Author Topic: Rd 22 - Vs West Coast  (Read 5162 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Rd 22 - Vs West Coast
« on: August 16, 2009, 09:19:57 AM »
This will be a good chance to change direction and play a young group. This is the line up that should fly over there.

B:     Connors       Rance          Newman
HB:   Moore           Post            Polo
C:     Tambling     Deledio          Thomson
HF:   Nahas         Reiwoldt         Morton
F:     Gourdis        Vickery         Edwards
R:     Browne        Jackson         Cousins (local boy)
Int:   Putt, White, Thursfield, Hislop.

After this a cull of unseen proportions must occur:
Trade Jackson, White, Tuck, McMahon, King, Couglan, Brown, Raines, McGuane, Rance, JON, Schulz, Hughes for whatever we can get for them and then delist them if no takers.
Then start from scratch trade for no players only picks.
You will notice all the players listed cannot kick or make quick decisions.
If Daniel Jackson wins our B&F then no wonder we are shizen.   

Ramps

Re: Rd 22 - Vs West Coast
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 09:22:03 AM »
Rance would have a lot of clubs asking. Its an interesting option- especially if he is used to upgrade our 2nd pick.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 09:33:11 AM »
This will be a good chance to change direction and play a young group. This is the line up that should fly over there.

B:     Connors       Rance          Newman
HB:   Moore           Post            Polo
C:     Tambling     Deledio          Thomson
HF:   Nahas         Reiwoldt         Morton
F:     Gourdis        Vickery         Edwards
R:     Browne        Jackson         Cousins (local boy)
Int:   Putt, White, Thursfield, Hislop.

After this a cull of unseen proportions must occur:
Trade Jackson, White, Tuck, McMahon, King, Couglan, Brown, Raines, McGuane, Rance, JON, Schulz, Hughes for whatever we can get for them and then delist them if no takers.
Then start from scratch trade for no players only picks.
You will notice all the players listed cannot kick or make quick decisions.
If Daniel Jackson wins our B&F then no wonder we are shizen.   

i agree

i would be willing to give Hughes and Mcguane one more crack. Edwards cannot kick either and i am not sold on him.

Daniel Jackson cannot kick. The difference between his best and worst is too great to ignore. Trade i say

you know whats sad is one of our best this year is little robbie nahas. Our best tackler in the team. you guessed it robbie nahas.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 09:40:36 AM »
Rance would have a lot of clubs asking. Its an interesting option- especially if he is used to upgrade our 2nd pick.

Rance would be first to go, Traded
Cant play, and please no one make excuses for him,
Tries hard, gets caught way to often

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 09:45:05 AM »

Rance would be first to go, Traded
Cant play, and please no one make excuses for him,
Tries hard, gets caught way to often

But you have to make the decision now, not in 3 years when everyones worked out that he struggles.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cousins a nice headache to have for Worsfold (West Australian)
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 01:17:39 PM »
Cousins a nice headache to have for Worsfold
Tim Clarke
August 25, 2009 - 10:13AM WST

It is a familiar situation in unfamiliar circumstances when Eagles coach John Worsfold described Ben Cousins as one of the "headaches" he will have to deal with this week.

That the problem is a purely a football one, as Cousins returns to Subiaco with his adopted side Richmond to take on his old club, is a relief to everyone.

Cousing will take on his old side at his old home on Friday night, barring any adverse reaction to the knockout blow dealt by Buddy Franklin last weekend.

And having been one of the Tigers best in recent weeks, Worsfold said he would need some planning for a game which would provide a massive contest for one of his younger players.

"He is a pretty good player, so he is one of the headaches we have got to look to deal with this week," Worsfold said.

"Every team has got great players, and regardless of the name of the person, our younger players have had great learning experiences playing on great players this year.

"Tom Swift on Adam Cooney or earlier in the year Scott Selwood on Ben Cousins.

"I think he has played very good footy, and of course it is (pleasing to see him back)."

Worsfold's relationship with Cousins is now almost exclusively away from football, with the Eagles coach saying he was looking forward to conversing with him after the season.

"Not regular, it is more away from football (we have contact). Therefore when the season is finished I will be happy to have a chat to him," Worsfold said.

And while he would not be drawn on whether Cousins should get another year - with his future at the Tigers to become more clear this week if a new coach is appointed - Worsfold said he knew what his team would be facing this week.

"Solid player … and a Brownlow medallist," Worsfold said.

