Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 48087 times)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #285 on: October 05, 2009, 07:40:39 PM »
Dealings with Port will be next imo:

Simmonds and Schulz or Hughes

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #286 on: October 05, 2009, 07:45:20 PM »
I reckon we will shop the obvious - McMahon, Tuck, Schulz, Hughes

I wouldn't be surprsied if we shop Connors & graham (well I'd shop Graham  ;D)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #287 on: October 05, 2009, 07:56:55 PM »
So what are people expecting our next trade to be: what should we be looking out for as the next completed RFC deal?

Something that gets us another top 30 pick, I hope.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Luke Ball walks out of St Kilda
« Reply #288 on: October 05, 2009, 08:15:54 PM »
Luke Ball has walked out of St Kilda and according to SEN wants to go to Collingwood

http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/85760/default.aspx

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #289 on: October 05, 2009, 08:47:11 PM »
Collingwood will still lack someone who can break the lines even with Ball as he is very slow. Will be another Skunk player who can get the pill however. Of course Collingwood will make out that they have won the flag if they get him.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: October 05, 2009, 08:54:14 PM »
Ball=Glorified version of Cogs.

gee i hope the Pies get him and send them backwards again.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: October 05, 2009, 10:25:56 PM »
Collingwood will still lack someone who can break the lines even with Ball as he is very slow. Will be another Skunk player who can get the pill however. Of course Collingwood will make out that they have won the flag if they get him.

Yep, just the player they don't need.

And another laugh at Collingwood for chasing Darren Jolly after they thought they won the jackpot giving up pick 14 for "young superstar" Cam Wood.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #292 on: October 05, 2009, 10:32:46 PM »
There looking at a replacement for Fraser TA  :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #293 on: October 05, 2009, 10:35:46 PM »
What do we think of the Lions trade day today and apparently they have not finished. Are they a bit far ahead of themselves ala Richmond in 96 after we had a bumper year in 95??

I can see similiarities and with these older players they have selected and the age of some of the Lions now going into next year they could fall on their sword in a couple of years.

I think there needs to be a ballance of youth and experience but have they overdone the experience side of things???

Thoughts..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: October 06, 2009, 12:06:09 AM »
There looking at a replacement for Fraser TA  :thumbsup

Mick only likes the one ruckman though as we know, and Jolly is miles better than Wood so their pick 14 young start will be stuck in the VFL.  Again.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ramps

« Reply #295 on: October 06, 2009, 12:06:32 AM »
I think Voss has erred. He should have taken kids in the draft. Hes topping up will cost them down the track.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #296 on: October 06, 2009, 03:40:35 AM »
Collingwood offered pick 30 for Fevola  :wallywink. The Blues of course said no.

Sydney wants pick 47 from the Bulldogs for Barry Hall. Hall has suggested he will want $50,000 more to join the Dogs if he has to make his way to them through the PSD.

The Kangaroos are understood to be working to secure Brisbane defender Joel McDonald, possibly for pick 41.

Hawthorn are trying to get pick 28 from Sydney for Josh Kennedy, who has agreed to financial terms with Sydney.

St Kilda has been linked to Bulldog defender Andrejs Everitt. The Dogs believe the Saints' first pick (#16) is on the table but the Saints may want to use that pick elsewhere (Andrew Lovett). Carlton has offered pick 26 for Everitt but the Dogs want a top 20 pick in exchange.

Lovett and the Bombers second pick could go to St Kilda in exchange for pick 16 and [/b]Matt Maguire[/b].

Port Adelaide has aggressively sought a ruckmen expressing interest in Shane Mumford (Geelong), Mark Jamar (Melbourne), Jonathon Griffin (Adelaide) and Shaun Hampson (Carlton). Sydney is also interested in Mumford.

Mumford has been made an extraordinary offer of about $900,000 for three years - a figure the Cats can get nowhere near - by the Swans. The may also lose Wojcinski due to salary cap pressure.

Collingwood is understood to be prepared to consider a trade for Leon Davis to Perth, where he is from, or Adelaide where his partner is from, if the right deal was available.

Geelong is in talks about Fremantle's Marcus Drum.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26169521-5013406,00.html
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/ball-wants-to-be-a-magpie/2009/10/05/1254700978231.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/luke-ball-wants-to-be-a-magpie/story-e6frf9jf-1225783067248

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #297 on: October 06, 2009, 08:52:08 AM »
I think Voss has erred. He should have taken kids in the draft. Hes topping up will cost them down the track.

Reminds me of us in 2001.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #298 on: October 06, 2009, 02:54:18 PM »
Peter Rhode from Port neither confirmed nor denied that Melbourne are involved in Burgoyne discussions. So SEN is saying the Dees are involved. Burgoyne met with Bailey and Davey at Collins st today at around noon apparently.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #299 on: October 06, 2009, 02:56:38 PM »
Peter Rhode from Port neither confirmed nor denied that Melbourne were involved in Burgoyne discussions. So SEN is saying the Dees are involved.

The Dees would want to avoid trading pick 2.

It'll have to be 11 and Sylvia maybe??
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do