Author Topic: Connor Menadue [merged]  (Read 102321 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Connor Menadue [merged]
« Reply #390 on: August 05, 2018, 08:42:55 AM »
Watching the replay and its only the first quarter but he was very good. Harshly judged me thinks :shh

Has any Richmond  player ever had a bad game in your eyes? Are you the bloke who writes the VFL reviews?

Its as if you're Assange Tiger and every player is BEllis.... :shh

Adding balance is what I do as I prefer to look at the many positives players bring to the table. The person writing the VFL reviews is doing something right as you seen to read them weekly :shh

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #391 on: August 05, 2018, 09:28:38 AM »
Watching the replay and its only the first quarter but he was very good. Harshly judged me thinks :shh

Has any Richmond  player ever had a bad game in your eyes? Are you the bloke who writes the VFL reviews?

Adding balance is what I do as I prefer to look at the many positives players bring to the table. The person writing the VFL reviews is doing something right as you seen to read them weekly :shh

Will add he had game high 11 intercept possessions, 9 contested possessions = 6 and 18 disposals = 4. Not too bad when you consider the personal pressure to play well and his role for the team late in the year when you're fighting for a contract. And further to your point above, Grigg has played many poor games in my eyes :lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #392 on: August 05, 2018, 01:27:12 PM »

Who saw me? :shh

I also read The Age website regularly  & even  The Guardian's occasionally- doesn't mean I agree with them or think the writing is particularly good or honest (unless you read it as satire, then it's pure stuffng comedy gold.....)   :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #393 on: August 05, 2018, 07:30:30 PM »
A player in his 4th year, in the position he plays, in the side he is playing in, needs to be clean with the ball, and Menadue is not.

He fumbles, he misses targets and he doesn’t really use his only real weapon, his pace.

His time at AFL level should be over for the year. We have too many players in better form at the moment.

Happy for him to be on this list next year but he seriously needs to improve to play in a top side.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #394 on: August 06, 2018, 02:04:30 AM »
A player in his 4th year, in the position he plays, in the side he is playing in, needs to be clean with the ball, and Menadue is not.

He fumbles, he misses targets and he doesn’t really use his only real weapon, his pace.

His time at AFL level should be over for the year. We have too many players in better form at the moment.

Happy for him to be on this list next year but he seriously needs to improve to play in a top side.

I agree to a point, but no one knows the role or intructions his given to him by Dimma.His games he played last season and then dropped we seen his run and carry this year his hesitate to tske off and go.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: August 06, 2018, 03:24:56 PM »
Aaron Fiora Mk.II  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #396 on: August 06, 2018, 03:40:26 PM »
Bagged him during the game but looking back did some nice things and worth persisting with as he gets bigger. Certainly would keep him on the list for now. 

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #397 on: August 07, 2018, 12:25:07 AM »
Aaron Fiora Mk.II  :shh

Ouch, but quite frankly from where I sit a concerningly accurate comparison.

My main concern/issue with Menadue is the same one I had with Fiora, that I don't understand what role either player plays/played/or is trying to play in the team.

I rarely get to see the Tigers play live, so I can only go by what I see on TV. Which can make understanding aspects of what the team does difficult because you can't see work off the ball.

I assume that Menadue is playing primarily a wing role, outside and looking to run and drive the ball quickly forward utilising his much talked about pace. Not sure what his endurance is like, but given the way he seems to come in and out of games, I assume it is a work in progress?

What I find interesting is that he seems to push much further forward than McIntosh on the other side of the ground, and conversely McIntosh seems to push much further back. And neither player seems to provide much rebound between the 50m arcs, like a number of our other players do.

So I think I am at the point of accepting that Menadue has the tools to play AFL footy, but I am not sure he is good fit in our team.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #398 on: August 07, 2018, 10:45:42 AM »
Did Fiora ever win a GF sprint  :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #399 on: August 07, 2018, 11:33:09 AM »
Well Dimma, Caracella and Leppitsch must see something we don't.

Maybe he just needs games and they see a big upside?

From a spectator he seems to be improving marginally each week.

Maybe a confidence issue?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #400 on: August 07, 2018, 12:50:58 PM »
Well Dimma, Caracella and Leppitsch must see something we don't.

Considering he usually gets dropped after only one or two games, I'd suggest they also see a lot of the same things we do... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #401 on: August 07, 2018, 01:11:41 PM »
Lol, not the dirt player who with time experience came good.
I thought he was ok , But ok against a side that pushed us to the end.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: August 07, 2018, 08:22:47 PM »

I agree.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #403 on: August 07, 2018, 08:42:28 PM »

I agree.

Misses targets is a stretch...sure you're not watching number 6 :shh

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #404 on: August 07, 2018, 10:58:16 PM »
Misses targets is a stretch...sure you're not watching number 6 :shh

No.6 doesn't miss targets, he drops bombs on them.