Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 413828 times)

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Darcy Moore for 800k.  Surely you jest.  That's about $20,000 a possession for him.  So overrated although young enough to come good. 

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Nick Bowen on afl.com.au saying Darcy Moore worth around $8ook per season.

Reckon I'd rather go with that than $1.4 million for Lynch.

Darcy Moore isnt worth $800k per season

Don't think he is worth $500k per season  :huh3

Tend to agree.

Only players worth 800k on our list are Rance, Martin, Cotch & BEllis. Is Moore on their level? Not yet

If you’re paying 500k for Moore your doing it based on potential rather than consistently proven performances and if your paying 800k well then your just crazy.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
800k fur Darcy Moore? Haha - we could almost get Charlie Curnow for that..... :shh

Nick Bowen on afl.com.au saying Darcy Moore worth around $8ook per season.

Reckon I'd rather go with that than $1.4 million for Lynch.

Darcy Moore isnt worth $800k per season

Don't think he is worth $500k per season  :huh3

Tend to agree.

Only players worth 800k on our list are Rance, Martin, Cotch & BEllis. Is Moore on their level? Not yet

:fishing
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Well Hutchy claimed on Footy Classified that "Lynch was Richmond's to lose" and that Rance's comments wouldn't have helped.

https://www.9now.com.au/footy-classified/2018/clip-cjh664lzj00sj0hrpr9xvaqvt?ocid=Social-FootyClassified

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cotchin throws support behind Lynch chase

By SEN
16 May 2018

If Tom Lynch decides to leave the Gold Coast Suns, Richmond captain Trent Cotchin says the club would be “silly” not to try and secure his services.

The Tigers are one of the main players in the chase for the out of contract Suns forward, and Cotchin has delivered a strong endorsement of Lynch’s character.

“From all reports, he’s an incredible person, which is probably the number one thing, and he’s an amazing talent and he’s a big boy,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“So you’d be silly if you weren’t looking at him as a footy club if he does decide he wants to leave the Gold Coast Suns.

“We have people in charge of those areas that we have full trust in putting together the right deals and the right players to fit our footy team.

"Until it gets further down the track, there’s no real point in commentating on it further.”

On Fox Footy earlier this year, Alex Rance said you wouldn’t want to upset the apple cart by chasing a big fish like Lynch.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/05/15/cotchin-throws-support-behind-lynch-chase/

dwaino

Gold Coast would probably force a trade so Rance’s comments could actually shave his price down a little if he’s hellbent on coming to play for us, it’s not just about highest bidder and he doesn’t want to upset the team before he steps in the door

Dougeytherichmondfan

Honestly, it may be in GCs interests to just let him walk. Theyll get first round compo, and Id expect a top 5 pick for them. So mihht mean getting pick 6, as opposed to pick 18 this year and next 😉.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'm assuming we offer a 2 year at $1.2-1.4m per year which the GC won't want to match as he becomes an unrestricted free agent after 2 years.
I'd assume that there's a wink and a nudge that he would re-sign with us post that contract for 3-4
years at $500-600k per year.
That's about $1m a year over 5 which is most definitely worth
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
OUT-OF-CONTRACT Gold Coast co-captain Tom Lynch will return to Melbourne for the Suns' mid-season break as his future remains in limbo.

Nursing an injured knee, Lynch will head back to his native Victoria in the coming days to spend time with family and friends.

The 25-year-old didn't travel to China with the rest of his teammates last week, continuing rehabilitation on his knee that worsened in the round six loss to Adelaide.

Lynch is not expected to meet with any potential suitors, instead heading bayside to celebrate his sister Bethany's 21st birthday around her commitments with Richmond's VFLW team, Neil Balme has been requested to MC the special day at the request of the Lynch family.

It is also expected 2 of Lynch's former team mates Dion Prestia & Josh Caddy will also be in attendance as well as Bethany's new boyfriend Richmond first year player Noah Balta.

The most sought-after free agent in this year's pool, Lynch will be hoping for a return against Geelong in the club's first match at Metricon Stadium this season in round 11.

Lynch's visit will be his last trip to Melbourne before the Suns play against North Melbourne in round 16.

It is understood Collingwood, Hawthorn and Richmond have enquired about Lynch's services beyond this season.

His partner has moved north this year against her will to be by his side with the Suns but only until the end of the year was her terms hopeful they can be brain washed to convince them to stay under new coach Stuart Dew who also really doesnt want to be here but we are paying him $3,000,000 a year

Suns chairman Tony Cochrane said earlier this month that there was no timeline pressure on Lynch's decision, But i have been sleeping outside his door and driving him to and from the club to insure he does not jump on a plane and head to Richmond.

"When you're dealing with someone who is as important to the club as Tom is, and we've got a lot of them, you don't hand out deadlines," But i would kiss his ass and tuck him into bed every night if required Cochrane told Macquarie Sports Radio.

"I don't think that's the way to win friends and influence people But i will do what ever it takes

"What we're trying to do is set up the right atmosphere and the right conditions by which Tom feels really compelled.

"We're putting such a compelling case forward that (hopefully) Tom feels absolutely compelled and feels sorry for us enough to stay.

"There's no deadlines involved here, we'll do whatever we have to do to retain Tom and fight very hard to retain him."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-21/suns-free-agent-in-melbourne-for-midseason-break

:shh :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Locked and loaded

:snidegrin

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
It is also expected 2 of Lynch's former future team mates Dion Prestia & Josh Caddy will also be in attendance as well as Bethany's new boyfriend Richmond first year player Noah Balta.

:shh :shh :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

dwaino

Sounds done. Welcome Lynch  :shh

I wasn't 100% convinced previously, but watching us hammer the Eagles in the second quarter but constantly bombing it inside 50m without a target changed my mind.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Sounds done. Welcome Lynch  :shh

I wasn't 100% convinced previously, but watching us hammer the Eagles in the second quarter but constantly bombing it inside 50m without a target changed my mind.

I would welcome the addition.
Just watching how hard Jack is working and how selfless he can be at times. With a big target up fwd taking their best defender it will allow jack to cause some serious damage.

We also need a new dynamic approach as our fwd line is starting to become predictable
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
Oh my god are we actually about to reel in this 100kg tuna ?