Author Topic: Connor Menadue [merged]  (Read 102329 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Connor Menadue [merged]
« Reply #315 on: June 04, 2017, 09:51:34 PM »

Back to the topic. Like Menadue
Knows where to run

Too bad he hardly does it. 14 disposals for a wingmen/high half forward is pretty low

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #316 on: June 18, 2017, 07:53:12 PM »
Connor Menadue backs Buddy Franklin over AFL bump

Jason Phelan
AAP
June 18, 2017, 3:58 pm

Sydney superstar Lance Franklin's chances of avoiding an AFL suspension have received a boost thanks to Richmond's Connor Menadue.

Franklin was reported for rough conduct on Menadue in the second quarter of the Swans' stunning come-from-behind win at the MCG on Saturday.

Menadue was taken high by Franklin as he bent over to collect a loose ball.

A bump to the head would likely see Franklin offered a suspension by the AFL match review panel, but the young Tiger shed further light on the incident on Sunday.

"I was alright (this morning) it was more my shoulder than my head," Menadue told Fox Sports News.

"I'm a bit sore but it's alright.

"I had a couple of mates send (the vision) to me and get into me a bit.

"But it's alright - it was more my shoulder. It should be right.

"I wasn't dazed or anything ... it was just an impact then it got a bit sore as the game went on."

The resurgent Swans are one game outside the eight after the nine-point win and will be desperate to have Franklin available for Friday night's clash against Essendon at the SCG.

Asked if he'd be OK if Franklin avoided a suspension, Menadue replied: "I'm pretty easy with that stuff ... it's footy. It's a tough game."

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/a/36038005/richmond-tigers-connor-menadue-backs-buddy-franklin-over-afl-bump/#page1

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #317 on: June 23, 2017, 05:54:10 PM »
Fair dinkum when talking about players to drop take your pick.
Menadue, Lloyd, Houli, B Ellis, Rioli, Butler, Castagna,Edwards, you could make a strong case to drop any of them and if any one of them was dropped id be shocked if anyone was surprised.

The first to go should be those who are weak bastards who shirk contact and panic under any sort of pressure imo Bellis, Edwards, Houli and Menadue .If that is not enough outs  Follow that up with those who dont touch the ball in a game.
Theres two starting points that should be written in stone.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #318 on: June 23, 2017, 07:28:07 PM »
Menadue, Lloyd, Houli, B Ellis, Rioli, Butler, Castagna,Edwards, you could make a strong case to drop any of them and if any one of them was dropped id be shocked if anyone was surprised.

The first to go should be those who are weak bastards who shirk contact and panic under any sort of pressure imo Bellis, Edwards, Houli and Menadue .If that is not enough outs  Follow that up with those who dont touch the ball in a game.

I agree and I'm on record as saying Menadue won't make it but here's hoping last week was a hiccup considering his improvement the two weeks prior

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: June 23, 2017, 07:43:26 PM »

I agree and I'm on record as saying Menadue won't make it but here's hoping last week was a hiccup considering his improvement the two weeks prior

Last week was not great but i think he makes it and becomes a very good player.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #320 on: June 23, 2017, 08:22:57 PM »
He looks quite talented to me but my general issue is the lack of breakthrough talent at the club aged under 23.
I'd love someone to step out and deliver a Zach Merrett or Patrick Cripps type breakout year.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #321 on: June 23, 2017, 09:05:18 PM »
One thing is for sure, he is as weak as pee.
I don't think he will make it either. But at Richmond that probably means he plays 100 games.
He is heading in the BEllis direction imo.

He should have been dropped this week.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #322 on: June 23, 2017, 09:36:15 PM »
But Betamax Jackson and BJ Hartley and our awesome recruiting team thought he was something special.

As long as he's a great kid that loves his grandma.  :rollin

Let's not fix something that isn't  broken. Time to give them all extra bucks and bonuses so they don't get poached by other clubs banging down the punt road doors for the best recruiting team money can buy.  :rollin

The blue print to success  :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #323 on: June 25, 2017, 06:16:07 PM »
I thought today was Connor's best game for the Club. At least the most effective with those forward runs out of congestion.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #324 on: June 25, 2017, 06:18:00 PM »
Played well both ends.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #325 on: June 25, 2017, 06:31:51 PM »
Didn't see him shirk one today

Ruanaidh

« Reply #326 on: June 25, 2017, 06:37:15 PM »
Played well both ends.
He'll be a top midfielder in two years I reckon. Happy for the kid.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #327 on: June 25, 2017, 06:45:04 PM »
Yep. I'm a Due fan. Thing I like most about him is his poise after he goes on one of his runs. He doesn't just blaze away. Good user.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #328 on: June 25, 2017, 07:23:02 PM »
Solid game and must continue with the momentum. He is clean and makes good decisions. A few more kilograms will see him become a very good midfielder  :clapping

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #329 on: June 25, 2017, 07:35:15 PM »
Deceptively quick... :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.