Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 412935 times)

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yeah heard the Richmond are front runners reports on channel 7 quickly followed by the hawthorn are front runners on foxfooty......

Also watched rance’s interview on the couch and found his comments to be pretty intriguing, worrying more about what it would do for the structure of the team than any monetary ramifications. Would think that if we were after lynch then our recruiting team wouldn’t be too happy with ranceys comments.

No problems with what Rance said.
Adding an AA 199cm key forward to our team would change the structure.
We won a premiership with the current structure so of course it would be "interesting".
He does back our current culture even if he were Jack the Ripper or Jordan De Goey.
Trusts the club to arrange the money although his reference to the big members base displays a lack of understanding of TPP.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Yeah heard the Richmond are front runners reports on channel 7 quickly followed by the hawthorn are front runners on foxfooty......

Also watched rance’s interview on the couch and found his comments to be pretty intriguing, worrying more about what it would do for the structure of the team than any monetary ramifications. Would think that if we were after lynch then our recruiting team wouldn’t be too happy with ranceys comments.

No problems with what Rance said.
Adding an AA 199cm key forward to our team would change the structure.
We won a premiership with the current structure so of course it would be "interesting".
He does back our current culture even if he were Jack the Ripper or Jordan De Goey.
Trusts the club to arrange the money although his reference to the big members base displays a lack of understanding of TPP.

Oh personally no issues at all with what he said. But just wondering what our recruiters would be thinking if we are trying to lure this guy over and your vice captain/one of the most prominent players in the game says that.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
[Oh personally no issues at all with what he said. But just wondering what our recruiters would be thinking if we are trying to lure this guy over and your vice captain/one of the most prominent players in the game says that.

But didn't Rance say last week that he was prepared to have a chat with Lynch to convince him to come to Richmond.
Tigers vice-captain Alex Rance told AFL Tonight recently he did not want to inflame the situation or put more pressure on Lynch.
But he made it clear if he wanted to talk to the Tigers players he would be more than willing to make a pitch.

“Obviously if he wanted to come he would come and have a chat with us. You want a pulse check of the culture,’’ he said.

“Coaches and recruiters are probably going to paint a pretty good picture of what the club is. If I was to go to another club I would really want to feel the nitty gritty of what’s wrong with the club because everyone is going to say what’s right with the club. But I would think at some stage if Tom wanted to come he might want to sit down with the leadership group.

Recruiters know that it's all part of the game that Hawthorn and Collingwood are playing, like last year with Schache.

If we had the money for Schache we'll be able to pay for Lynch, with Griffith and Hampson costs back in the kitty.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
We're definitely going to bring at least one, probably two and maybe even three very good player(s) across this off-season  - whether Lynch is among them doesn't really matter- there's more than one iron in the fire and people are going to be far from disappointed either way*.... ...:shh

*except maybe WP  :shh

Just because I dont' rate DeGoey and the baggage that comes with him doesn't mean I don't want decent quality players at the Club..but there is more to it that what they produce on the field (best put in one these  :shh here for no reason  ;D)

Just because I'd rather keep a Townsend or Graham type over a De Goey because they offer far more again doesn't mean I don't want good quality coming to our club.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
Back on Tom Lynch, I feel this is a bit of a smoke screen. Not sure why, but get the impression we are being overly aggressive here to hide the fact we have a different target.

No idea who that would be, which kinda of makes this a nothing post, but it just seems that we are trying to send out signals about our interest in Lynch in a very obvious way.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Who knows how many front loaded and back ended contracts we have??

In Balme we trust.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
Who knows how many front loaded and back ended contracts we have??

In Balme we trust.

Martin should be one.

The timing of the Salary Cap increase was perfect timing for us. Cap went up by around $2m so we could have paid Martin a fair slice of that - on top of his previous contract amount - all up say $2.5million for this year. The reported contract was $8m over 7 years so then it would be $5.5mil over 6 years for the remainder.

Best free kick we have had out of the AFL in years.

Dougeytherichmondfan

It certainly helped us in our ability to compete with lolN0rfs absurd offer.

But IF we were to offer T Lynch 1.4 it would mean that Duz and Lynch would be taking up about 20% of the cap (for two players). Chuck in the sizable contracts for Cotch, Reiwoldt, Rancey and Prestia (I also understand Caddy is on decent coin) and it doesn't leave much left for the other 35ish players on the list - rookies or vets.

I trust they know what they're doing, but doesn't compute for me.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
We will lose players regardless of whether we get Lynch or not. Especially if we go back to back.

Griffiths is already out and Hampson should be. $800K in just those two.

And I would think we have been front end loading a heap of contracts as we have supposedly had this big war chest (even before the Salary Cap increase)

For Lynch we could do $1.4mil for two years then $800 for 4 years which gets $6m over 6 years

Lynch turns 26 end of October so that would take him through to 32

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
GC would surely be willing to match that offer?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Who needs enimies when you've got Alex Rance, he was really lucky Lyon and Healy held back in there questioning they could have really opened him up with the answers he was giving, stuffing idiot. Its very probable he knows we are not going for Lynch anyway. Cringe worthy.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
He's there to stop goals not give interviews :shh Keep him on comedy duty from this point forward.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
Is Lynch that good that we would pay him more than Dusty?

We are a side in a premiership window that is enough to entice a player for unders.

If he wants overs, a big PASS

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Things are heating up around the Suns skipper

The Rover
SportingNews.com
8 May 2018

If you read this week that Hawthorn’s ahead in the race for Gold Coast star Tom Lynch, and that Alex Rance wonders if it would be a good idea to get the Suns co-captain to Richmond, you’d be thinking it’s a done deal.

And it almost is.

But not to the Hawks.

Fact is, the Tigers are in the box seat at the moment and looking good to get the 25-year-old’s signature.

There’s a lot of water to go under the Punt Road bridge yet, and Suns fans – all 17 of you – shouldn’t give up hope Lynch will stay at Gold Coast, but Richmond has well and truly got one hand on the prize while the other hand is feeling around under the sofa cushions trying to find any loose change that Dusty might have dropped.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/list/the-afl-rover-tom-lynch-to-the-hawks-think-again-richmond-tigers-hawthorn-gold-coast-ross-lyon-sexual/17l14p33c4qjz11j6natqvyc2m/slide/1

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Is Lynch that good that we would pay him more than Dusty?

We are a side in a premiership window that is enough to entice a player for unders.

If he wants overs, a big PASS
It's more a matter of structure.
We do need (and have for a number of years) another good key forward.
If we were to lose Jack now we would really have NO other options.
Dusty's the best player in the competition but he can be replaced. Not to the same level but just look at having our 2nd best midfielder (Cotchin) out this week.

I understand about wanted to get a discount because we are successful ATM but that's not how it will work.
The compensation (I'm assuming we won't trade) the Suns get is dependent on the new contract.
It's the same as the Vickery contract. Hawthorn upped the perceived amount by shortening the period to give us a higher pick.
Something similar will happen with Lynch no matter where he goes.
Maybe like Buddy's Sydney contract, heavily front loaded over a long period.