

worst turnovers in the whole team do you actually go to games?? Bowden is up there with the best 10% of players in our team in terms of disposal make no mistake about that.

Bowden has been the most used and abused player in our team. I have no doubt if we had a descent backline the last 10 years he would have been a 50 goal kicker for our team playing as a hit up forward.

as someone has mentioned before im sure you were loving his action when he won and saved so many games for us.

The RFC and Jade Rawlings have NFI not playing him ahead of  players like Edwards, Mclovin and King, whom may i add are NOT part of our future.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2009, 06:51:15 PM »
just ignore Imfamy & Brackets as they are tossers who beleive McLovin is going to fill Bowden position

fair dinkum McLovin was at his best doing what he always has & will do. Disgraceful disposal  :lol :rollin

check your stats out imfamy & you will find Bowden hits his targets up better than most in the league
Its not his fault some of his teammates are imcompetant  :lol with the likes of Edwards, McLovin, White, & a few others who you have for the future.
Bowden will be picked up next year just watch clubs will have already called him

wanna talk about old players who people say are hacks & should make way for younger better players well listen up  ;D
check out the Sydney vs Richmond thread  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2009, 10:34:46 PM »
Joel was a guest at half time at the Player's CLub coterie where he announced next week would be his last game .....

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2009, 11:28:32 PM »
just ignore Imfamy & Brackets as they are tossers who beleive McLovin is going to fill Bowden position

LMAO @ u and Danielle - partners in stupidity  :-*

Danielle would smear himself in s hit to make friends.

You have none....Mexican standoff.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2009, 11:42:19 PM »

you have absolutely no idea you fool.

worst turnovers in the whole team do you actually go to games?? Bowden is up there with the best 10% of players in our team in terms of disposal make no mistake about that.
Stop being such a cock and selectively quoting my posts. I said he manages to pull off SOME of the worst turnovers in the team. When he's all by himself, not under pressure and kicks straight down the throat of an unmanned opponent, I would say that's one of the worst turnovers in the team. Given he's kicking out of defence it means he gives it back in the most dangerous position on the ground.  He's done it enough times that it's not a random event, he's known for his brain farts.

I swear if you managed to grow even half a brain you'd be dangerous.