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/cousins-a-nice-headache-to-have-for-worsfold-20090825-excl.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 03:30:48 AM »
Luxbet odds:

Richmond      $ 1.22
West Coast   $ 4.35

Line is 27.5 points

"Experts":

H-S:  1-10   

Caro, Mike and Bucks have tipped us.

BF saying the game is sold-out  :o.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 08:49:10 AM »
Mate of mine who lives in WA and has a fair bit to do with the club via official roles with the Supporters Club posted this to Tiger-Talk:

Training Tonight

Couple of things I saw and heard at training tonight.

* McMahon is crap at kicking even at training with no pressure on.  Twice I saw him miss the target by hand and foot.
* Our best kick was Cogs and he was back on his old home ground with training at Eftel Oval
* Silvester is slowwwwww but he is a big boy
* Simmo moved very well
* Dont be surprised if Post plays with Graham missing out as we believe that Simmo will be able to take on Natanui by himself
* From the talk I heard from the Richmond officialdom, Richo is very far from being retained by Hardwick
* Dont be surprised if Cogs and Brown survive. Cogs as he is a hard at it type that Hardwick likes and as is good on both sides of his body and Brown as Hardwick believes we just dont have that much skill running around.
* Lot of talk about Deledio and as one person who will remain nameless said "if he wants to leave the club, I will gladly pack his boots and drive him to his new ground and buy him a coffee for the drive over" Not sure if I agree with that sentiment but the Richmond guy that said it was a big bugger
* Talk about all players being equal. The team shows up in a bus that parks outside the ground whilst Benny turns up in a flash white new BMW with sunroof and he drives straight up to the back door of the change rooms then leaves by the car on his lonesome straight after.
* We will find it hard to win against the FWCE as we seem to be very light on for personnel and I am not sure who will play on LeCras who will probably kick 7 goals as we do not have a good record with small forwards eg Phil Matera, Milne, Corey Jones and leCras last game.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/92131

Ramps

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 08:56:56 AM »
Coughlan and Brown surviving the cull is a joke and would indicate a bad start for Hardwick especially if the cull doesnt extend to atleast 10 to 12 names.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 01:02:23 PM »
Anyone noticed that the last couple of EOTT reports, reportedly from Rawlings, seem more like transcripts of his post match interviews?

At first it was a pleasant surprise to read some straight-laced opinions after all the spun stuff of the previous guy, but after the Swans and Pies games, seems that Jade lost interest.

Understandable, I suppose.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 01:43:35 PM »
Coughlan and Brown surviving the cull is a joke and would indicate a bad start for Hardwick especially if the cull doesnt extend to atleast 10 to 12 names.

as i said i like the appointment of hardwick but we will find out if he is all talk when we see who survives the cull and if those 2 survive then we are stuff.e.d.

Cogs and Brown please. yeah real team focused player Brown was.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 05:45:34 PM »
Same mate who posted the earlier info from WA training had this to say on Tiger-Talk tonight:

"Seems cogs was asked by the blade 4 weeks ago when he wanted his
farewell game whether in front of the richmond fans or in his home
town. He told the blade he doesn't want a farewell game but if he Is
to be cut then he wants to get a game on his merits not just to say
goodbye"

He knows the family personally so fair chance there is something in it.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/92140

Another poster also quotes a reliable source saying that Coughlan and Brown have been told it is their last game in the Yellow and Black.  Don't know the poster so can't comment on his reliability.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 06:13:59 PM »
So we are getting conflicting reports about Cogs and Browny.

Lets just wait and see what will eventuate.

Hardwick throughout his interview process I am sure would have been pouring over our list extensively and him and Craig Cameron will be making a few necessary calls from Monday onwards.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 06:52:27 PM »
Brown has told people close to him, its all over

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 07:05:36 PM »
Same mate who posted the earlier info from WA training had this to say on Tiger-Talk tonight:

"Seems cogs was asked by the blade 4 weeks ago when he wanted his
farewell game whether in front of the richmond fans or in his home
town. He told the blade he doesn't want a farewell game but if he Is
to be cut then he wants to get a game on his merits not just to say
goodbye"

He knows the family personally so fair chance there is something in it.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/92140

Another poster also quotes a reliable source saying that Coughlan and Brown have been told it is their last game in the Yellow and Black.  Don't know the poster so can't comment on his reliability.

I find this difficult to believe! It is neither Rawlings nor Hardwicks decision yet who gets the chop!